Editor’s note: One of the most notorious pilots of New Eden, organizer of the upcoming Hulkaggedon competition, Helicity Boson has been on the blogging scene uncovering the “secret sauce” of Eve Online’s PVP.

Helicity Boson: How to lose a Super Carrier.

Since my post yesterday where I shared some pictures of the Hel we killed in Costolle a number of people have asked for the story behind how it happened. I was not, myself, party to the events leading up to the kill, so I asked the person who was behind the whole deal, Enochia Starr to write up his version of the events. Below you will find his report, in his own words.

Love, H.B.

The NightSong Directorate was surely the entertainment for the weekend for me.

After helping them with their empire war-dec and dealing a fatal blow to a few hostile shineys I felt that it was time to take my “friendship” with this unorganized group to the next level.

The next few days were frankly pretty boring, watching TV and hitting up the bar was becoming a habit once again.

But just before heading to the bar on friday night, someone linked me a battlereport from their alliance leader. ..

This battlereport showed a hel using fighterbombers on subcapital ships, so I decided that I was going to help “train” said pilot in the use of his brand new minny rust bucket.

Chat Highlights:
[ 2012.04.07 05:39:40 ] Enochia Starr > your supercarrier pilot, saying you’re teaching him?
[ 2012.04.07 05:40:26 ] Ambedrake > The Hel pilot is learning how to control the ship
[ 2012.04.07 05:40:36 ] Enochia Starr > well does he want some actual carrier kills?
[ 2012.04.07 05:40:44 ] Ambedrake > would be nice
[ 2012.04.07 05:40:55 ] Ambedrake > mostly BS’s down this way
[ 2012.04.07 05:40:58 ] Enochia Starr > well, let him know that sunday we’ll be doing some carrier kills
[ 2012.04.07 05:41:20 ] Enochia Starr > love to have him come along
[ 2012.04.07 05:41:25 ] Ambedrake > sounds fun to me
[ 2012.04.07 05:41:31 ] Ambedrake > Ill let him know

The following day I received my much anticipated conversation request from said hel pilot’s main character.

[ 2012.04.07 19:20:23 ] WHIPPCA > hi
[ 2012.04.07 19:20:34 ] WHIPPCA > Ambedrake asked me to contact you about tomorrow.
[ 2012.04.07 19:20:43 ] Enochia Starr > yess
[ 2012.04.07 19:21:00 ] Enochia Starr > He said you were looking on how to use your hel and what not
[ 2012.04.07 19:21:10 ] Enochia Starr > i offered him to let you hotdrop with us tomorrow
[ 2012.04.07 19:21:13 ] WHIPPCA > My alt Pheage has a hel and I”m prety new at the super cap and would like to join in.
[ 2012.04.07 19:23:17 ] WHIPPCA > who is it?
[ 2012.04.07 19:23:34 ] WHIPPCA > swear?
[ 2012.04.07 19:24:08 ] Enochia Starr > No no
[ 2012.04.07 19:24:11 ] Enochia Starr > just some random noobs
[ 2012.04.07 19:24:20 ] Enochia Starr > they have no ties
[ 2012.04.07 19:24:21 ] Enochia Starr > easy kills

So as the day went on I told him how to fit his Hel, naturally I misled him into believing he did not need an ECM burst module, but instead needed deadspace mods and faction neutralizers.

I was a little disapointed when he said no T2 shield rigs, but of course I’m sure he couldn’t fit them on himself.

As the day passed, and the next morning sun arose. I shot out a convo to the hel pilot, in which I told him about the upcoming events and how things were going to play out. Needless to say none of it was true.

He seemed very excited about the entire thing and decided that he was going to use our massive capital fleet so he could gain some experience without necessarily being at risk himself.

As I got my friends into position, (and there were a lot more of them than I expected I might add), he convo’d me and asked:

[ 2012.04.08 22:21:41 ] Pheage > do I need a cloak on this? lol
[ 2012.04.08 22:21:56 ] Pheage > fleet me up and need infor for live chat

Of course at this moment my pants were brown, and sopping wet with every kind of excrement from the excitement. So I told him that a neutral alt will be lighting his cyno and just burn into pos shields as soon as you jump in.

