I sat down this evening with Black Legion’s Elo Knight, arguably the single most famous FC in 0.0. I expected quite a few things from speaking with the man and what I found was someone of few words, humble of his capabilities and hopeful of his future. We spoke almost an hour while he was FCing a fleet.

Enjoy:

Seraph IX Basarab: Alright so first off thanks for agreeing to the interview. So our readers know none of the questions have been given prior to the interview and what follows is completely off the cuff. So why did you start playing Eve and what brought you to it?
Elo Knight: Spaceship game was cool, looked fun, all on 1 server.

SIXB: Why did you decide to focus on pvp?
Elo Knight: Its what im good at, so i’ll do it, more fun too.

SIXB: Can you tell us about your corp, Origin and how Black Legion started.
Elo Knight: I made my corp just myself and built it with help of ppl I recruited then we stole BL from original owners after they kicked me once.

SIXB: What’s the story behind that?
Elo Knight: We just got more corps and made my corp exec, until I accidentally disbanded us.

SIXB: Why did you get kicked from nulli?
Elo Knight: Not meshing, I guess.

SIXB: What did you do after leaving Nulli?
Elo Knight: Remake bl and go to venal.

SIXB: Is this when you campaigned against CFC capitals?
Elo Knight: Sort of yes, against all people.

SIXB: Soon after, NCdot and Nulli would defend Tribute against the CFC if I’m not mistaken. What prompted you to join forces with them?
Elo Knight: Money, friendship and they paid us to be blue and stuff.

SIXB: How much did they pay?
Elo Knight: Then stabbed us in the back after we killed PL titan. They gave us 5 tech moons(20bmonth per or so at the time)

SIXB: I’ll get to the infamous falling out between you and NCDOT, but I’m personally curious how the defense of Tribute was handled. Who was in charge and who were some of the notable FCs there, beside yourself.

Elo Knight: Mostly twinkey was other fc. Vince didnt fc against goons after UMI. Only shot solar wit
h blob.

SIXB: How was working with Vince – NCDOT’s defacto leader?
Elo Knight: So so, I usually avoided him due to rage, as did my alliance.

SIXB: Now most people have the impression that the falling out between you two was due to “because of Falcon” incident. Was that just the straw that broke the camel’s back? What happened with the PL titan?
Elo Knight: yeah vince lost his mind on my 2nd in command, so we moved, and we killed pl titan with s2n, then PL took our moons with cfc in ncdot space and plnc were blue. So they fucked us(after they said they’d help defend). They fucked allies as they always do.

SIXB: Now when Tribute was abandoned, BL returned up north correct? What happened between BL and 401K?
Elo Knight: they did little work and expected half, so we reset after 1 campaign due to us rf 10 pos, they’d show with 30 ppl, and take half.

SIXB: Afterward you continued to harass the CFC as they went to war with TEST and Tribal. You’ve been asked this before but who approached who about the deal between you and the CFC and how much money was exchanged?
Elo Knight: The exchange is classified

SIXB: Understood. What exactly was BL’s role in the Fountain campaign?
Elo Knight: Supportfcingtactical planning of campaign and backup.

SIXB: How was working with the CFC FCs?
Elo Knight: Its fine, they don’t argue back, not full glasses.

SIXB: How effective was N3 in helping TEST?
Elo Knight: Very, until they bailed.

SIXB: Do you think they would have won in Fountain had N3 not bailed?
Elo Knight: Probably if they actually committed.

SIXB: Now through all this, a rivalry seems to have been growing between Black Legion and Pandemic Legion. There have been some brief flare ups such as the Revenant kill but also the debacle BL faced. What are your thoughts on all of that?
Elo Knight: Makes the game fun.

SIXB: Now according to the Mittani’s CEO update, he was surprised that BL would ally with the southern alliances while I provided analysis in another article that suggested that it should and will happen. What motivated that choice?
Elo Knight: Me and mactep have discussions of what is best for our allies, and we came to an agreement.

