Comments

retribution_ui

A picture is worth a thousand words or so the saying goes. I figured that in this instance, that would be true. So, I logged into the test server Singularity, SiSi for short, and made a quick video of some of the enhancements currently in testing.

This video shows you what the new display menus for system and route currently look like. It also discusses the route painted on the star box a la connect the dots and what that entails for the future.

Oh, and I recently picket up this annoying Chinese water torture like sound in my audio and can’t get it out. If anyone can tell me what the hell that electronic dit-dit-dit-dit-dah noise is (and it’s not Morse Code, I know Morse,) and how to get rid of it I’d be very grateful. The crackling is unfortunately an artifact of my cheap headset when the microphone is put into loop-back so I can capture the audio. Sorry about that. I’ll be upgrading soon.

– Mabrick

Send us Intel/Corrections via dropbox or shoot us an e-mail

1. HBC Pubby

I would suggest upgrading to a complete new audio set because that dit-dit-dit-dit-dah noise is caused by your horrible feedback or whatever you did to capture the audio.

January 30, 2013 at 3:31 pm Reply
  2. Shadow Cartel Scrub

Somebody cut my head off with a plastic spoon, fuck what a shitty ass video

January 30, 2013 at 3:49 pm Reply
    1. bahaha

kinda like your alliance

January 30, 2013 at 5:22 pm Reply
      1. Anona-mouse

Apply cold water to burned area

January 30, 2013 at 9:46 pm Reply
      2. anon

holy shit you got the joke

January 30, 2013 at 11:17 pm Reply
  3. iskbot#1337

throw your pc out of the window right now before it is to late … and run for cover

January 30, 2013 at 3:55 pm Reply
  4. 123456789

It sounds as if your video is recorded in slowmotion or something, or do you just talk a bit slower than most? In that case, no offense meant.

January 30, 2013 at 4:53 pm Reply
  5. fake

its a encrypted alien message comming from jita saying GTFO lol

January 30, 2013 at 5:01 pm Reply
    1. G33ks

TF Hats ffs!! Put them on – they are coming….

January 30, 2013 at 8:47 pm Reply
  6. kevin___

The visible route through space is the best feature since wormholes. I love it.

Oh and that sound is Mittens' balls hitting Shadoo's chin.

January 30, 2013 at 5:11 pm Reply
    1. anon

LOL

January 30, 2013 at 6:04 pm Reply
    2. Shadoo

Yes my hairy – sweaty chin… sooooo good.

January 30, 2013 at 7:24 pm Reply
  7. Mercfromabove

that noise is the sound of 3G / 4G my good friend, turn off your mobile, or move it away from your speakers. problem, is, solved

January 30, 2013 at 5:14 pm Reply
  8. HBC newbie

*buzz*** I'm ****buzz** your **buzz** *buzz** father ****buzz****

January 30, 2013 at 5:17 pm Reply
  9. Shitty Video
    January 30, 2013 at 7:25 pm Reply
  10. Repeater

About that sound noise…. I had something similar. A short peep in the background every 5 sec or so. The problem was the pc tower. The front panel has two USB plugs on each side and the audio IN and OUT in the middle. When I used my headset and at the same time had something plug in into one of the USB plugs, it generated that annoying piep ever 5 sec… since then those USB plugs are pretty useless… they will be replace or act as temp USB stick port.

I m not saying this is exactly your problem, I m just giving you a direction to look for what could cause the problem… aye?

Cheers

January 30, 2013 at 7:30 pm Reply
  11. FA grunt

Carebears need to shoot themselves if they introduce the click on a star option to go someone you better be able to select a mode that allows you to do that…… I can see pvpers passively aligning and instead clicking destos to various locations

January 30, 2013 at 7:39 pm Reply
  12. Anonymous

Audio sounds like you have an unused input active, and at high gain (volume). Check your sound settings, and mixer settings (you may have to un-hide additional controls).

January 30, 2013 at 9:43 pm Reply
  13. RobFromMarketing

This is why noob carebears dont need to make new feats videos or at least they dont deserve to be promoted!!! YOU DONT NEED TO KNOW WICH SYSTEM YOU ARE IN???? For an idiot carebear that's ok 'couse you'll get ganked as easily in every system of eve online……

January 30, 2013 at 10:29 pm Reply
    1. Smiling Joe

Is yelling carebear as you run around the house the new eve equivelant to 'noob' on COD? I love hearing people shout it, they immediately loose all credibility before they ever had it.

January 31, 2013 at 1:17 pm Reply
  14. Smokey

They should make this the new trailer for eve. Subscriptions will increase 10 fold!!

I WAS THERE!

January 30, 2013 at 11:48 pm Reply
  15. desperate for new content :evenews24:

January 31, 2013 at 6:58 am Reply
    1. Smiling Joe

Go be useless elsewhere

January 31, 2013 at 1:15 pm Reply
  16. Hahaha

dat chinese water torture like sound…

January 31, 2013 at 12:16 pm Reply
  17. #tweetfleet Here is what I discovered yesterday about the audio issue. It's the weirdest damn thing…

"EDIT 1/30/13: The sound is gone tonight. The only difference in the electronics in the house? We moved the First Response base station we use for our 93 year old Aunt (push a button on a pendant, it calls for help – think "I've fallen and I can't get up!") back to it's original location in her bedroom. Last week we moved it into the kitchen so we could paint the room this week. We set it up next to the coffee pot, but I think more importantly, the telephone base station which was subsequently plugged into it in relay. Two transceivers connected to the phone line transmitting on similar frequencies? Yeah, I believe that's were the interference came from. I am so happy it's gone now. Good thing I ordered the Sennheiser PC350 headset at lunch! 8D"

January 31, 2013 at 11:11 pm Reply