RAW: Amarr Victor at last – Ushra’Khan dies

Death of U’K
From: Tempest Zeta
Sent: 2012.06.19 00:42
To: Ushra’Khan,

Brothers and Sisters of Ushra’Khan

The day has finally come. U’K had a great run, but there is no longer enough energy, drive, or desire from the current membership to justify keeping the alliance open.

This has been a long time coming, but while we have fought the good fight in an attempt to keep the tradition alive, it hasn’t been enough.

I would like to thank all the leaders, both present and past for all their efforts. I will be closing the alliance on July 1, 2012. This will make CVA the oldest and longest running alliance in the game. I guess that means Amarr Victory in the end.

Please make plans to move your corps prior to that date. I will be kicking any remaining corps and closing the alliance at 00:00 on the 1st.

Regards,

Long live the Empress?

– R

[spoiler show=”Did we mess up?”]
We want to give you guys the best possible intel, to post as fast as we can confirm it, but Eve being :Eve: is quite confusing. If we messed up with our intel, please contact us directly [email protected], provide the proof of it and we’ll correct it immediately noting the change and bringing the correction on top of the article list.[/spoiler]

If you would like to send intel or contribute, feel free to use the form below:

[spoiler show=”Submit Intel Here”]

[/spoiler]

82 Comments

  1. Worgenstern

    For the Empire!
    – Oh couldn't help myself :)

    June 20, 2012 at 4:50 pm Reply
    1. woowooo
      June 21, 2012 at 3:27 pm Reply
  2. Vic20

    Sad day for EVE. Great victory for amarr. UK will be missed but never forgotten.

    As one chapter ends another begins, good luck and fly safe

    June 20, 2012 at 4:55 pm Reply
    1. Ex Provi Fight Club

      U'K has been forgotten, and hasn't been missed for years.

      June 21, 2012 at 7:34 am Reply
  3. ex-uk

    UK died when the knocked cva out of provi, after that it wasnt UK anymore

    still a sad day

    June 20, 2012 at 5:16 pm Reply
    1. wot ever

      they didn't knocked anyone, -A- did, and since they were pets they took some space out of it. Last few months they tried to harras provi but the best they could do was stag in kheram and be killed all the way into R3..pathetic

      vye UKA

      June 20, 2012 at 11:03 pm Reply
      1. History Professor

        Pretty sure that ex-UK was referring to the original time they got knocked outta Provi.

        June 21, 2012 at 1:57 am Reply
    2. zoolkhan

      uk died multiple times in that sense… and got partially repaired… there is no single point to nail it to.
      although, i was there.. and know what you mean.

      after CVA got booted out, there was a huge emptyness. like in the nato
      when the warzaw pact dissolved… (i was a serviceman at exact that time) all of a sudden
      we didnt know anymore where to point out guns at… shooting "random reds" is what killed teh fun for me. CVA was a valid target… random reds are… irrelevant to someone, whom doesnt care about sovereignity so much.

      July 6, 2012 at 10:50 am Reply
  4. hirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    its honestly a classy move in alot of ways, most people would be pricks keep the alliance open indefinantly ect ect ect.

    Sad though, i remember when UK was strogn and them and CVA clashed in catch and provi with regularity. Sad Sad Day for eve RP

    June 20, 2012 at 5:18 pm Reply
  5. Space troll

    Good luck guys o7, fly safe

    June 20, 2012 at 5:30 pm Reply
  6. No one important

    They need their Amarr masters to give them guidance and strength…

    In all seriousness, totally agree this is a classy move. In general I found U'K members to be some of the nicest EVE players around (if that can be believed). They popped my Drake hauling everything I owned from the Sack of Scalding Pass a couple years ago, and then realizing what a newbie I was (I had like 12M SP), they trucked all of my loot to a station in high-sec and contracted it to me.

    June 20, 2012 at 5:43 pm Reply
  7. Dyntheos

    its pretty sad, i've always liked u'k
    good luck to the current and past members

    June 20, 2012 at 5:46 pm Reply
  8. ilikeponies

    that was a really long rebel resistance………………….finally the Death Star can now go on crushing every solar system in the known galaxy!!

    fuck, wrong context

    June 20, 2012 at 5:50 pm Reply
  9. Evanga

    Tempest Boner, thanks for killing UK.

