Comments

No seriously, it is hard not to point and chuckle at Against All Authorities misfortunes. Apparently over +20 accounts felt the full wrath of the ban hammer after being tainted with RMT transactions, this seemed to cause a bit chaos in -A-‘s fleet since most of these accounts were apparently used for fleet logistics roles:

Ali update, cta update!!
From: Lee ChanKa
Sent: 2012-10-31 18:34:00
To: Against ALL Authorities

I didnt call cta because of next reason:

About 20 of our logistic accs are banned beause of AKA Rmt thanks to our friends in HBC or CCP, doesent rly mether so ships on them are locked, if you alredy poded yourself in YZ-L stay there, gank some shit around,open lev 4 missions and ships will be seeded during day and tomorrow during day on alliance contracts.
ABOUT JCs and armoryes ( ppl asking i will try to help ) you should be in YZ-L atm ready to fight, YOUR JC SHOULD BE IN LGK OR CLOSE AREA, i have more updates but cant share them because of our hostiles, so folow alliance mails.DONT MOVE ANYTHIGN FROM ANYWHERE , ALL IS PLANED AND IT WILL BE ORGANIZED AND SOLVED WITH MINIMAL LOSES AND WITH GOOD ORGANIZATION.

so tomorow:

1/11/2012 19:00 ET
where: YZ-LQL Solar System
format: NAZGULS
cu there lee

Eve-Skunk email [THORN]

For some reason I feel these 20 accounts are only the tip of the iceberg in an even larger anti-RMT hit within -A-.

– R

Send us Intel/Corrections via dropbox or shoot us an e-mail

83 Comments

  1. bob

    hahaha shame on you!

    November 1, 2012 at 5:38 pm Reply
  2. n00b

    cfc pet ask personal gm ban assets -a- 😮

    November 1, 2012 at 5:42 pm Reply
    1. herp_de_derp

      Coherent sentences aren't that hard.

      November 1, 2012 at 6:02 pm Reply
      1. Azule

        sometimes it might be difficult. there are a lot of players in eve that do not have what we call english as their first or second language. so sometimes you might consider being a little less critical. besides have you looked at your text messages lately, they might be as bad or worse. (capitalization optional message)

        November 1, 2012 at 6:31 pm Reply
  3. VooDoo

    We have been done in by a top notch, crack, investigative, copy and paste journalist. A Pulitzer Prize winning dork who managed to pass this off as news. GR8 job.

    November 1, 2012 at 6:14 pm Reply
    1. Smiling Joe

      I smell wehburgers with french cries!

      November 1, 2012 at 9:12 pm Reply
  4. Sounds Fisshy

    LoL i would really like to see the reasoning from CCP on this. With the new "we will blame alliances for member RMT" it would be interesting to see why this happened.

    Did someone RMT or did someone share resources that were bought (knowingly or un-knowingly) with RMT.

    November 1, 2012 at 6:17 pm Reply
    1. MasterDebater

      Alliance owned RMT accounts funding reimbursements i my guess. Botting isk is dirty isk, and ccp will ban everyone who handles them

      November 1, 2012 at 7:56 pm Reply
      1. MasterDebater

        Not RMT, botting ofc.

        herp de derp

        November 1, 2012 at 7:56 pm Reply
  5. manhunt

    wow imaging -A- fielding 20 logis

    November 1, 2012 at 6:51 pm Reply
    1. niko

      he meant those account were holding the ships to be given for ops, not that those 20 accounts were actually doing all the repping… [I guess]

      November 1, 2012 at 7:20 pm Reply
      1. Scar

        Pretty sure in this case it was move logi, as in Freighter/Jump Freighter toons who were moving alliance assets and thus alliance fleet ships got locked onto those accounts.

        November 1, 2012 at 7:31 pm Reply
    2. U know who

      Wow…. Spelling and context….you're an idiot.

