And other bits of sovereignty trivia that are on my mind.

December 2, 2009

We were chatting about the war and the shifting tides of color on the null sec sovereignty map, and the assertion was put forth that our alliance, TNT, has the longest continuous sovereignty claim in null sec. Specifically, we have held the system K5F-Z2 since December 2009.

My thoughts, after some mild amazement, fell into the usual, “How do we know that is true?” I have trained myself to be a bit of a skeptic, something I am trying to pass along to my daughter.

The first thing I did was look at the sovereignty maps for the December 2009 time frame. That would show me large swaths of space that had changed hands when compared with the current map, thus eliminating those as possibilities. The sov map archive is a treasure.

Sovereignty - December 3, 2009

Sovereignty – December 3, 2009

You can see the mention of K5F in the change list at the top left. TNT doesn’t hold enough sov to actually show up on the map until a few months later, when the purple dot begins to show up.

The map itself is quite different from today, with many names that no longer exist, as well as a fair number that are still around. RAZOR is actually in the same place now as they were back then, though they had a hiatus away before they returned to Tenal in the north. The east has some familiar players, but has changed hands so many times that I doubt there are any challenges to the record there. The Goons are in Delve… because “Goons in Delve” has the solidity of “white on rice” in the context of EVE. We’ll see what happens when TEST evacuates. And the only other possible contender for duration held seems to be Curatores Veritatis Alliance down in Providence.

However, CVA has had its problems over the years, losing and regaining sovereignty. It looks, in manually clicking through systems they currently hold, that their oldest system only goes back to 2010.

So my half-assed attempt to verify the assertions appears to show that TNT’s claim on K5F-Z2 may in fact be the longest one currently running in null sec.

Now is the point when somebody shows up and proves me wrong.

What About Delve?

The word went out a week ago or so that, in the wake of losing Fountain, TEST was going to evacuate Delve and move to low sec space to do… whatever they think they are going to do there. This struck me as a bit odd. Various alliances have their own metrics for what makes them what they are, and I had a sense that TEST was one of those that felt they were only really a player if they held sovereignty in null sec. I guess I was wrong on that.

In the wake of this there have been attempts to write this chapter of EVE in the usual irreverent manner. Endie is also a treasure. Meanwhile TEST continues to break apart and attack itself as people pick apart what went wrong.

I remain surprised at how space famous Gevlon has become in null sec. You cannot fault him on the persistence front. I think he has a home in EVE well beyond anything he had in WoW.

But, so far, nobody has really answered the question about what happens to Delve once TEST leaves. The CFC has said they won’t let Northern Coalition take it, but that is a reactive position. So who is going to be on the map in Delve come the end of the year?

More On Wallpapers

I wish I knew what was going on in the south of null sec. I was happy in that sort of “Good for them, they deserve it” way when the Walltreipers Alliance, the one time shining stars of the fight in Delve last summer because of their Alamo-like stand in T-IPZB, showed up on the sovereignty map again as part of the tussle of alliances that took up holdings after the fall of Against All Authorities’ sov holdings.

Small Holdings

Small Holdings

I have no idea how the ended up there or whether the deserved it at all, really. But it was a name I knew from an alliance that showed fighting spirit in the face of adversity. Only, in looking for system sovereignty dates over at DOTLAN, I noticed that Walltreipers dropped all of their sovereignty. So add that to the list of things I have no clue about. I don’t know how they got there and I couldn’t tell you why they left. But another name dropped off the sov map as C0VEN moved in.

Oddly, C0VEN appears on that map up above from 2009 in about the same place.

- Wilhelm Arcturus

Wilhelm Arcturus, he’s played internet spaceship related games since the early days of MegaWars III, and expects to get the hang of things any day now. He reports on EVE from an individual capsuleer’s point of view at TAGN.

1. anti-cfc

Someone other then GSF sbu the crap out of DEK!!

August 17, 2013 at 8:35 pm Reply
    1. anon

Did the evil goonies touch your mining barge?

August 17, 2013 at 9:01 pm Reply
      1. Pregnant Wombat

or… maybe he just doesn’t like them. But then you couldn’t have your trolling work… right…

August 17, 2013 at 9:09 pm Reply
      2. anti-cfc

Yes they did, and my tears are very sweet…wanna taste?

August 17, 2013 at 10:12 pm Reply
    2. Mikal Millatin

Let’s you and him fight.

August 17, 2013 at 9:20 pm Reply
  2. wtf

TNT trying to be revenant.just go back to belt and shot more roids, and never post again.

August 17, 2013 at 9:19 pm Reply
    1. Pregnant Wombat

Seriously, thumbing yourself up because you used the word “revenant?” I’m not even PL, or an enemy of theirs and it’s getting old. You should never post again.

August 17, 2013 at 9:22 pm Reply
  3. JG

Slow news day i see.

August 17, 2013 at 9:55 pm Reply
  4. Sir Spam-a-lot

Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick Gevlon Sucks Dick

August 17, 2013 at 10:05 pm Reply
    1. Spaming is for Nubes

Riv – Spam should get deleted and this adds nothing and is just spam.

August 18, 2013 at 6:28 am Reply
      1. ---

and yet 45 upvotes….

August 18, 2013 at 11:41 am Reply
        1. Sir Spam-a-lot

83 at the moment. I speak the truth, GEVLON SUCKS DICK!
          I shall spread the word to get this half-wit banished from writing anything.

