Comments

It was suggested that I convert all my ISK into PLEX, in the event I do return to EVE someday. That’s not bad advice, since as the market history above shows, PLEX prices have steadily increased over time. Keeping my ISK liquid, it would simply lose value over time, whereas in PLEX (as in gold), it would keep pace with inflation.

The trick, though, is when to buy? The red circles denote the start of September. The green circles denote the start of April.

Converting my ISK into PLEX now seems like a bad idea. We’re well into September and PLEX prices are already at nearly 590M ISK per. Let’s say I did buy now, and then for some reason (though unlikely) I decided to return to EVE Online in April 2014. April tends to be the month when PLEX prices reach their lowest ebb. If that scenario played out, I’d actually lose close to 8B ISK.

It seems like the smarter move right now is to keep the ISK liquid until about April 2014, then convert it to PLEX. Selling at any time after that is almost guaranteed to net me a healthy profit, especially if I were to return around January 2015 (or anytime after that, really.)

I suppose if I want to be a super-investor, I could buy now, sell at the peak in January, make a couple billion ISK profit, then rebuy again in April. I don’t know. Maybe I should do that. I will be logging in occasionally until next July updating skill queues. Watching the PLEX market on the side is not any extra trouble.

- Poetic Stanziel

You can read more of Poetic Stanziel’s opinions at his Poetic Discourse blog.

1. LexArson

I thought this was a Gevlon Goblin article until the end /o

September 20, 2013 at 4:46 pm Reply
    1. nigger jim

we should be so lucky

September 20, 2013 at 6:27 pm Reply
  2. Bored

Haven’t you gone yet!

September 20, 2013 at 4:46 pm Reply
  3. 2.4

Another desperate cry for attention.

Poetic, you’re pathetic!

“I don’t like the ToS changes, so to protest, I’m going to quit. But, not actually quit, still pay for my sub’s, log in to update my skill que. Essentially business as usual!”

And now, you continue to blog about what you want to do with your assets/ISK?

YOU SOUND LIKE A WHINEY LITTLE BITCH!

Protest like a man…cancel your subs, stop logging in, STOP BLOGGING ABOUT QUITTING!

September 20, 2013 at 4:55 pm Reply
    1. Yoloswaggneti

He doesn’t pay for the sub, it’s a media account payed for by CCP.

September 23, 2013 at 5:19 am Reply
  4. hun dude

So much noise for a ragequit…
    Poetic Stanziel must be a sore looser IRL. Just admit it that you are tired of the game and you need some break (happens with all of us) instead of finding ridiculous excuses and making as much attention around your decision as you can. Real rage quitters quits quietly.

September 20, 2013 at 4:55 pm Reply
    1. Gort

Absolutely. Logging in to update your skill queue is called being subscribed.

September 20, 2013 at 5:28 pm Reply
  5. yoyoyo

if u quit donate the isk to some 1 how plays

September 20, 2013 at 5:12 pm Reply
    1. Danny Payne

Or to someone who can type ….

September 20, 2013 at 9:20 pm Reply
  6. Hit the road

Enough of your attention starved drivel. Take the time off from Eve to learn to comb your hair.

September 20, 2013 at 5:39 pm Reply
  7. Poe's Isk-holding Alt

I’m sorry, so there is a change in how GM’s handle game-play, that by your own admission doesn’t affect you — except through some slippery slope logic that it might have an effect some day — and you are unsubbing (at least temporarily) because of it? I guess I can’t message you that I’m one of your alts and I’ll hold all of your money for you til you get back as that would violate the new TOS, eh? ;)

September 20, 2013 at 5:48 pm Reply
    1. DubbaYooArr

tried to hard

September 20, 2013 at 11:52 pm Reply
  8. Billbo

What dafuq you doing back here so soon did the lol community already evict you out?

September 20, 2013 at 5:56 pm Reply
  9. Jita Pilot 666

No fuckes were given

September 20, 2013 at 6:13 pm Reply
  10. Dexter Lofe

He’ll be back

September 20, 2013 at 6:50 pm Reply
  11. Simon pieman

Maybe stop playing and stop blogging then we can stop reading this shit.

September 20, 2013 at 7:14 pm Reply
    1. HisBlog

If he and the rest ever did that we’d have two articles a month here.

September 21, 2013 at 3:11 am Reply
  12. anonymous

Stanziel, every time you think something you post it?