[ 2012.04.08 22:27:13 ] Enochia Starr > cynos up
[ 2012.04.08 22:27:22 ] Enochia Starr > Jump when your ready
[ 2012.04.08 22:28:08 ] Pheage > here
[ 2012.04.08 22:28:11 ] Enochia Starr > kk
[ 2012.04.08 22:28:13 ] Enochia Starr > burn to pos

He then jumped into an EXTREMELY hostile gang, with HICs, Dreads and Curses everywhere, I was to busy organizing the fleet at the time, but after the dirty deed was done, I saw this chat message:

[ 2012.04.08 22:28:35 ] Pheage > all locking me?
[ 2012.04.08 22:29:24 ] Pheage > help

My heart sank for a moment, but then I realized…

[ 2012.04.08 22:29:58 ] Enochia Starr > sorry man couldnt help you

Truly, a 4.32% efficiency on your pilot is always a good sign :)

Killmail link: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13002815

Helicity Boson

[spoiler show=”Did we mess up?”]
We want to give you guys the best possible intel, to post as fast as we can confirm it, but Eve being :Eve: is quite confusing. If we messed up with our intel, please contact us directly [email protected], provide the proof of it and we’ll correct it immediately noting the change and bringing the correction on top of the article list.[/spoiler]

If you would like to send intel or contribute, feel free to use the form below:

[spoiler show=”Submit Intel Here”]

[/spoiler]

1. ODear

In eve there are some fantastic stories of betrayal, conflict, morals and revenge. There are elaborate schemes and plots which take months of planning and perfect execution before they are realised. This wasn't any of the above. (yet)

I for one am really pleased about the negative reception this article has received and hope that it demonstrates that a killmail alone doesn't make you elite or noteworthy in any respect.

What's also really interesting is the way HelicityBoson is now trying to distance himself from the reaction. Personally I hope someone dislikes this enough to target those involved. An element of revenge would add an extra thread and maybe even weave this into an actual story.

Raise your hand if you like seeing backstabbers get backstabbed o/

April 10, 2012 at 12:51 pm Reply
  2. Rover

It doesn't get any lower than that!

There is no glory to be found here.

April 10, 2012 at 1:37 pm Reply
  3. sad panda

-1 , it would have been a better story if you had actually trained the noob and you all went down in a blaze of glory in a huge fight to the death.

This was sad and pathetic and I hope karma is a bitch to you. Scams are only enjoyable when there is real work involved.

April 10, 2012 at 2:04 pm Reply
  4. lolatu

a noob with a supercap? This is what eve is all about and the only way to learn is from your mistakes..

April 10, 2012 at 2:43 pm Reply
  5. dude

this is just lame on so many lvl's.. noob or not .. he was willing to use his shiny to help and you backstap him for a easy kill because you guys have no skillz and for some reason think its cool

April 10, 2012 at 2:48 pm Reply
  6. lowsec pikey

Shadow Cartel at its finest right there.

April 10, 2012 at 2:59 pm Reply
    1. Helicity Boson

Wasn't shadow cartel, we were just invited to bring some more dps.

April 10, 2012 at 3:05 pm Reply
      1. lolatu

Doesn´t matter. The fact you do not give a dang about your reputation and participated in this pretty much says it all. Your attempts at back paddeling just make you look more pathetic.

April 10, 2012 at 3:19 pm Reply
  7. roboto212

Thanks for linking our battle report. You suck for stealing our super kill

April 10, 2012 at 3:00 pm Reply
  8. Ahaha tears

Ahahaha so funny reading all these comments, obviously se
    People don't know how to have fun with terrible people. Isn't the
    First time this guys done it, killed a NYx and wyvern with same
    Way. People never learn..

April 10, 2012 at 4:03 pm Reply
  9. skullair

whats with all the hate toward what they did…. an idiot was parted from his super that is all….

April 10, 2012 at 4:04 pm Reply
    1. Random Miner

i think it's amusing when you hear about that part by itself, but a guy writing a whole article about it like some masterful danny ocean scheme was the sad part…

April 11, 2012 at 2:46 am Reply
      1. Darek Castigatus

Perhaps you missed the part where people asked him to. Helicity mentioned the kill on his blog, like bloggers do when theyre involved in juicy kills, then people started asking for details hence this report was written by Enochia and he asked Helicity to forward it to EN24 so more people could look at it.

Given the reaction by some of the ignorant mouthbreathers who post here though next time I'll advise him not to bother.