    June 20, 2012 at 5:54 pm Reply
  10. Dariok

    People might want to check alliance info, and not believing a repeatedly wrong news site.

    June 20, 2012 at 5:57 pm Reply
  11. CareBearStares

    Cool Points for Class Ushra'Khan.
    Good luck to all members, and massive respect.

    June 20, 2012 at 6:08 pm Reply
  12. Beppe

    Farewell U'K, it was a good run.

    June 20, 2012 at 6:15 pm Reply
  13. Monkeyboy

    Tempest was removed as exec as this was a unilateral decision, U'K lives on apparently…

    June 20, 2012 at 6:21 pm Reply
  14. Youaskedforit

    FOR THE EMPIRE! Amarr Victor!

    June 20, 2012 at 6:24 pm Reply
  15. russiansobr

    I still remember the first time sov warfare was conducted between UK and CVA.

    UK started it.

    TAKE THAT NERDS; YOU DEAD NOW; SHOULDNT HAVE USED THEM 4 DREADS AND ESTABLISHMENTS NYX FOOLS

    June 20, 2012 at 6:26 pm Reply
    1. Actually CVA started the sov warring by hitting QR-K85, the station was called Karishal's Defiance at the time. Before then the most that had happened was a few POS shoots from either side.

      U'K and the Establishment didn't work together until the defence of 9UY Unity Station following the loss of QR-.

      But thats all ancient history, and Ushra'Khan will not be disbanding for the foreseeable future. One alliance mail does not tell the whole story.

      June 20, 2012 at 6:46 pm Reply
      1. uk troll

        well thats not true but ofc your going to complain irregardless

        June 20, 2012 at 7:46 pm Reply
        1. Care to put my history straight then anonymous poster? And I wasn't 'complaining' about anything, I was clarifying what happened back then as it was brought up.

          Unless you mean that U'K not disbanding is wrong, in which case you're not in possession of the current info.

          June 20, 2012 at 8:47 pm Reply
        2. Nazi

          irregardless is not a word, dumbass

          June 21, 2012 at 6:40 am Reply
          1. Al'kea

            Are you sure about that? I believe "irregardless" should be given more respect. It is sad that so many people feel like the rules of language should be constrained to the rules of math. For them, double negatives must always be unjustified or be equivalent to a positive formulation. However, in Shakespeare's day, nothing could be further from the truth. Double negatives were easily seen as doubly emphatic, not illogical redundancy. And truth be told, that is still understood today. As one author puts it, "I cannot disagree with you," is good English, and is a double negative. Remove the double negative and it becomes, "I agree with you," which changes the meaning of the sentence, as the double negative is more tentative. Similarly, "I am not unhappy," does not mean, "I am happy," and, "I don't dislike him," does not mean, "I like him." Subtlety is everything to those who are willing to hear it, irregardless of those who cannot hear the rhythm in the word, and cannot appreciate its musical irreverence.

            June 22, 2012 at 3:06 am
  16. TexasFire

    A genuine "Fly Safe" goes out to all U'K

    June 20, 2012 at 6:27 pm Reply
  17. Feanos

    Only one problem. U'K survived this, by transferring exec. We will not die /nearly/ this easily.

    June 20, 2012 at 6:33 pm Reply
    1. Shiny!

      shame

      June 20, 2012 at 8:17 pm Reply
    2. Noob

      Stay strong guys. Hope to see you in Provi soon

      June 21, 2012 at 3:29 am Reply
  18. Nightshade Mary

    Would be sad, if it were true.

    In the mean time Tempest has been removed as executor.

    Ushra'Khan will not be closed just yet.

    June 20, 2012 at 6:36 pm Reply
  19. Jade Constantine

    Having just had a chat with the new Emyrs Ap'Morgravaine (in game) I can happily report that the rumours of the Ushra'khan's demise are a little bit pre-emptive. It turns out the intel leak from last night is accurate – but immediately afterwards Tempest Zeta was removed from power by the remaining Ushra'khan corps and they have decided to keep the alliance together and will be making an announcement on their future intentions some time today.