SIXB: I was pleased to see it happen myself as it provided Eve yet another capable coalition. But would you consider yourselves a single coalition or is BL simply hired as mercs again?
Elo Knight: We are a part of it. Help sf get new space, crush n3 and pl.

SIXB: Any plans on grabbing and holding some sov for yourselves?
Elo Knight: Maybe,we’ll see. If only to subsidize our capital habit

SIXB: What do you call the coalition you are part of? I’ve used Neo-Stainwagon and SoCo while others have used RUSRUS and DTF.
Elo Knight: I think dtf is our name, but name doesnt matter as we are united.

SIXB: How has the war been going for DTF, and how has the Goon support changed, if at all, the outcome of fights so far?
Elo Knight: Bombers helped.

SIXB: Now last few questions. You pretty much have a star reputation as one of the best 0.0 FCs in Eve right now. Do you let that get to your head or do you try to stay humble? How do you foresee the outcome of this war?
Elo Knight: I’m not that good, and I hope we win this, as it will shake up eve.

SIXB: I really think it will. Any last thoughts you’d like to add?
Elo Knight: Not much, I don’t have many words for most things, I just like to play.

SIXB: Actions not words, always better that way. Thank you very much for taking the time to talk to me and I wish you the best.

Quite insightful on some of the things that happened and perhaps on the things to come. I hope you all enjoyed.

– Seraph IX Basarab

1. BigSako

Your doing a terrible job as a reporter.

Proper questions would have been about what happened with Drone Coalition 1 year ago and why he left them and SOLAR to die, just to come back and help SOLAR.

And I’m not sure where you were trying to go with the “star reputation” question. Everybody that knows Elo and has worked with him, will tell you that he is good and that he will let it get to his head.

November 23, 2013 at 4:48 pm Reply
    1. Cloora

Look at Elo’s answers, it isn’t like the guy wouldn’t give much information about anything you wanted to be asked.

I applaud Seraph for trying to provide us with an interview of a EVE celebrity, but this was like when someone interviews some idiot star athlete that can barely string together a sentence.

November 23, 2013 at 6:15 pm Reply
      1. Seraph IX Basarab

Well I can’t ask all the questions everyone wanted to know. I sort of just asked what I thought would be good knowledge of certain things and some items that were interesting to me. As for Elo’s briefness, he’s a guy that’s not for many words, and that’s fine. I enjoyed getting to know him as an individual. I honestly expected obnoxious bravado but left the conversation pleased.

November 23, 2013 at 6:40 pm Reply
        1. na

Elo on comms is awesome, leads and delivers.

November 23, 2013 at 6:59 pm Reply
          1. Muul Udonii

Second that.

But yea you should have been more probing; most fo BL have no idea what we got paid to let the CFC cap fleet go and support them in their CTAs Vs test, so more probing there would have been great.

There was no expansion on the answers about how BL started, which would have been nice. ‘Stole it from the original owners’, ‘accidentally disbanded us’ are all really interesting, but you didn’t seem to notice and just moved on to the next question.

You can ask more questions than you scripted, you don’t have to just ask what you thought up before the interview you know…

Perhaps next time don’t do it during a fleet, so your interviewee has the time to write proper answers.

November 23, 2013 at 9:49 pm
          2. Seraph IX Basarab

There was no point trying to ask the same question twice. I’m trying to get an interview, not annoy him. If he didn’t want to answer what they got paid I’m not going to force him. Secondly, i didn’t script any of the questions. I simply asked what came up at the time. Thirdly, that’s just how Elo types. Short and to the point.

November 24, 2013 at 5:34 am
      2. tyyrathos

“Both teams played hard”

November 23, 2013 at 7:50 pm Reply
      3. Booyeah

It’s called laconic speech. Frankly, I’m more impressed by someone who can convey a point with as few words as possible than somebody who tries to flower as many adjectives as possible into their declaration of how awesome they are.