August 19, 2013 at 4:55 am Reply
      2. Sir Spam-a-lot

You are just mad at my pro writing skills.

To my followers. I love you all!

August 19, 2013 at 4:46 am Reply
    2. Johan du Preez

Nice creative range of words there, you’r mom must be proud.

August 18, 2013 at 12:42 pm Reply
    3. DS

I found some parts to be a tad repetitive, but it had a good story arc and well thought out character development.

August 19, 2013 at 3:11 am Reply
  5. Hi

TnT has been sucking cock for so long that they haven’t been steamrolled by a larger alliance.

Cool story.

August 17, 2013 at 11:27 pm Reply
    1. Random Dude

But they are space bros just look at all the sov that their cocksucking got them in Fountain….oh wait they got shit for the efforts in the war.

August 20, 2013 at 6:16 am Reply
  6. Cold as ice

who cares

August 17, 2013 at 11:57 pm Reply
  7. Urziel99

I remember taking part of esoteria from Coven in that campaign when L3F was in the HBC. I’m not surprised they found their way back there.

August 18, 2013 at 3:21 am Reply
  8. 1234

c0ven lost Esoteria because they dont want suck CFC dick

August 18, 2013 at 7:39 am Reply
    1. ex coven

Coven lost esoteria because they were doing just that.

August 18, 2013 at 10:07 am Reply
      1. banana

cze widget

umyj sie

August 18, 2013 at 1:33 pm Reply
    2. lol

HBC take coven sov idiot.

August 18, 2013 at 10:08 am Reply
      1. banana

and whats the difference between CFC and HBC? there is none, same pack of shit

August 18, 2013 at 1:33 pm Reply
        1. Arrendis

The CFC still exists, for one.

August 18, 2013 at 8:46 pm Reply
          1. Ur Septim

So it means CFC is a bigger shit than HBC, hard to flush that’s why it still exist. I apologize, I can’t help it.

August 18, 2013 at 8:54 pm
          2. reco

Bitter AAA detected.

August 19, 2013 at 9:29 am
          3. Wall street

Too big to flush

August 19, 2013 at 12:20 pm
    3. Dimitri

They preffer the DD russians dicks.

August 20, 2013 at 6:09 am Reply
  9. True story

ATLAS BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE! Until Bobby accidentlied his own alliance.

August 18, 2013 at 3:01 pm Reply
    1. by far my best time in eve was in Atlas. What a great group of dedicated people.

August 19, 2013 at 1:07 am Reply
  10. gevlon

EN24 needs moar this

August 18, 2013 at 5:42 pm Reply
  11. BS

August 18, 2013 at 8:56 pm Reply
    1. The Dick Grevlon Sucks

LMFAO, SOOOO true. If the quality of grevlon’s posts was actual fecal matter the whole world would have drowned in crap a long time ago.

August 18, 2013 at 11:20 pm Reply
  12. Pawns are still Pawns

One glaring issue with the SOV map. It doesn’t show the True Owner of a system or region. Take for instance the late HBC, or the current CFC. How many of the alliances on the SOV map held that space BECAUSE of who they were allied with or what alliance they were in. Owning SOV losses its meaning when you only own it because your kissing someone else’s ass. If you hold a system because Goons or PL gave it too you and allow you to stay there, then you don’t really own it, they do. They just allow you to exist there, pay the rent and have a name in the upper left corner of the screen. True ownership comes from the ability to stand, on your own, and dictate who does and does not live where, not from who pays the SOV bill.

August 18, 2013 at 11:26 pm Reply
    1. DS

I think the map you are describing would take a small bit more programming, by a psychic, a psychic politician, a psychic politician that can separate bullshit from reality and the nuanced areas in between. …..Good luck coding that.

August 19, 2013 at 3:14 am Reply
  13. there are certain rules of the world you should always follow. One being never get in a land war in Asia. Another being never try and take Stain, Esoteria and Paragon Soul from the Russians. You will never hold it.

August 19, 2013 at 1:06 am Reply
  14. Someotherdude

“I remain surprised at how space famous Gevlon has become in null sec.
    You cannot fault him on the persistence front. I think he has a home in
    EVE well beyond anything he had in WoW.”

August 19, 2013 at 3:54 pm Reply
    1. Luwc

I like you

August 20, 2013 at 12:17 pm Reply
  15. Andrew

I’d like to point out that though Goons have been in Delve a long time, I still remember when they resided in the southeast, fight BOB and the likes. I don’t remember why they moved to Delve from the south unfortunately.

August 19, 2013 at 5:08 pm Reply
    1. CBJL

They moved from the south to Delve to lay further insult to BoB. Think of it as a victory dance.

August 19, 2013 at 7:42 pm Reply
  16. Soldarius

I can confirm that C0ven has held sov in the south east since 2009. However, not in the same systems or even regions. Currently, they hold only parts of Paragon Soul and Esoteria, and all of that was only recently taken.

August 19, 2013 at 7:46 pm Reply
    1. Lawful-Insanity

im sorry but who the fuck is coven?

August 19, 2013 at 9:29 pm Reply
      1. thrak

was probably before your time…

August 20, 2013 at 1:23 am Reply
  17. Luwc

WOW SO INTERESTING – PLEASE POST MORE !!!

August 20, 2013 at 12:18 pm Reply