    June 20, 2012 at 6:43 pm Reply
  20. Jade Constantine

    (last comment should have been "New executor" Emrys Ap'Morgravaine.)

    June 20, 2012 at 6:45 pm Reply
  21. Grr

    Glad to see this isn't really happening as I was hoping one day to clash again with the lads in Ushra'Khan. They are simply one of the few enemies I have a great deal of respect for.

    Not that I'm picky or anything but it should be known that Ushra'Khan isn't the oldest running alliance, its the oldest "concord sanctioned" alliance as the CVA alliance existed for a long time before the alliance mechanics existed.

    June 20, 2012 at 7:10 pm Reply
    1. Technically so did Ushra'Khan, alot of the founding members traced their lineage back to Oracle and various whatnots. As alliances didn't exist, its kinda hard to make that claim either way.

      CVA however is an excellent runner-up for the title and get to look forward to trying to take the crown for a bit longer. :)

      June 20, 2012 at 10:19 pm Reply
    2. zoolkhan

      …and FoM was before alliances could be sanctioned. UK was created by us, who ran "Friends of matar" and oracle-corp an others.

      So, please… CVA is not older because of that. You had always a matching foe in form of unsanctioned coalitions of freedom fighters .-)

      tnx for the nice words , grr -one day i pod you again

      July 6, 2012 at 10:54 am Reply
  22. MaD CheF

    Well, sad news indeed – I hope it is a troll.

    Best wishes from a long time CVA member. o7

    Cheers,
    MC

    June 20, 2012 at 7:11 pm Reply
  23. buggrit

    If it is true, it is a defeat for the whole game. Ushra'khan and CVA have helped shape the story of EVE for a long time, and it is a pity they''ve been doing it the whole time in a game mechanisms whose mechanisms do not reward their type of play.

    Hope this news is wrong.

    June 20, 2012 at 7:33 pm Reply
  24. amarr victor
    June 20, 2012 at 7:44 pm Reply
    1. lawl

      tinfoil

      June 21, 2012 at 6:22 am Reply
  25. DarthNefarius

    Funny that as the lo sec Faction Warfare Winmatar alliances are claiming victory after victory & have achieved Tier V the NULL sec minnies are dead…
    —————————–
    So on July 1st are all the directors going to end it all by downing a lethal concoction of spiced wine, Vitoc & Improved Frentix with a few Blue Pill chasers?

    June 20, 2012 at 7:50 pm Reply
    1. _Bob

      Thats because the Amarr are persecuting a very successful form of market warfare and have well and truly crashed the Minnie LP store

      June 21, 2012 at 8:03 am Reply
      1. ninetenths

        There is still a LOT of room for LP items to crash in value. FW LP could be competitive 500isk per LP and it is 1500-2000 right now (depending on item).

        June 21, 2012 at 8:15 am Reply
      2. DarthNefarius

        lol that's like saying Saddam won the Iraqi war by bankrupting the USA

        June 21, 2012 at 8:55 am Reply
        1. _Bob

          Difference is Amarr are still holding all their staging systems and are increasing their number of combat pilots, whereas the mini's are losing combat pilots and gaining market alts 😀

          June 21, 2012 at 10:07 am Reply
    2. Lumpy_Gristle

      Didn't you ragequit and unsub? Have the decency to dry up and blow away.

      June 21, 2012 at 9:25 am Reply
  26. A Dude

    What's the point, U'K hasn't been noteworthy since they stopped being AAA pets.

    June 20, 2012 at 7:52 pm Reply
    1. I was about to negrep you, but then realised you're quite right. They haven't been the same since they got infected with a serious dose of Carebearitis in Catch and it's about time they had another push into Provi to take 9UY at least once more.

      If Jade Constantine's comment above is accurate then come on Ushra'Khan, prove me wrong. Prove you're still a RP group that can actually PVP with the best of them. Get rid of the fat, recruit some corps from FW and get to it.

      June 20, 2012 at 8:01 pm Reply
      1. -A- FC

        There is no reason they cannot return as a curse based alliance, HTFU and then have a nice fight with CVA.