      November 1, 2012 at 7:36 pm Reply
  6. Rasputin

    The Serbian Lee Chanka runs bots since years and he does it very open. He used to bot in Venal and space of the old NC. Circle of two, webra, tropa elite, all connected to him. AAA took over many botters from RA and XIX. The truth is, after some RMT Overlords retired and grow weak, Solar and AAA took their chance and split everything. That is the reason, what this war Solar/AAA vs DRF was really about. Solar took more. Biggest RMTers and Botters in game. It was amusing to see, how bot farms switched from XIX and RA to Solar and AAA, how AAA and Solar diplos were in competition to each other, who can acquire more botters. Also amazing, how often Eastern Europeans can be identified behind botting and RMT, violation of the EULA.

    I hope Lee Chanka and other stupid Mafia kids get banned out of this game forever. It took CCP long enough, that these guys are not just some little boys, who made one slight misjudgement, would turn around and play all fair and nice one day.

    AAA and every big Russian Sov holding alliance will suffer from banned accounts, if CCP Screegs investigates them and swings the ban hammer.

    November 1, 2012 at 6:57 pm Reply
    1. MasterDebater

      Pretty sure there are just as many, or even more american dudes who are running bots. Deklein was the region with most botters I think.
      Racism is awesome :)

      November 1, 2012 at 7:53 pm Reply
      1. Soap McTaggish

        lol love the usual cries of 'wahhhh wacismmmmm' whenever a light is shone on the deeply ingrained culture of botting with the eastern block players.

        November 1, 2012 at 8:16 pm Reply
        1. Grunt101

          These days everything is racist to some people both in games and in RL. When presenting actual facts makes you a racist it eventually becomes pretty difficult to discuss anything at all.
          More of a general personal observation than actually related to this. :)

          November 1, 2012 at 9:59 pm Reply
          1. observer

            you mean the actual fact that deklein was identified as the number one botting region? hmm, i remember reading something on this site about deklein coalition or something… wonder who those guys are.

            November 2, 2012 at 8:45 am
        2. War Observer

          Indeed, how else would Deklein be top boting region in 0.0 space, we all know Goons are predominately eastern European. Just go look at something afoul, hardly anyone speaks English there, in fact you can't find western European or north American there to save your life. Damn Russians and Serbs mobsters from Goonswarm and ruining Eve!!11!

          November 1, 2012 at 11:00 pm Reply
      2. whatever

        > Pretty sure there are just as many, or even more american dudes who are running bots.

        that could only be explained by the lack of econ education in American schools…

        the operating cost (electricity matters when you run a farm), the real income/cost of living (remember RMT nets you mostly $ or €) and opportunity cost all favor botting in Russia over botting in the US.

        November 1, 2012 at 8:36 pm Reply
        1. Smiling Joe

          And on what grounds do you have evidence that the post was from an American?

          November 1, 2012 at 9:10 pm Reply
      3. Blap

        It is true that alot of Americans use botting, but they dont RMT the profits, they use bots because we cant put 8 hours a day into ratting.

        CCP has said they view botters and RMTs in different light, stop confusing the subject (that is not saying that CCP wont ban normal botters, they are just swinging the ban hammer at the RMT market right now)

        November 1, 2012 at 8:56 pm Reply
      4. death to hipsters

        What kind of douchy super liberal hipster dick licker are you? Racism is when you descriminate against a race ie "all blacks are lazy" it has nothing to do with pointing out that eastern eurotrash are botters. Take your self loathing Obama voting white guilt shit somewhere else.

        November 1, 2012 at 9:57 pm Reply
    2. Soap McTaggish

      Don't forget previously one of the most prolific RMTers was another serb, head of the coalition preceeding CFC in the north, and a member of the CSM (in order to influence ccp's decisions to favour his illegal activities).

      November 1, 2012 at 9:37 pm Reply
    3. Seraph IX Basarab

      Confirming only dirty mongoloid eastern europeans bot. Never americanos.

