Comments

My last alliances were all located in one 0.0 region or multiple regions that are located next to each other. These alliance all made their isk in their own regions that they lived in. this includes the pilots as well. This is fun but it also means that you are stuck in one place and you will have to defend it every time somebody attacks. I decided to join a corporation called Burning Napalm [SM3LL]. This corporation is member of an alliance that was more oriented on operating all over the EVE Universe. many know and fear this alliance for their Nomadic lifestyle, deploying to places where others fight each other to come in fight both. This alliance is called: Northern Coalition.

Nomadz:

The nomadic lifestyle is challenging for members because you will have to be able to support yourself in many ways.What I really like in nomadic alliance such as NCDOT is that you don’t fight the same enemy over and over again. When you notice that it ain’t fun to fight anymore then you search for a new place to fight. This makes EVE a very dynamic game. another great benefit of such lifestyle is that you fly with relatively high SP characters. This often doesn’t mean anything because they can still be very bad at EVE online but some are exceptions. By just sitting in their fleet you will learn / notice a lot of things that I myself at least had never really expected. an example of this for me was fighting outnumbered. this will require the right fleet comb (in my case this was a Proteus fleet). we fought the CFC 4 to 1 and still had a good time. We were using the fleet comp for the first time and I was very impressed by how skill can win from numbers. another thing that I really like is that the pilots in a nomadic alliance are not focused on making money but they focus on PVP. this means that you don’t have to listen to the :carebears:. with this I mean people that use as an excuse of not attending deployments / pvp in general. Admittingly everybody has a stage where he/she has done this but it’s still very annoying for pvpers to listen to. ..

Support Yourself
For new people the biggest challenge will be supporting yourself without having access to constant space to make isk in. it made myself very aware of what my assets were and what they were worth to me. It pushes you to think out of the box to provide income. this is a very healthy thing to do for PVP focused players. I looked at things to do that take relatively low amounts of cash to invest in. Faction Warfare and putting one of my non pvp capable pilots in to a renter alliance. This secured me of income (and fun when looking at Faction Warfare). Both ways of income are very time/isk rewarding so for now its what I will stick with

Alliance Incomes.
This thinking out of the box kinda also determine how good an nomadic alliance will be run. Nomads are originally people who will move camp to a different place and then set up farm. In EVE this works partially the same where alliance that are deployed often go for high end moons just for good fights and a little income. Most income for alliances that are currently seen as nomadic (PL – BL – NCDOT – RnK ETC.) will come from Renters/highend moons and some are even famous for infiltrating WH’s, making cash of the loot they gain. Nomadic alliances most often don’t have to pay for any sov cost unless they have set up camp in a region for a while.

My Opinion

Many alliances have died because their space was getting removed from them and most often you will see the same pilots switch the the Alliance that takes over the same systems. I really think that more alliances and pilots should fly by the idea of having their home removed at any minute of the day.

Many alliances can say that they are able to deploy but really going somewhere else and setting up a new home a different story. if you and your alliance are able to perform such action then you are sure that you and your alliance is what this game needs at the moment. a good deployment or a good pick of new home can be key to your reputation ingame and with our history being full of amazing fights that were had from these type of events I can only look bright to the future waiting for the next one to happen.

-Bobmon

1. Kama Kairade

Re: “Comb”

The right “comp”, short for composition.

September 25, 2013 at 6:06 pm Reply
    1. I LOLD

or “comb” short for combination?

September 25, 2013 at 9:32 pm Reply
  2. Provi Miner

your funny, you spent the whole article talking about being a “nomadz” and you ruin it all by saying essentially ‘for the pvp player to truely be pvp’ish and nomadic” will require “you to create and maintain an alt who does nothing but mine, rat, or some other form of isk farming”. Pretty much ruined the whole thing to be honest. I fight, I mine, I moon goo, I rat, I trade (I suck at this worse then I suck at eve) and I have, shhhhh listen carefully, ONE ACCOUNT. Nor do I fight the same people over and over. One night its -a- the next cfc, the next nc dot, well you get the idea. About the only difference is between us is that you rely on an external source for your income (which requires time and effort there) and I don’t (which means I am always with my main toon, when I am on eve).

I will say this had you left that part out it would have been a better story.

September 25, 2013 at 6:28 pm Reply
    1. Phun

Dude im not sure are you allowed to have just one account in Eve, sounds like you might be breaking Eula or something.

September 26, 2013 at 6:39 am Reply
  3. GSection

Nice article!