September 20, 2013 at 7:36 pm Reply
    1. anon

he’s like a ten year old girl with a facebook account

September 21, 2013 at 1:11 am Reply
      1. Simon pieman

lolol now this made me chuckle

September 21, 2013 at 9:25 am Reply
  13. useless

These are the people you are posting this for..Do you think it is worth to write these blogpost?
    Read it …… Ask yourself this question again….. goodbye…o

September 20, 2013 at 8:07 pm Reply
  14. Meh

Joining cfc meets the end of any challenge creativity free will, free trail of thought.
    I’d noticed Stanzeil getting more and more retarded as far as views go whilst ring in blobswarm.
    Takes the thinker out of you, takes the individual out of you quite simply put.
    When you come back do your self a favour leave cfc and create some decent content again…

September 20, 2013 at 9:34 pm Reply
    1. reality

u have more free thought in the cfc then u do anywhere else where its considered a crime.

September 20, 2013 at 11:13 pm Reply
  15. Dirk MacGirk

tough crowd these Eve players, but yeah this should become a funny thread.

September 20, 2013 at 9:38 pm Reply
  16. Spacetroll

And I though cunts had a lot of whine……….

September 20, 2013 at 11:04 pm Reply
  17. anon
    September 21, 2013 at 1:10 am Reply
  18. iskbot#1337

now the only thing missing to the road of goblin-style is ganging miners in highsec and brag about it.

September 21, 2013 at 3:28 am Reply
  19. bestshot

can i have your stuff? oh wait you’re not quitting…

September 21, 2013 at 4:40 am Reply
  20. lol

“Pathetic Stanziel” is a more suitable title for you. Now go away …

September 21, 2013 at 7:38 am Reply
  21. yoghi

how about turn it into ships or modules and maybe you can earn more over time.
    how about you gave us more options and some decent research before placing this article.

you touched a very nice topic indeed but messed it up with such a lazy ass article.

September 21, 2013 at 8:38 am Reply
  22. no

no no no. nono. the best way to keep up with inflation is to flip everything that is priced below jita at a sov station, preferrably 5-10 different, preferrably on different sides of teh galaxy. you dont care about future markup, as long as its exorbitant and nooone else selling. with careful and risk averse planning, lowest i got was 17% ROI monthly.

somoene underbid you? simply wait until they sell thei shit, and put up yours again at exorbitant+20% :)

since you have so diversified invesntment in many markets, that arent exactly connected…
    its pretty fucking impossible to notice, let alone fight somehow. yea sure, youll get your shit pushed in many times, and have stocks worth billions sitting for years in some shitty drone/goon region. but on the bright side, you wont care.

and thats why i dont do PLEX. also, i hate you all AND provide market liquidity. TO MYSELF. fofofofo :D

September 21, 2013 at 10:13 am Reply
  23. asdasd

Biomass already!

September 21, 2013 at 12:20 pm Reply
  24. bob

how the fuck is this news?

September 22, 2013 at 2:05 am Reply
  25. Reality Check

I too come and go from EvE. Modules, Ammo and Ships are pretty inflation proof, and are what I use as re-starting cash

September 22, 2013 at 2:16 am Reply
  26. Chribba

Johnny Football drops back to pass and he……..

September 23, 2013 at 9:08 pm Reply
  27. Nobody

I’d consider dumping a lot of it into the under-priced battleships out there right now due to the material cost rebalance. Although it isn’t tied much to moon, ice, rigs, or T3 stuff, minerals are probably the biggest factor in the economy, so you’d retain purchasing power. Even in the unlikely event that the mineral market tanked in the interm (in which case you’d have been better off with liquid isk), you’d retain most of your purchasing power- in fact you’d have a gain since you bought the ships at less that the current material value. For example, whether the mineral market went up or down, you’d be able to buy more dreds than you could with the ISK you invested today (assuming that battleship prices normalize by the time you’re back, which may not be as it could take a very long time indeed- and assuming POS fuel doesn’t go up by like 400% or something like that).

At the end of the day though, I’d highly recommend diversifying your portfolio rather than investing it all in one thing. You never know what will happen. Maybe some PLEX, some under cost battleships- if you want something with greater risk/reward I think there’s still a lot of potential profits in genolution implants (disclosure: I have billions worth of them stockpiled). Of course, if there’s a new batch it will go back down, but if they give us new KINDS of genolutions, the old ones ought to skyrocket. T2 BPOs have historically increased in value phenomenally, however their P/E ratio is so ridiculous that most/all are insanely overvalued and I would stay away from them (I’ve seen some sell where you’d have to run them continually for almost a decade just to earn your money back- although to be fair you always have the BPO itself which you can sell- historically at a profit). Especially since you won’t even be logging in so you won’t even get any use out of them.

September 24, 2013 at 8:51 pm Reply