      November 1, 2012 at 11:04 pm Reply
  7. I find it rather humorous to hear the butthurt about this and pointing the finger at HBC as it being something they did or reported. Judging by their constant petitioning of everything that could even marginally be construed as "inappropriate" posted in local by HCB to get pilots banned, the irony isn't lost here. They got busted doing something illegal, and are now looking to shift the blame to absolve themselves of their own wrongdoing. Pretty much the status quo, only this time they're blaming their failure on the HBC and CCP rather than their allies.

    Whether this was actually as a result of something done by the HBC or not I have no clue. Maybe it was, but it would require the HBC to have some pretty detailed knowledge of what account to ban.Maybe it was just random investigation that found these accounts had been involved in EULA-violating activities. They've been cracking down on RMT and botting pretty hardcore in the last months. Perhaps CCP got clued in when -A- members stormed out of the room at Eve Vegas when the announcement that masters would be held responsible for their pets' botting / RMT activities. Either way, when / if -A- failscades, they now have the perfect scapegoat to blame it on.

    Whatever the reason, I'm glad that RMT accounts are being banned. I'm very anti-bot and RMT, have been very vocal about it, and I'd be equally pleased to see that happening to anyone doing it regardless of their corp or alliance ticker.

    November 1, 2012 at 7:05 pm Reply
    1. IRC groen

      Tl:Dr BLaaaaaaap

      Buthurt HBC, angry -A- still survives and Test is getting slapped by PL

      November 1, 2012 at 7:43 pm Reply
      1. I hardly consider laughing at this to be a sign of anger, but whatever floats your boat, man.

        And "alive" is relative. Right now, -A- is the equivalent of being connected to a respirator and dialysis machine full time. If you call that "alive", the yeah, sure.

        November 1, 2012 at 7:47 pm Reply
    2. Blap

      CCP never said it was the responsibility of the alliance's owning space to police their members/renters for RMTing activities. What they did say is that, for alliances whose leaders are DIRECTLY involved/promote RMTing activities with in their space, will be held accountable for their actions.

      YOU where caught RMTing, your accounts where banned, its not CCP/HBC/Rest of eve that you where stupid enough to associate RMTing with your logistical network accounts, the blame is all on you. CCP said they where going to crack down, they did. Deal with it, its life, you got caught with your hand in they cookie jar and the chef cut it off.

      November 1, 2012 at 8:52 pm Reply
  8. SgtSimons

    was -A- doing something illegal? yes. should the be banned for it? yes. should cap start banning other accounts in other alliances? yes. one because they should but also so people don't point fingers saying it was politically motived.

    November 1, 2012 at 7:21 pm Reply
    1. Sounds Fisshy

      Did they do something illegal ? Or did someone do something illegal and didnt they get implicated intentionally?

      November 1, 2012 at 7:42 pm Reply
      1. observer

        or do all three of us have no fucking idea what actually happened and now we're all speculating like we know the truth?

        November 2, 2012 at 8:47 am Reply
  9. Carlos

    well deserved.

    November 1, 2012 at 7:22 pm Reply
  10. UdrankKoolaid

    PL got hit with bans for RMTing as well. Every major alliance does it. Now that HBC hit 10,000 members, I am sure at least 1k of them will be banned for RMTing in the coming future.

    Shit happens, we will get over it.

    November 1, 2012 at 7:28 pm Reply
    1. 15Trillion

      15 Trillion ISK I heard

      (Hint: you got trolled)

      November 1, 2012 at 8:52 pm Reply
      1. UdrankKoolaid

        lol. yeah that sucks

        November 2, 2012 at 4:31 am Reply
  11. Atlas Peon

    FREE SHMAK DATASH!

    November 1, 2012 at 9:31 pm Reply
  12. Carlos

    The title should be, God forgives -A-, CCP doesnt.

