Comments

And for once, Xander and Jeg manage to post an episode roughly on schedule and this time they even have actual fleets they have flown in to report on!

Show Notes:

Crossing Zebras Episode 10

This will come up in some detail as well as a bit of chatter on some of the latest news and rumours from the universe of New Eden. It’s pretty likely to include at least some of the following:

Download Crossing Zebras Episode 10.mp3

(0:31)
Introductions
Logistics Frigates – CCP has announced that the Winter expansion will see the roles of some of four of the current T1 frigates into a logistics capacity. What impact may this have on the game at large?

(26:29)
The Mitanni-dot-com – Goons have decided they want to offer a news platform to the EVE Online populace. They do some things really right and some things really wrong…

What We Have Been Doing In Game – This time they have an actual fleet they actually flew in to report about!

(1:07:41)
Clear Skies – It’s about time they mentioned the seminal EVE Online machinama so why not do that now?
Shoutouts

Keep on RTing us on twitter (@midi2304 and @jameshmills), telling your corpies and friends about us and posting reviews on iTunes! We hugely appreciate you spreading the word. You can subscribe to the podcast and post reviews here:

1. Never Trust A Goon

THEY MANAGED TO LOG IN AND PLAY EVE THIS MONTH. OMFG OUTSTANDING WORK FUCKOS!!!!!!!!!

August 28, 2012 at 12:20 am Reply
    1. I know right? We've been playing quite a lot in the last week. It makes me happy knowing that this is of such importance to you either way though.

August 28, 2012 at 8:13 am Reply
      1. Never Trust A Goon

well i just love this thing, makes me all warm and fuzzy listerning in every month

August 28, 2012 at 9:39 am Reply
  2. dumbass

i dunt see why the slower sounding one doesn't see where logi frigs fit in. apparently they haven't been flying in ships lately to know about the new shield modules or have heard of assault ships (nice buffer tanks if needed) … on their other hand their accents are super HAWT

August 28, 2012 at 12:54 am Reply
    1. That's Jeg. And your pretty much right. We are both null-sec pilots and we don't fly frig fleets rarely at best. Our experience with frigates in high-sec is fairly limited. I did fly with RvB for a couple of months six months or so ago and I given the speed and ferociousness of engagements, I could see where Jeg is coming from.

We are fully aware of the new shield mods (we discussed them at length in ep 5 or 6) and fly assault ships all the time but they tend to be used for a) tackle b) scouting or c) small-scale roaming in null. None of which I can see tagging along a T1 logi with.

But yes – our accents are amazing.

August 28, 2012 at 8:17 am Reply
      1. That should say 'and we fly frig fleets rarely at best'. I am a fanny.

August 28, 2012 at 8:18 am Reply
  3. dotbro

I enjoy your show because I ♥ boybands.

August 28, 2012 at 7:06 am Reply
    1. Me too – this is why I added them in. I think I am going to make it a weekly thing from here on in. If nothing else, it winds Jeg up.

August 28, 2012 at 8:18 am Reply
  4. John Douche

This shit is as boring as listening to a BBC radio broadcast of the 60ies.

August 28, 2012 at 9:14 am Reply
    1. Your name pretty much nails it, huh?

August 28, 2012 at 9:37 am Reply
      1. CCP is best

Yea, he never has anything of import to add.

With that said, I love listening to BBC radio broadcasts of the 60s.

August 29, 2012 at 7:55 pm Reply
  5. o7 gents.

I totally appreciate the shout out from you guys. Still flying with Lucian James and THORN Syndicate / THORN Alliance and down in the south flying with Honey Badgers. Wish we could all be on the same side of this, but we dislike the -A- camp too much to be affiliated with them in any way that doesn't involve shooting at them. So yes, we have been shooting at each other lately.

But know that regardless of what side of this crazy conflict we're on, you guys in Zebra will always be my space-bros. And just so you know, most of the old-school THORNies that flew with you guys in the NC and Brick feel the same way about you crazy fuckers too.

So thanks for the kind words.

August 29, 2012 at 12:33 am Reply