April 11, 2012 at 6:34 pm Reply
        1. Random Miner

that would be best

April 12, 2012 at 1:23 am Reply
  10. Awesome Possum

Hooooooooooooooooooly Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit @ the number of crybaby morons that think e-honor and spaceshipbushido exists.

Also, watched the video… Dude wasn't blue.

Bunch of faggots in here forgetting Rule #3 of srsbznzspaceships… Trust No One.

Bet most of you don't know rules 1 & 2 either.

April 10, 2012 at 4:06 pm Reply
  11. Notitanforme

I guess that when you have no skill whatsoever in EVE, this is the only way you will ever get on a super killmail.

Personally I would quit EVE straight away when i find myself doing something like this, realizing I failed at EVE, failed at games, well, basically, failed at Life™ in general.

April 10, 2012 at 4:09 pm Reply
    1. Please, stop posting.

April 10, 2012 at 4:23 pm Reply
      1. Notitanforme

your reasoning is invalid without arguments!

April 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm Reply
        1. Same to you.

April 10, 2012 at 5:01 pm Reply
    2. Awesome Possum

That's it, you've done it… your cyberbullying has made me rethink my life… /wrist

April 10, 2012 at 4:31 pm Reply
      1. Notitanforme

remember, go up and down, not left and right, for the best results

April 10, 2012 at 4:46 pm Reply
  12. Nobody

How can you have the skills to fly a super and not know a damn thing about fitting it PLUS blindly trusting *out-of-corp* people to "help" you "get some carrier kills" by jumping your super to an unknown person's cyno.

This was a dead super waiting to happen.

April 10, 2012 at 4:12 pm Reply
    1. Nobody

Adding:

If he were smart(er), he would have fit his ECM burst, he would have asked which system the action was going to be and he would have sent a scout in there to check it out, he would have had an exit cyno ready, …

Anything else anyone can think of?

April 10, 2012 at 4:17 pm Reply
      1. Awesome Possum

Trust No One?

April 10, 2012 at 4:28 pm Reply
  13. Guys, you were MEAN to somebody in Eve Online.

This has literally never happened before.

April 10, 2012 at 4:16 pm Reply
    1. Seriously, never.

April 10, 2012 at 4:16 pm Reply
      1. I don't think I can make this any clearer.

April 10, 2012 at 4:16 pm Reply
  14. Yahrr

'gf' in local……. I'm sure you had a good fight indeed, all that adrenaline. Awesome tackle, suicide tackle really. A hero like you just gotta have titanium balls!

April 10, 2012 at 4:19 pm Reply
    1. Obviously the "gf" was put in local as a joke, since it was obviously a gank.

I know, I know, having a sense of humor in Eve: Online the popular Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game isn't sensible.

April 10, 2012 at 4:21 pm Reply
      1. Yahrr

I'm not so sure about that. I notice the same in my corp after we gank a helpless noob inside-out. I notice the same everywhere. The first people just seem to post it as an almost automated response of the guns cycling off. The rest are just ape imitating the first. I guess there's not much to do/fix about that other than a complete gene restructure and a brain wash to convert the ape back to human.

April 10, 2012 at 6:35 pm Reply
  15. Clipside

Stop bitching, we're winning!

I got the KM!

April 10, 2012 at 4:35 pm Reply
  16. Zandramus

So sad, my recent experience with shadow cartel was them killing my cyno alt with a faction cruiser. Funny thing was he warped into the middle of our capitals that just landed at the cyno, kills the cyno alt and gets tackled and killed by our carriers and dreads. Nice way to trade a faction cruiser for a cyno frigate. What a bunch of losers… http://bit.ly/lwTs08

Zandramus

April 10, 2012 at 4:38 pm Reply
    1. I like the part where you end your paragraph with ellipsis.

April 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm Reply
    2. Zandramus
      April 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm Reply
      1. I want to be as cool as you one day.

You're so cool.

April 10, 2012 at 5:02 pm Reply
        1. Maybe I need to start signing my posts because we can't read the name at the top of the post.

Yeah, that'll make me cool.

April 10, 2012 at 5:02 pm Reply
      2. Yahrr

Nice killmail.

April 10, 2012 at 6:39 pm Reply
  17. IgnatiusHood

The real travesty is letting a sucker keep his money err Super Carrier I guess.