        They would however either need to joint ops with -a- or have an 'arrangement' like CVA do (they live in provi we let them live in provi and we farm them, whilst keeping the parasites off when needed).

        Or they could have an arrangement with CVA .. kinda like RVB.. (LOL)

        Would be fun to see CVA and U'K continue a forever war in provi.. the first and only real faction warfare in my mind, but maybe those days are gone…

        June 20, 2012 at 8:14 pm Reply
        1. high sec dude

          still having a butt hurt makalolololo?

          June 20, 2012 at 9:02 pm Reply
          1. A Dude

            Sounds more like PK than Maka TBH

            June 20, 2012 at 10:51 pm
        2. NC. scrub

          I would love to see that happen. Snub the nose at CCP's fairly crap FW system and have provi as a nullsec rvb of amarr vs minnie. I'd put an alt in for sho ^_^

          June 20, 2012 at 9:29 pm Reply
        3. Urziel99

          Other than RP honor and pride, Providence doesn't offer much as incentive to war. Of course, this could be a good thing, as it will let CVA and U'K have their forever war in peace.

          June 21, 2012 at 3:25 am Reply
        4. zoolkhan

          dudes, you forget that the strenght of uk based on roleplay.
          the leadership circle has been tightknit brothers in arms
          bound to their FOEs olf the old (PIE, old CVA) by mutual respect …
          …a foreign concept to any of the established "relevant" alliances.
          By abandoning the roleplay aspects completely, which is/was necessary i order to work
          with non-roleplay alliances. Now this path, and this path alone has lead to teh sad situation unity is in at the moment. Trying to become relevant, has caused them the loss of long term loyal pilots which could no longer identifiy with the playstyle of the big boys. The only rescue for unity, is to remember and return to their roots – this cannot be accomplished by rushing into another 0.0 sov fight with no significant allies. Becoming pets? that is no option. And the corporation with -A- in the past was made possible by -A- playing along the roleplay tune (some of you might remember, others regret their lobotomy at this point).

          The way from here is enjoy the relaxed FW thing, and give the amarr a bloody nose in the process, no matter how small the alliance shrinks before it bounces back… and i am sure, more chapters add to the story in a little while…

          July 6, 2012 at 10:46 am Reply
    2. Stainless

      What's the point, U'K hasn't been noteworthy since they became AAA pets.

      Fixed

      June 20, 2012 at 10:56 pm Reply
  27. Silva

    Would have been a sad day. Good to hear u are keeping it going.

    June 20, 2012 at 8:01 pm Reply
  28. Shiny!

    UK have had their chance, their old decrepit and pathetic, good riddance

    June 20, 2012 at 8:16 pm Reply
    1. zoolkhan

      i agree, we had our chance. i hope there is a nother.

      about beeing pathetic, nothing beats anonymous trolling and stuff other bigger alliances do every day.

      whom doesnt care about UK, should not be in this thread – if you are, you seem to care

      July 6, 2012 at 10:56 am Reply
  29. Is Nothing Sacred?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CpKgbvjaQ4

    is all I have to say…

    Farewell UK

    June 20, 2012 at 8:44 pm Reply
  30. yoo

    who the fuck it Ushra’Khan what they have done in the last 3 4 years??

    June 20, 2012 at 9:00 pm Reply
  31. itsjustme

    Like someone said longtime ago, corps gome and go, rmt is forever….

    June 20, 2012 at 10:16 pm Reply
  32. Julius Ceaser

    Amarr Victor

    The scum and filth of UK have been deafted once and for all. Good riddance to trash.
    Now we just need a solution to the Brutor problem. Hard to get a days work out of them, unless you keep your heel placed firmly onto there necks.

    June 20, 2012 at 10:21 pm Reply
    1. Word Nazi

      Dear Troll,
      Please use spell check and grammar check. Resist the blind rage urge to post as fast as possible and review your posts before clicking 'submit'.

      June 20, 2012 at 11:50 pm Reply
      1. Cunty

        hEy Cunt! Why dont u goe fuck yoursef. This gai wasnt a trol, he was an Amarr RP'er, putting his 2 cents in.. His inpoot wus moore pertinent then youres.

