Comments

While trying to handle Eve News24’s technical glitches yesterday, I came upon this post from CCP Games via their Facebook page:

Naturally I rushed to gaze over the kill mail and actually stare at the latest “social homicide” in Eve Online:

The smug in my face was erased when I checked the battleclinic kill mail to verify the blue prints. A few years ago I learned the hard way that battleclinic is actually useful in differentiating Blueprint copies from Blueprint originals (don’t ask me how) – I often use it as a second reference, in this case their version of the kill was a sort of buzz kill:

It is worth mentioning that BC’s km was manually posted. Still, which ever version is a quite fortuite kill anyone would dream to bag. Lately nothing really surprises me anymore in EVE Online regarding player’s stupidity, my face went from a “Holy Shit!” to a simple “Meh, another one bites the dust”, move along… move along…

Eve-Kill mail
Battle Clinic Killmail

1. NENNY

some ppl are saying this is a staged kill, trying 2 cover hiz tracks, any info on this?

October 23, 2012 at 9:47 am Reply
  2. anon

I heard guy was hacked, hacker took all the bpo's, made a run for it, died, guy will get it back.

October 23, 2012 at 10:13 am Reply
    1. anon

I am just saying what I heard, not whether I believe it or not.

But Russians do like to hack and steal accounts so…

October 24, 2012 at 4:40 am Reply
  3. Tali - Tribal Band

Not staged, dood just got lucky. Total haul according to Tribe forums puts the estimate at around 50b so seems BC is closest.

October 23, 2012 at 11:14 am Reply
  4. DemFalconDot

I also heard that mining titan was hacked and just sit in belt and wait for someone to come and gank him. But that guy will get it back.

See what i did here?

October 23, 2012 at 11:16 am Reply
  5. YourMom

bulls***, Solar fleet sucks, you suck, this guy sucks

October 23, 2012 at 12:42 pm Reply
  6. Asator

No stabbs, no mwd, no ab, no cloack. This is not isk laundering?? are you really saying this guy is the most retarded player in the hystory of EVE? Not a botter, rtm'er? Really? Is it really a coincidence almost every couple days this particullar alliance has km's like theses? really? Is my faith in humanity fading away? Jesus christ. This is the same way you launder money in real life.

October 23, 2012 at 12:49 pm Reply
  7. Horst Horstensens

all of us should write the guy a ingame mail and ask him if he´s really that dump or whatever happened^^

October 23, 2012 at 2:36 pm Reply
    1. Aonus

Says the guy who can't spell "dumb"

October 24, 2012 at 12:34 am Reply
  8. he is a moron

Some alliances mates of mine have known this guy for a long time and they say he is notorious for doing stuff like this. Being a moron and hauling expensive shit. Nice nab though, didnt need those bpcs anywayz..

October 23, 2012 at 3:11 pm Reply
  9. dikreathz

Lucky ??? no lucky would be if the guy had a T1 cloak and randomly the guy passed within 2km, that would be lucky this was just very NOOB like and smells of stupid…

October 23, 2012 at 3:23 pm Reply
  10. VirtualSex

Yeah this kill smells…. I am pretty sure he has the isk for a covert ship or a jum freighter.

Something is wrong here.

Some people said that he got his stuff back from GM, because he has 20 accounts….

October 23, 2012 at 4:18 pm Reply
  11. Lumpy_Gristle

I flew with this guy when he was in The Last Chancers, he never was the sharpest tool in the box I was on comms when he had a disco Typhoon land on him and his 11 mining alts and wipe them all out hulks, pods and all. I can believe him doing something this beyond dumb.

October 23, 2012 at 6:30 pm Reply
  12. Lumpy_Gristle

October 23, 2012 at 6:30 pm Reply
  13. ...

Why? Do you really have such a low opinion of yourself that you need to try to make someone else feel worse than I'm sure they already do?

October 23, 2012 at 8:00 pm Reply
  14. Zhalxis

Isn't that Goons job in this game?

October 23, 2012 at 10:15 pm Reply
  15. Loot Fairy

they are all not BPOs. because it says 3 hulk BPOs dropped on eve-kill

October 23, 2012 at 11:43 pm Reply
  16. Sold

Its generally not too hard for CCP to tell if someone got hacked. Different IP address, changed pw and change email requests usually accompany successful hacks. tl;dr: use a strong pw numb-nuts

October 24, 2012 at 12:21 am Reply
    1. 0.o Grunt

i think its about time for an RSA token system (either smart phone token, physical token like WOW has, or Text message system) to protect our accounts from hacking. As EVE gets more mainstream with Dust coming out there will be more attacks and fake mail phishing like we have seen increase over the past year.

October 25, 2012 at 5:28 pm Reply
  17. Aonus

no, its not a staged kill, just alot of "stupid" involved.

October 24, 2012 at 12:36 am Reply
  18. Aonus

I heard your mom was hacked, jumped in an atron full of BPOs and died.

October 24, 2012 at 12:37 am Reply
  19. Aonus

yes, in IRL people get into cars and put a bunch of expensive stuff in there and dont add a steering wheel, car seats, brakes and an engine. Rolled down a hillside and crash it into a tree and say "they were trying to launder money".

October 24, 2012 at 1:33 am Reply
    1. infoprovider

nice post tbh

October 24, 2012 at 5:54 am Reply
    2. Asator

Yes, im real life people buy expensive paintings. They insure it and keep it for a while. Then they stage a robbery and claim the insurance. Then they make a small fireplace with the so called painting or sell it for black market trading.

October 24, 2012 at 3:44 pm Reply
    3. Asator

Yes, im real life some people earn blood money. Then they invest that blood money on a front business. For a few years(or months depending on the size and value of the investement) they claim they are having nice profits and pay theyr taxes. the so called 213 billion after "cleaned" transforms, in lets say 121 billion.

October 24, 2012 at 3:44 pm Reply
  20. Gunnar Williams

Yea, stewies mining fleet. Used to be in my old alliance. One time he took his macro-mining fleet into one of our wormholes and went afk and narwals ate my duck raped his entire fleet and he lost like 18 bill in like five seconds….what a noob.

October 24, 2012 at 5:29 am Reply
  21. Ex MMGhost

makasoni, gj on getting this kill… your still the biggest spergelord faggot in all of eve and thats why your in that corp that has no purpose or worth at all.

October 25, 2012 at 7:27 am Reply
  22. Someother guy

And we all know stupid people normally don't play eve. lmao

October 26, 2012 at 3:53 pm Reply
  23. I flew with stewie when he was in The Last Chancers, he never was the sharpest tool in the box. I was on comms when he had a disco Typhoon land on him and his 11 mining alts and wipe them all out hulks, pods and all. I can believe him doing something this beyond dumb.

November 17, 2012 at 7:22 am Reply