September 25, 2013 at 6:28 pm Reply
  4. Kadeshi Grunt

Ok, let me get this straight…

You´re (youself and your corp mates) “leet pvpeeerrr” who does not like to hear carebears whinners ´cause they´re “not right” on the way they decided to play eve. But, as everyone needs to make isk one way or another (unless noobships fight is something fun, and none told ´bout that to me) you use alts to…CAREBEAR !!!!

And, apologies in advance if i´m wrong, i´m terrible on those corp/alliance politics things, but, doesn´t NCDOT a former nullsec alliance, who had it´s share (as any other nullsec alliance have) of carebears pilots not want to take part on fleets, ´till the point you weren´t able to hold your space anymore, and then, those of you still left in alliance, decided that nullsec is for noobs, and nomadic is the (new) true “leet pvpeeeerrr” ?

Good hunt.

Kadeshi Grunt

September 25, 2013 at 6:43 pm Reply
    1. the boy

Actually noobship pvp IS fun

September 25, 2013 at 10:37 pm Reply
    2. YOLO

Cfc scrub more like.

He refers to Ncdot preceding to be Pvp orientated, not focused on Pve, if someone wants to do Pve then that’s upto them in on op times. If they join NCdot it’s for the Pvp and experience.

When you say we could not get enough in fleet. Fact being you can never get enough in fleet when…. Let’s say cfc blob you 4:1 plus regardless. Don’t fight otherwise.
      So your whining is rhetorical shit just another day!

September 26, 2013 at 12:30 am Reply
      1. YOLO

Non op times*

September 26, 2013 at 12:31 am Reply
    3. daniL

I did join NC. in the middle of Tribute war.
      “who had it´s share (as any other nullsec alliance have) of carebears pilots not want to take part on fleets,” What ? Excuse me WHAT???

NC. wasn’t bigger then 2k at that point, facing the full force CFC could bring on.

The only thing that made those 2k fight, was they did not felt attached to, that sov and only used it to generate Fights.

Sound like you are mad bro :)

Tell us where the bad NC. touched you?

September 27, 2013 at 7:07 am Reply
  5. charlie

How can you have renters if you don’t have space?

Sounds like you’re a normal sov holding alliance that deploys to different regions, like all other sov holding alliances.

September 25, 2013 at 6:45 pm Reply
  6. BS

we fight CFC 4 vs 1 and still had good time lol. So much for leet nomads

September 25, 2013 at 7:25 pm Reply
    1. Wut

“Skill can win from numbers” lol jk came out 30% efficient

September 25, 2013 at 9:15 pm Reply
      1. Meh

Think point is fighting CFC however outnumbered is just laugh. Not leet pvp :)

September 25, 2013 at 10:23 pm Reply
      2. La Vida

Cfc as per usual can do nothing unless having the significant number advantage.
        The guy simply refers to a more skilled group of players outnumbered still being able to stand up against the blob.

Farming the blob is fun , but ultimately a lot of noobs to take the place of the last dead digit.

September 26, 2013 at 12:24 am Reply
        1. sigh

Not according to the fountain war.
          Odds were even but this time the CFC won most of the big fights, and all the most important battles, but this time with green KB.
          The fountain war really did hurt test and nc KB states far worse then the CFC not that the CFC gives a shit about losses in a sov war only that the campaign is won in the end.
          Witch it was.

September 26, 2013 at 4:25 pm Reply
  7. BS

Btw. last good nomad style aliance/corp i remember was Gypsy Band. They were awesome people to fly with, they were pro and they had no stupid habbit of saying how leet they are all the time.

September 25, 2013 at 7:28 pm Reply
    1. Good Times
      September 25, 2013 at 9:42 pm Reply
  8. Yahahiuy

“you don’t fight the same enemy over and over again.”

BS, every time it is Solar+blues or CFC for the past 1.5y. There are no other choices then some scrub roaming gang. :)

September 25, 2013 at 7:31 pm Reply
    1. Kadeshi Grunt

BS, if you gonna point out all the errors in this article, you gonna point out it all ! It´s just propaganda, and a bad one (well, worse then the habitual bad propaganda).

BTW, good call: what happened to Gipsy Band ?

Good hunt.

Kadeshi Grunt

September 25, 2013 at 7:35 pm Reply
  9. Monnty

I is in a ship. I fly it a lot. I like flying my ship.

EN 24 2013

September 25, 2013 at 9:13 pm Reply
  10. orly?

At the end of the day NC. does all the crap people hate, too. I really do not hate the NC. guys, though I enjoy watching their ships become little white triangles (I suppose that’s true for anybody….).

NO alliance is long immune to the mundane, the necessary and at times… the evil. PL and BL are somewhat different. 401k tried to be different and were for a while. Still – it’s friends when you must or want to, enemies everywhere whether you want them or not, blob what you can, don’t hose away assets uselessly and if you’re really lucky you’ll get and take the occasional GF.