        I chEked this ova thoroughly and meticulously, to ensure it wus up two youre hi standerds.

        You fucking wanker…. Word Nazi? Cock jockey more like it, get a fucking life fuckhead, or even better, научиться лучше язык, чем английский !

        LOLOLO

        June 21, 2012 at 12:47 am Reply
        1. lawl

          Tinfoil.

          June 21, 2012 at 6:20 am Reply
    2. zoolkhan

      ..in character trolling is ok. but:

      a) uk isnt dead yet
      b) other alliance are where uk once was.
      amarr is as far away from victory as it gets.

      July 6, 2012 at 10:34 am Reply
  33. Lykouleon

    I would have gone into a blind rage if Tempest "I-never-stop-jewing-in-WLAR" Borne had actually shut down U'K.

    June 20, 2012 at 10:56 pm Reply
  34. Garreck

    Fair skies, Ushra'Khan.

    June 21, 2012 at 1:16 am Reply
  35. JACK McCrackerFat

    EVE is slowly dying off if the amount of people that are actually logging on are any sort of indication. It is sad UK are closing but this is a situation that is being repeated all over the EVE cluster as people logout for the last time.

    It's hard to keep playing a game that has had no real advancements for those that play outside of Highsec for a long time. Yes there have been a couple of things but truthfully they aren't going to do the trick for keeping people playing the game.

    CCP do something for us 0.0 players that isn't Just cosmetic, make the game appealing again for us instead of just worrying about the Highsec farmers

    June 21, 2012 at 1:20 am Reply
    1. Glenn

      For EVE to grow and be healthy, both High Sec and Null Sec need to be well maintained, they where designed to be co-dependent.

      Last few months have been the worst ever for high sec, ice cartel, hulkageden for a whole month (instead of 2 weeks), then forever war on miners, OTEC cartel, datacore nerfed so hard its only worth the time to flying around to collect them once every six month.

      You say there has been no real advancements outside Highsec, i say your lucky, be concerned when CCP decide they want to "Fix" your playstyle.

      June 21, 2012 at 1:41 am Reply
      1. Glenn

        Also, the death of incursions.

        June 21, 2012 at 1:44 am Reply
    2. zoolkhan

      like giving you a single room called "captain quarters" with closed door all around, and need 5 years development to get that far – in the same timeframe other games with ego-perspective have risen, earned millions, and died, and risen again…while ccp wonders how the hell an open hangar door would look best…and they better not rush adding other rooms..

      July 6, 2012 at 10:37 am Reply
  36. perspective

    Not with a bang, but a whimper
    Corps and Alliances often have this happen, as those who shoulder the weight of keeping them going graduate and get jobs …

    June 21, 2012 at 1:43 am Reply
  37. druid_cilnok

    It was fun flying in U'K fleets, back when Imperial Order were still around. Chilled out funny FCs.

    June 21, 2012 at 7:50 am Reply
  38. Mangold

    Good to see that U'K is still alive. had great fun with the good boys and girls of the minmatar rebellion.

    Fly free.

    June 21, 2012 at 8:38 am Reply
    1. i miss you brother! still in game. get in touch

      zool

      ps: fuck all disrespectful trolls in this thread.

      July 6, 2012 at 10:31 am Reply
  39. LOL.

    Finally!

    Amarr Victor!

    June 21, 2012 at 9:10 am Reply
    1. Nightshade Mary

      You don't read the comments, do you :)

      June 21, 2012 at 9:13 am Reply
  40. reikazen

    amarr victor!

    June 21, 2012 at 9:40 am Reply
  41. Former CVA

    I can only say this: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    June 21, 2012 at 12:21 pm Reply
  42. They take off their robes and wizard hats.

    June 21, 2012 at 8:01 pm Reply
  43. lifeofzenith

    Amarr for ever… nothing else! huzzah!
    😉

    June 25, 2012 at 9:59 am Reply
  44. Gary

    When I herp I derp. I meant ~ccp greyscale~
    (apologies to ccp darkside if there is such a person)

    June 21, 2012 at 6:01 am Reply

Leave a Reply