November 23, 2013 at 8:48 pm Reply
  2. Daniel Grist

Stand up guy tbh, if you speak in ts with Intel etc he’ll ask your name to try and actually get to know his alliance.
    If people are bad he laughs instead of raging.

November 23, 2013 at 4:55 pm Reply
  3. Draugo Rana

The questions in this “interview” are longer than the answers. This guy should train his communication skills a bit, an interview with a low ranking NPC Concord officer would be way more entertaining than this…

November 23, 2013 at 5:23 pm Reply
    1. Cloora

I know I am repeating myself here but this was like when a reporter interviews an idiot star athlete that can barely string together a full sentence. Horrible.

Nothing like the literary masterpieces of Grath Telkin and Elise Randolph.

Pandemic Legion best Legion. šŸ˜‰

November 23, 2013 at 6:17 pm Reply
      1. Booyeah

You mean people who like the sound of their own voices. Doesn’t make them literary masterpieces.

November 23, 2013 at 6:24 pm Reply
        1. Cloora

They make the best BRs out there. I have seen none better.

November 23, 2013 at 10:56 pm Reply
    2. Syclone

“We spoke almost an hour while he was FCing a fleet.” Did you miss this bit?

November 24, 2013 at 12:51 am Reply
    3. Justsomegui

No one ever said he was a wordsmith, they did say he was a good fc. You need to be concise to be a good fc.

November 24, 2013 at 2:24 am Reply
  4. na

Those who fly under BL and various fcs, frankly don’t give a shit about your pov. We fly various doctrines i’m isked to fuck with my alt. Login and rape Nulli. So all is good. Nulli will collapse I hope, they r shit and NC. Will pay the piper p.soon. have w good day Chelsea are winning and Cardiff are playing ManU so will purge a few Nulli after the game on Sunday. “Oh mines a Carling” by the way. Cheers. C’mon bluebirds. .

November 23, 2013 at 6:55 pm Reply
    1. Robo

Same goes for your point of view…

Carry on being shit though, Rus/cfc will keep you warm as long as cfc wishes it to, then the inevitable, the obvious scenario will happen between Rus/BL/cfc after the war…
      How long till the obvious happens, well give it a little time :)
      Let’s just say that cfc leadership will be the only winners at the end of all of this. Solar maybe will stay as cfc pets secure in drones since cfc knows Macteps too risk averse to face them, and like them Macteps also likes to rmt in peace.
      Rest of Rus success will only be short lived, as who is next for cfc to sate their retards on to keep them from boredom.
      BL will well also have short lived space if they have any at all at end of this, BL will carry on being cock suckers for who Evers got the biggest numbers on their side and the most isk.

At that point if N3/NCdot/PL do lose space, which is entirely possible since they getting blobbed to fuck, there will be exciting times ahead for them, what will they do next, how will try plan revenge on those who were to risk averse to fight like men… Many things could happen, could be an exciting time for oops sorry I raped your face while you didn’t have all your buddies.
      PL/NCdot back in merc business maybe šŸ˜›

Maybe show On Benifits Legion how real carnage and tears are supposed to flow, if that’s half as much as they used to, shall be fun šŸ˜›

November 23, 2013 at 7:12 pm Reply
      1. Dirty Rotten Sneaky Bastard

Mittens had better rethink his position… PL/NC. with no sov to keep them tame? CFC just thinks BL was a nightmare in Venal…Wait till they get a load of PL/NC. there.

November 23, 2013 at 8:44 pm Reply
  5. Robo

Elos a chill guy, problem is Vince and him shoot dangers at each other and always will now.
    Elos version is just that a version of what happened, however there’s a lot missed out referencing what they did wrong and what else was at fault for BL/NCdot breaking up. That was to be expected from a convo with Elo since he’s not going to want to make himself or Wicked Princess look bad.