    November 1, 2012 at 10:41 pm Reply
  13. Montolio

    hmm so your saying we can get people banned by reporting them for rmt. makalu lets see if your theory is correct

    November 2, 2012 at 2:20 am Reply
  14. Random Miner

    how does CCp prove a player RMT'ed anyway? I can see how they prove botting (which is basically the precurser to rmt), but how do they actually prove one player gave another player isk for cash outside the game, unless they pull the old "it's actually a cop that you're paying to kill your husband" type sting operation? that's always baffled me.

    November 2, 2012 at 6:52 am Reply
  15. I'm laughing my ass hard here. bahahahaha So you were about to hit Fountain structs and the entire operation failed because of… you? As if this wasnt enough, you then go ahead and blame your in-game enemies for your own stupidity. You, -A-, are a joke. But please, continue.

    God bless HBC.

    November 2, 2012 at 6:58 am Reply
  16. Mercfromabove

    I think every alliance has botters, i stand by my view, the older the alliance is (complimented with holding SOV for a long time) the more likely you are to find botters.

    Very rarely will you find newly gained space full of bots. So i think it is likely this is true, although the amount of people banned, accompanied with the fact they were all doing the same job for -A- seems a little suspicious.

    November 2, 2012 at 11:11 am Reply
    1. suspect bystander

      From what i know, the logistics acounts all draw from the renter funds, are all the renter isk dirty no, is some of it dirty yes.

      But runing RMT from 20 primary logistics acounts is stupid

      November 2, 2012 at 11:26 am Reply
  17. BntyHunter

    Ok, so where is the -A- FC guy now? The one who trys to tell us they are all pvpers and AAA fights the odds and NCDOT has way more drama than them etc?

    You may call NCDOT, RetardDramaDot, but we dont RMT.

    Dont get me wrong we all knew AAA RMT/Botted heavily and "Rented" space to there alt Bot corps, but its one thing to know it and another to know and prove and watch them get banned.

    Just funny, I always get a "I am better than you vibe from AAA" no matter how broke, homeless or Anti-Undocky they are, I think its because when I was around in 06-07 they really were the Elite of the South, yes BOB ruled the world, but -A- always was the smaller tough neighbor, that no one wanted to mess with. Bros those days are way way over.

    "About 20 of our logistic accs are banned beause of AKA Rmt thanks to our friends in HBC or CCP, doesent rly mether"

    I mean seriously are you mad at HBC that they beat you up and made you RMT to keep your Ally going? Somehow forcing you to RMT to much ISK to fast? Or CCP because they caught you? Did you pay them off and now they double dealt you a ban also :) ? Seriously how can you blame them for RMT`ing lol
    Am I alone in feeling like AAA thinks there shit doesnt stink no matter how bad off they are?

    November 2, 2012 at 11:06 pm Reply
  18. Sold

    I took a little stroll through Esoteria before -A- and associates fell. Saw so many botters it wasn't even funny.

    November 3, 2012 at 11:11 pm Reply
  19. INSIDE CCP

    Its a bogos sham, -A- not really a RMT.

    November 4, 2012 at 1:55 am Reply
  20. A-’s fleet since most of these accounts were apparently used for fleet logistics roles:

    November 20, 2012 at 9:46 am Reply
  21. whatever

    "The way it was put by CCP was if there is someone in your space giving you rental you have to police them. "

    CCP never said that, read Sreeg's clarification on his Vegas presentation on nosygamer.

    November 1, 2012 at 8:37 pm Reply
  22. Smiling Joe

    Deal with it. Renting was never meant to be a game mechanic. What we call renting is more or less Mob Protection. You force people to pay sov AND you just to save your own funds on the sov bill. If your neighbor pays the mortgage on their home guess what, they don't pay rent to you to. Here's an idea, if you don't like it, stop trying to hoarde more space than you can pay for by forcing others to pay for it.