I know rule #1 is never fly what you can't afford to lose, and if rule #3 is never jump to an out of Corp Cyno. What is Rule #2, don't undock from Jita with PLEX in your hold??

All the being said this was a pretty epic dick move and I kinda feel bad for the guy. Its like the nerdy kid at school being invited to a sleepover at the popular kids house and then getting his ass kicked by the popular kid and his friends as soon as mom backs out of the driveway.

April 10, 2012 at 4:47 pm Reply
  18. OneGrunt

So, people voted this guy for the CSM? LOL, sometimes this game sucks.

April 10, 2012 at 4:49 pm Reply
    1. What does this have to do with anything?

April 10, 2012 at 5:00 pm Reply
  19. This is why we can't have nice things. Very dirty kill, from a very dirty man. Glad I can't punch his heart, otherwise I'd break my hand.

April 10, 2012 at 5:11 pm Reply
    1. I wonder what you'd say about all the scamming that Goons do on a daily basis.

April 10, 2012 at 5:18 pm Reply
  20. Matty

This is like someone bragging about getting on a cap kill during those Sansha live events. And about as newsworthy as the stationspinning I did last night.

April 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm Reply
  21. WutWut

Amazing skill. Amazing strategy. Amazing planning. Amazing guts. AMAZING PVP!!!

P.S. whenever I wonder why even large corps have only two or three people logging in, I remember that game play in EVE has de-evolved to this type of utter stupidity. Congrats, you're an idiot Helicity Boson.

April 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm Reply
  22. frog

Eve. The only game where being a dick in a poor raped noob's ass gives you bragging rights. Classy move. Keep it up.

April 10, 2012 at 5:32 pm Reply
  23. Guest

Shooting a blue? Helicity is so getting kicked from The Tuskers.

April 10, 2012 at 5:54 pm Reply
  24. linda

wow.. so many butthurt people.

April 10, 2012 at 6:08 pm Reply
  25. Fuck YOu

Eat shit, faggots next time keep this kind of kill to yourself instead

April 10, 2012 at 8:14 pm Reply
  26. Byran

what a bunch of faggots

April 10, 2012 at 8:37 pm Reply
  27. effe eue

lol shit like is gonna kill the game. fuck you bitter vets i hope ccp turns this into real life hello kitty. constant scams and backstabs keeping newbs from staying in the game. Last years head of CSM biggest scammer in game, using CCP given title to steal from people in game. why do i give these guys money? o yeh cuase guild wars 2 isn't out yet haha.

April 10, 2012 at 9:26 pm Reply
    1. Anonymous

Then go read about it and stay off the EvE sites. We truly don't care about your rants that have loose ties with the article at hand.

April 11, 2012 at 9:48 pm Reply
  28. Sugar

Poor bastard. Hope he learnt something from this and keeps playing. Would be nice to learn of him getting revenge some time down the track.

April 10, 2012 at 9:26 pm Reply
  29. Anonymous

Both sides deserve to be flogged. The attackers for what can only be described as cowardice and asshattery of the highest order. The victim for having the skill to fly a super capital in this game without ever learning that you trust not a soul in this game.

April 10, 2012 at 10:08 pm Reply
  30. Lotsofail

Good job you pulled off the null-sec equivalent of can baiting a noob in a training system.

Totally pro…

April 10, 2012 at 10:09 pm Reply
  31. Baddies being Bad

Didnt look who the super pilot was but the one thing I will remember from this article is Helicity is a scrub lol

April 11, 2012 at 2:22 pm Reply
  32. Death2allsupacaps

Lol @ mouse clicking mods on. L2shortcut n00b.

April 11, 2012 at 5:15 pm Reply
    1. Anonymous

Not sure which is more ironic, somebody using the term 'lol' when i highly doubt they even cracked a smile, or somebody making a comment that we all laugh at for the sheer game player/not true gamer nature of it. Game players rip on others for what they do in games. Gamers simply play the game to get better, when done they turn it off and go enjoy life without second thought.

April 11, 2012 at 9:45 pm Reply
  33. its ME!

mmmmm rage and tears SOOOO DELICIOUS!

April 12, 2012 at 3:57 am Reply
  34. blah blah blah

you should have forced him to get out and then taken the hel from him for being such a nub

April 13, 2012 at 8:46 pm Reply