In a nut shell Elos second in command is a retard, BL shoot PL Titan not Vince’s fault they did that, Elo was aware that PL were blue to NCdot.
    Wicked princess is a slut since she created more drama than was necessary in the situation, and became more of a head fuck and burden to all involved with her pathetic emotions, I love you now ohh now I love you. Lol waste of space.
    All in all there was too many unfortunate events that happened at the same time, Elos a chill guy, big ego but chill.
    Think BL came off worse for having WP tbh, was a good decision to kick her from NCdot.

November 23, 2013 at 7:01 pm Reply
    1. Seraph IX Basarab

Why would you say that shooting a PL titan is an issue for NCdot? Sure they are blue but wouldn’t the war in Tribute take precedent over that? And PL are big boys, they can handle their own fights with BL.

November 23, 2013 at 7:04 pm Reply
      1. Robo

Aye NCdot didn’t do anything to BL, it was BLs decision to lose their moons to PL not NCdots.

November 23, 2013 at 7:14 pm Reply
  6. Seraph IX Basarab

=======================================Let me know who else you guys would like interviewed next as a reply to this comment. Also add one question you would like me to ask that person. I’ll do what I can.==================================

November 23, 2013 at 7:08 pm Reply
    1. Robo

Interview Vince :)

November 23, 2013 at 7:13 pm Reply
      1. Seraph IX Basarab

I don’t think he likes me but I would.

November 23, 2013 at 7:24 pm Reply
        1. Robo

Vince is a chill guy in his own right.
          Yes he does rage every now and then, but hell it warrants rage she he does.
          Some people who like to be Molly cuddled, who need a hundred pillows around them to protect them, those people neither survive well in life or in NCdot, they go to cfc.
          But if you want to improve, learn etc then some criticism when your doing some thing wrong is good/needed.

November 23, 2013 at 7:34 pm Reply
    2. Dirty Rotten Sneaky Bastard

Mr.Majestic (a CEO) of S2N and his opinion of N3 morale….

November 23, 2013 at 8:39 pm Reply
  7. Robo

Should have asked Elo if he appreciated all the titans they got from NCdot.
    Or asked why you would take WP when she stole sizeable amount of isk from coffers, or why he let WP drama get in the way of what Dotbros were doing.

November 23, 2013 at 7:20 pm Reply
    1. tyyrathos

“Both teams played hard” :)

November 23, 2013 at 7:55 pm Reply
    2. FA4life

WP is such a fat bitch, Elo has to use a 5 pound bag of flour just to find the wet spot, then slap the fat and ride the wave on it.

November 24, 2013 at 6:56 am Reply
  8. GSection

Nice interview! Would love to see more of these.

November 23, 2013 at 8:34 pm Reply
  9. GFY

“SIXB: How effective was N3 in helping TEST?”

They helped? I seem to remember them bashing 1-SMEB before the Fountain “help” which was only weeks after. Funny how the stories change depending on who you talk to. Its all a bunch of crooked bullshit, with nerds just out to benefit themselves.

I hope CFC conquers all of null, and rapes your buttholes.

November 23, 2013 at 10:46 pm Reply
    1. Seraph IX Basarab

Apparently Elo, who was against N3 thought they were effective.

November 24, 2013 at 5:40 am Reply
  10. IWuzThere

Elo Knight: “Iā€™m not that good, and I hope we win this, as it will shake up eve.”
    How is “crushing NCdot and PL” going to “shake up” the game? You think the game is a big blue donut now, what would happen if they weren’t around? The only capable alliances with the balls to throw up middle fingers to the CFC.
    Who you gonna pew if you defeat N3/PL? You gonna turn on your new CFC masters? Base out of lowsec and Flee-lo Knight it up with your coward-gus?

November 24, 2013 at 2:39 am Reply
    1. Robo

Slightly mad, but the truth spills from his arse never the less.

November 24, 2013 at 5:18 am Reply