    November 1, 2012 at 9:02 pm Reply
  23. Bittervet

    Shorter -A- FC

    "Leave the protection money botters pay us alone ! Once a RMTer gives us money its not dirty bot money, its clean -A- money because it's in our Alliance wallet"

    Frankly, if you'd change your policy from "I know allot of pilots in-A- will kill proven ones" to "I know allot of pilots in-A- will kill proven ones and then our diplos reset their corp, just like we did to A, B and C", Id be a lot more sympathetic.

    Of course, then you'd lose many to most of your renters.

    November 1, 2012 at 10:20 pm Reply
  24. BobFromMarketing

    Gotta undock in somewhere other than Orvolle to kill TEST man.

    November 1, 2012 at 11:23 pm Reply
  25. Rasputin

    yadayada.

    Your Diplos recruit botters and RMTers. You can fool nobody like XIX could not with their renters.Or Solar and their renters. The whole renting system was only created to launcer dirty ISKis. I saw many botters, who were in XIX renting space from Solar and AAA later. First we shot them, but only as long as they did not buy "rent" a blue standing. We all knew before and after, that they are botters. It is also an open secret, the prices, which are paid for top systems are so high – only botters can usually afford them, because bots do not get tired.

    Or try to be in AAA and make friends in AAA while oyu say you hate botters and want to kill them. You will earn mistrust and guys like Makalu tried to find a reason to scream at you. Try to negotiate and say, you want to bot and pay well. Then they will treat you very well.

    November 1, 2012 at 11:49 pm Reply
  26. old timer

    and what about -A- itself having 20+ logistics toon involved in rmt ?

    the russian old guard is still here in -A- … you know, those who admited having RMTed half of -A-' s capfleet .

    and also , is horus stil in -A- ?

    go die in fire , triple A. there no one will talk back to you.

    November 2, 2012 at 12:23 am Reply
  27. @-A- FC

    Are you really stupid enough to believe that getting banned for RMT by CCP is the fault of your in game enemies rather than the person who got banned?

    Take off your fucking tin foil hat and see what has happened here. Someone got caught for either buying a titan for cash or RMTing the ISK for it. Trying to somehow absolve that person by blaming someone else completely unrelated is delusional.

    As an "-A- FC" you should be calling out the people who got banned and any idiots who somehow try to defend this.

    November 1, 2012 at 8:47 pm Reply
  28. NullSecHoBo

    You, sir, are an idiot, and make the rest of decent -A- look like idiots too.

    If you think nefarious petitions are in play, feel free to play that meta-game too. I'm sure you've considered it, and who knows, tried it too.

    November 1, 2012 at 10:31 pm Reply
  29. old timer

    meta game is legit . RMT is not . period.

    say hello to horus for me.

    November 2, 2012 at 12:25 am Reply
  30. Karbox Delacroix

    What is "AKA Rmt" ?

    November 2, 2012 at 4:08 am Reply
  31. Random CFC Grunt

    So you assume that PL and HBC have enough power to influence the actual bans in game? Butthurt much, sir? There are of course exceptions but russian alliances in EVE (and AAA is still a russian alliance deep in it's core, even though most of you speak English) have been a synonym for RMT (just think of WN… eh?). It's not like all of the members do it. 99% are completely oblivious to the whole process and it is those who will defend you the most. The ones actually doing it will remain silent.
    I personally did some bot-reporting raids in insmother, cache, esoteria etc. a while back and let's just say that banning someone ain't easy. If you report someone – CCP doesn't come and throw in an insta-ban. They definitely look at the person, check their logs, transactions etc. I therefore don't and won't believe that there was any pressure from HBC to CCP (or that – even if such a pressure existed – would it have any effect) had anything to do with the bans. I do believe however and I'm not even slightly surprised, that there were concrete proof of RMT for these accounts.
    Besides, If you believe It's a new metagame-warfare tactic, what's stopping you from returning the favor?…

    November 2, 2012 at 8:30 am Reply
  32. Radakos

    This sounds like NC 2.0, meta gaming, RMTing…. all that shit… same ol same ol… -A- is shit and everyone knows it.