All that said, in my experience NC. does have a GOOD (hardly perfect) record for standing and fighting when odds were even relatively close to even, and we’ve won a few and lost a few. Still – expecting that many people to always follow a policy is unreasonable. I hate to admit it but I have gone home instead of fight just because it was 4:30 in the AM, I needed to be at work 30 minutes ago and oh yeah… what’s sleep. It does happen.

NC. – see you guys out there.

September 25, 2013 at 9:34 pm Reply
  11. looking for truth

Is that real Bobmon?

September 25, 2013 at 9:38 pm Reply
  12. na

I guess OP just joined NC. As for being nornadic, how di you manage that? Dotlan/eve influence map is all lies.

September 25, 2013 at 10:45 pm Reply
  13. stone

You aren’t truly nomadic. To be nomadic you have travel light and forage where you live.
    You use an alt to live at home(fw/renter). Your main(PvP) is just deployed and is funded buy an alt.
    Lose the alts or move them to where your main is at and then you at nomadic. And living off the land.
    Low sec pvpers are more nomadic than anyone in your whole alliance. Shit Even hi sec wardecers are. They don’t have a rental alliance or moon goo empire to srp their loses.

September 25, 2013 at 10:55 pm Reply
    1. HipHop

u are dumb as fuck, we dont have home faggot in nc. space are just renters in rest we keep movin

September 26, 2013 at 7:04 am Reply
      1. Bored

Your PvP toon may not have a home but your income does, if you were true nomads you would live off the land you moved through not be supported by a renting empire. At best you can claim to be on an ongoing road trip.

Plus if English is your first language you really need to work on it.

September 26, 2013 at 11:23 am Reply
  14. badboris

bobman u not as gud at eve as u want 2 think skrub 1v1 me i will rek u

September 26, 2013 at 1:36 am Reply
  15. Chrytis

bobman u not as gud at eve as u want 2 think skrub 1v1 me i will rek u

September 26, 2013 at 1:38 am Reply
  16. #nomadPLEASE! ahahahah

I remember the times, when i used to want to join NCdot.

then they started to recruit retards like bobmon

September 26, 2013 at 1:49 am Reply
    1. qwe

That retarded attention whore was once in my corp. I’m glad he’s gone.

September 28, 2013 at 10:47 pm Reply
  17. MonBob

wut? wut? Noma Dick?

September 26, 2013 at 4:53 am Reply
  18. what the shit

This reads like a grade 7 book report.

September 26, 2013 at 5:54 am Reply
    1. Drama Dalai Lama

You underestimate 7graders

September 26, 2013 at 10:30 am Reply
  19. Shadowblade1436

people fear NC.? (looks around) where?… ohhh you must be talking in empire…

September 26, 2013 at 6:39 am Reply
    1. Bored

Not only does most of Empire not fear NC. they haven’t even heard of them.

September 26, 2013 at 11:19 am Reply
  20. burn

ncdot was normadic long time ago
    now they are deploying
    and do you know why they deploying? because they fucking blued up half eve around them…

wait … i remember this wordorder …
    last time i used it I was ranting about random cfc alliances
    must be coincidence

September 26, 2013 at 8:45 am Reply
    1. talking about blue donuts ; )

Blueing half eve and yet 4 to 1 when countering CFC…

September 26, 2013 at 9:40 am Reply
      1. burn
        September 26, 2013 at 9:57 am Reply
  21. Jesus Loves You

Ncdot, half blue donut nomadic.

Worst article here since the MSE bomber fit one…

September 26, 2013 at 11:16 am Reply
  22. LOL.

ncdot nomadic? an alliance with over 90 systems and 33 outposts is hardly nomads.

September 26, 2013 at 11:22 am Reply
  23. qwero

having alts in other areas of eve to make isk is “thinking out of the box”???
    thats pretty much standard, most experienced eve players do this.

September 26, 2013 at 11:57 am Reply
  24. frogster

nice article….LOL… funny how this type of article gets released just before CFC wants to whipe you and your PL Friends of the map. And BTW…. stop reffering to CFC Fighting you 4 to 1. You made the decicion to undock half of what they can. Your own stupidity. Must CFC now start apologising for having that many people caring about their alliance? The bitter tears of a Moron

September 26, 2013 at 12:42 pm Reply
    1. val

He did not insult the cfc. He simply started that it is was fun to fight out numbered when you have some other advantage (ship/skill). He then linked to prove he was talking from experience.