    November 4, 2012 at 11:01 pm Reply
  33. And that's the point. In real life it's called "proceeds of crime". If you're doing business with someone who's performing illegal activity, they get busted, then they can prove that you're profiting from that person's illegal activity, they can and will come seize your shit.

    In this case, if some AAA C corps are injecting billions of isk / month of "illegal isk" into the game and paying that in rent to -A-, then -A- is guilty – even if they're not directly complicit – of receiving illegal isk. Therefore that isk or any assets acquired with it, once proven, will be seized by CCP. So you need to protect yourself by ensuring that YOUR renters and pets aren't running bot armies in YOUR space with YOU profiting from it. Just like in real life you'd want to protect yourself and not profit from someone else's illegal activities.

    I use -A- as an example here, but it applies equally to any alliance in game. I'd be just as happy to see "friendly" bots and RMTers being nailed for this. I'm equal opportunity when it comes to this and there are no factional lines. The reason I'm laughing at -A- here is due to the irony of the situation I explained in my first post.

    November 1, 2012 at 8:52 pm Reply
  34. Makalu_Zarya

    the person who got banned certainly doesn't RMT. Hence this situation is rather stupid.

    but considering the recent situation in the alliance and some of the things we've been doing the banning of this particular individual screams metagaming. In any case we are dealing with the situation.

    November 1, 2012 at 8:53 pm Reply
  35. Hey, this explanation actually suits -A- fine. That way if they failscade, they can blame HBC for "dirty tricks" and getting their people and assets banned the same way they shift the blame to their allies every time they flub one of their objectives. It's par for the course.

    November 1, 2012 at 9:59 pm Reply
  36. Violent Tempest

    -A- is Russian heavy and they are probably used to socialism. In socialist societies it is the common practice to blame everything on your enemy, even your own problems and mistakes. Sort of like President Obama keeps doing. 😛

    November 2, 2012 at 1:52 am Reply
  37. NullSecHoBo

    I understand your sense of shock from CCP talking back to -A-.

    November 1, 2012 at 10:31 pm Reply
  38. BobFromMarketing

    TIL Makalu thinks CCP randomly bans accounts that get petitioned regardless of any actual wrongdoing.

    November 1, 2012 at 11:20 pm Reply
  39. U know who

    KNOWINGLY profits from illegal activity. Big difference there F. Lee. Otherwise every low income apartment landlord would be doing time when a tenant sells drugs from their unit. Jesus, stick with kugu.

    -A-'s issue was that CCP seemed to be insinuating that alliances would have to police renters or face potential consequences. Since that's CCPs job and they in fact own the ban hammer I understand their concern.

    November 1, 2012 at 11:41 pm Reply
  40. DarthNefarius

    My Nefarius petitions are always true :) Goon petitions like about Convo bombs are the height of hypocracy though 😡

    November 2, 2012 at 12:59 am Reply
  41. badpostfollows

    I think you mean *when* they failscade.

    November 2, 2012 at 2:18 am Reply
  42. NullSecHoBo

    I could be wrong, but I don't think Goons were involved in that petitioning incident with the carriers.

    November 2, 2012 at 2:26 am Reply
  43. Just trying to be nice and give them at least a sliver of credit.

    November 2, 2012 at 4:21 am Reply
  44. Random CFC Grunt

    I think you underestimate AAA's ability to crawl into a hole and regenerate like a fucking lizard. They'll be back. I heard an interesting comparison on one of the fleets recently – "AAA is like a cesspool" – collecting exiled, disgraced, butthurt corporations from other alliances, hating everyone. Just when you think you'll actually be able to rid Eve of them, some other corp comes along and invigorates AAA who then… take back Catch for a year or two…

    November 2, 2012 at 8:51 am Reply
  45. postin toaster

    RZR petitioned it, however, there really is no difference between CFC and Goons. They are one and the same. filled to the brim with pubbies.