September 26, 2013 at 5:12 pm Reply
      1. kimu

very miss leading indeed

September 26, 2013 at 10:56 pm Reply
        1. pweew

meh mildly misleading. he is clearly stating its despite being 4-1 but I personally wouldn’t bitch about fighting a mega fleet 4 times my own fleet size if my fleet looked like that NC fleet. that sounds like an epic fight in the making. solid T3 fleet vs an incompetently led CFC Bs fleet… money in the bank.

September 29, 2013 at 5:05 am Reply
    2. pop

The cfc always fights blobbing cause that’s the only way the can win cause they suck at pvp they are just f1 monkeys.

September 26, 2013 at 6:51 pm Reply
    3. daniL

“Must CFC now start apologizing for having that many people caring about their alliance?”

Will those caring people, undock to fight, if the enemy they face is bigger or better ?

That how much those people CARE, for your alliance / coalition

September 27, 2013 at 6:48 am Reply
  25. some german guy
    September 26, 2013 at 1:32 pm Reply
  26. Elazar Keon

bobman u not as gud at eve as u want 2 think skrub 1v1 me i will rek u

September 26, 2013 at 3:45 pm Reply
  27. Biep

bobman u not as gud at eve as u want 2 think skrub 1v1 me i will rek u

September 26, 2013 at 3:46 pm Reply
  28. Zwaf

bobman u not as gud at eve as u want 2 think skrub 1v1 me i will rek u

September 26, 2013 at 3:54 pm Reply
  29. Hobb3s

Read article. Your lifestyle is not called ‘nomadic’. It is called ‘retreating’.
    I guess losing your bridging titan after you get bridged forces you to be a bit more ‘nomadic’

September 26, 2013 at 6:25 pm Reply
    1. slo

U mad bro

September 26, 2013 at 6:50 pm Reply
      1. Hobb3s

Nah man ;) Personally I’m very happy with the way that alliance does things. Helps us ‘generate content’. Just saying its about as honest as the French putting rear view mirrors on their tanks so they could watch the War (WW2).

September 26, 2013 at 7:30 pm Reply
  30. Reality

Guys who are you kidding with all the anti comments. NC dot is probably almost as skilled as nuli and pl. none of them need space. They are better then us. Being mad isn’t going to change it.

September 26, 2013 at 7:04 pm Reply
    1. Elazar Keon

Nulli has skillz? whaaaa?

September 26, 2013 at 7:58 pm Reply
    2. kimu

nulli should tnx to Canaris for his patients to such a retards witch can technicality fly only one fleet comp ,drone that is :D so long :P

September 26, 2013 at 10:51 pm Reply
      1. RnK

Nulli are some of the finestest players in EvE so don’t be mad bro.

September 27, 2013 at 8:26 am Reply
        1. BS

Nulli have some of the most bragging about how pro they are players in EvE.
          Here fixed that for you

September 27, 2013 at 11:32 am Reply
      2. BL Dude

We fight Nulli often, its true they have more fleets comps than any other alliance and they do beat us more often than any other alliance. So credit where credit is due.

September 27, 2013 at 8:28 am Reply
        1. BS

Ofc they beat you, because apart from cap/sc bloobs BL suck

September 27, 2013 at 8:40 am Reply
    3. DD

Bitch plz. We farming them with friends from DD every day. They have isk to fly expensive comps, but thats it. On even numbers they fail 90% of fights. Nuli is just as bad. PL I dont say coz didint fight them that much. But for someone who stays in hisec or maybe CVA and see only eve24 articles they must be awesome.

September 27, 2013 at 8:44 am Reply
      1. PvP Pro

LOOOL DD has the same PvP skill as Test Alliance. The alliances your are talking about probably think you are small fly. Get a grip.

September 27, 2013 at 9:24 am Reply
        1. LOL

Go back to ganking miners Gevlon, you dont know what you are talking about

September 27, 2013 at 11:19 am Reply
  31. Tseehn

Just a pointless nitpick: nomads don’t move around to farm. They move either to better pasture for their livestock, or better pickings for hunting and gathering. Agriculture got humanity out of the nomadic lifestyle to begin with, so, being a farmer and a nomad are kinda opposite.

Also fits your analogy better; since nomadic corps don’t do any farming, but rather hunt and gather.

September 27, 2013 at 9:12 pm Reply
    1. Actually an Historian

Agriculture is actually believed to have begun in a semi-nomadic fashion, where crops were ‘planted’ and left to grow, before the group returned to harvest. Humans later began to settle and store the seeds etc that allowed us to maintain sedentiary lifestyles.
      In saying that, that doesn’t make them strictly nomadic, but it does create a ‘middle ground’ between a settled and a nomadic lifestyle.

September 28, 2013 at 6:25 am Reply