    November 2, 2012 at 6:51 am Reply
  46. observer

    guess what fag, a lot of the systems we rent out are -A- sov owned

    November 2, 2012 at 8:41 am Reply
  47. Random CFC Grunt

    I dare you to check this claim of yours. I say you're wrong.

    November 2, 2012 at 1:06 pm Reply
  48. old timer

    i say you lie

    November 2, 2012 at 2:42 pm Reply
  49. I've spent much time back in the day doing anti-botting activities and reporting and got several banned (some perma, some temp) as a result. I can quite guarantee you that at the very least it takes a couple of weeks before action is taken on accounts reported to CCP. They actually investigate before action. They don't ban you instantly and then unban you if they investigate and find you innocent. Even CCP don't operate on the "guilty until proven innocent" model.

    If you truly believe that's how the system works, drinking the -A- Kool Aid has truly fried your brain.

    November 2, 2012 at 3:28 pm Reply
  50. -A- said it, therefore it must be true. Just like prisons are filled to capacity with innocent inmates.

    November 2, 2012 at 3:45 pm Reply
  51. Random CFC Grunt

    One more comment regarding CCP's methods, once they investigate into a potential botting/RMT claim, while the account in question is active, gives them the chance to observe interactions with other accounts and therefore find more potential RMTers/botters. This is precisely why when a ban arrives it's usually aimed at more than one account.

    November 2, 2012 at 3:59 pm Reply
  52. War Observer

    That's bullshit. When CCP detects RMT they ban all that had suspicions transaction with individual involved in RMT, and closely examine bans only after baned individual files a petition. This is especially dangerous for people doing corp/alliance logistics and reimbursements as they regularly have large number of direct, contract or ISK transfers with large number of individuals. Because of that those individuals are likely to get flanged as suspected of RMT even when not actually involved in it. This happened earlier this year to some high ranking CFC directs responsible for reimbursements, and they had to petition CCP to get their accounts back, IIRC Mitani even mentioned that in one of his states of the Goonion.

    Something similar could be the case here too. One or handful of individuals in -A- could have been involved in RMT, and as those same individual(s) had exchanges with alliance logistic as a part of normal alliance operations they auto flang those logistic people as being involved with RMT character. Instant banhammer follows to be re-examined only after petition.

    November 3, 2012 at 1:34 am Reply
  53. Bingo.

    November 2, 2012 at 5:33 pm Reply
  54. War Observer

    Krutoj, X CSM, now PL was also false flagged and baned or a time as RMT, same with Roc Wieler, who was candidate for CSM. There are a lot of false positives in CCP methods of RMT detection, and they often ban first and then wait for petition to do more careful examination.

    November 3, 2012 at 1:48 am Reply
  55. pidgeon

    ^this. BTW, Horus is alive and well in Tribal Band. Check Blood and Sand Corp for details.

    November 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm Reply
  56. pl is worse

    Posted 30 March 2012 – 11:48 PM
    RMT'ing (Real Money Trading), the bane of MMO's, has been a big money spinner for certain people in EVE online. However todays banning of an account revealed just how massive a scale the problem is. The head of a alliance called Pandemic Legion (PL) today had his account banned due to RMT'ing. When the result of the banning became clear it was amazing just how much in game money that character had. 15 trillion isk.
    It turns out that 15 trillion isk is about 500,000 dollars. This isk belonged to the alliance as a whole but him, and only him, had access to it. This could then be possibly transferred to other accounts he was running and then sold on (most likely). This is by far and away the largest banning in eve history. It has crippled his alliance (which has made many people pleased. me included).
    Several other people also got banned with amounts varying about 200 billion isk downwards.

    November 11, 2012 at 5:33 am Reply

Leave a Reply to BobFromMarketing Click here to cancel reply.