Comments

Eve Online top opinion maker takes a plunge at the topic of the week.

[spoiler show=”Editor’s Note”]Editor’s Note: Eve Online’s sweetheart, loathed by some, worshiped by others. She enjoys a great following within the EVE community. She once took sold kisses at Jita and almost crashed the Eve Online economy. Some even call her an Space-Cleopatra of sorts. Eve News24 is happy to showcase Mintchip’s videos, for your viewing pleasure:[/spoiler]

– R

[spoiler show=”Did we mess up?”]
We want to give you guys the best possible intel, to post as fast as we can confirm it, but Eve being :Eve: is quite confusing. If we messed up with our intel, please contact us directly [email protected], provide the proof of it and we’ll correct it immediately noting the change and bringing the correction on top of the article list.[/spoiler]

If you would like to send intel or contribute, feel free to use the form below:

[spoiler show=”Submit Intel Here”]

[/spoiler]

1. bullying period is very dumb…..besides that, you have my approval to remove bullying from the phrase “cyber bullying” and make a new video, i shall then subscribe 😉

March 30, 2012 at 11:14 pm Reply
  2. Cyber bullying < bullyingnut up when you are on the internet. Or don’t go online.It’s not that serious, in the end.

March 30, 2012 at 11:58 pm Reply
  3. Not counting legitimate ” I think this guy is Good” votes, just goons. + alts

March 31, 2012 at 12:32 am Reply
  4. I know someone who was a recruiter for a Corp. He had 48 accounts. I have no idea why he needed that many.

March 31, 2012 at 12:32 am Reply
  5. WB Hooligan. Fill us in on the 15 trillion PL deal. If they will be petitioning it. (They should if they have been lending ISK)

March 31, 2012 at 1:27 am Reply
  6. We saw the real Mittani that day and what he is realy like. Alchohol lowers your inhibitions and so he said what he realy meant to say. Being drunk is no excuse. And being a CSM chairman he represents the Eve community and should be held accountable for his actions in a public forum just like politicians are in real life.

March 31, 2012 at 2:25 am Reply
  7. And that’s why I will never drink in my life (Jesus that’s hard to do) (just a little bit)…

March 31, 2012 at 3:42 am Reply
  8. Sorry, but what he did was deplorable and asinine. I can’t believe people are making excuses (call them whatever you want; they are excuses) saying that “it isn’t a big deal”, “it was in jest” or “he’s apologised”. Maybe it’s that the playerbase of EVE is so emotionally stunted that they don’t realise why such behaviour is unacceptable *in real life*. Maybe they are just an apathetic crowd. The point is that A. Gianturco’s comments were out of line and his apology is as fake as they come.

March 31, 2012 at 4:37 am Reply
  9. Could you not base your argument on assumptions?

March 31, 2012 at 5:03 am Reply
  10. I’m not making an argument; merely stating my opinion. And I am basing it on reality, nothing more and nothing less. It’s people like you who have nothing of weight to say so you have to construct silly rhetoric to make (meaningless) points.

March 31, 2012 at 5:05 am Reply
  11. Math teacher Mint spanks Mittani with a ruler. Awesome!

March 31, 2012 at 9:55 am Reply
  12. I doubt he is sorry. In his apology he said “leaving me and my people free to do as we please without needing to consider corporate, political, or media ramifications every time we make a **** joke, offend someone, or sell a supercap made of vapor.” And as for him saying this because he was drunk, he actually planned this before hand as you can hear in this clip: /watch?v=fTRQ05Bqq_E (starting 7:20)

March 31, 2012 at 11:20 am Reply
  13. I don’t think its funny to try and push a guy over the edge and kill himself, in my eyes thats pretty sick, people play eve to get away from real life or to have fun, but everyone knows there’s a line you just don’t cross and mittani leap over that line, and what comes around goes around, if this guy had went through with killing himself then mittani should be held responsible, and when he’s in prison and becomes his cell-mates new gf, he will get small taste of how that guy felt like.

March 31, 2012 at 11:37 am Reply
  14. You are just making excuses for him, his actions were that of a pathetic human being, his apology was pathetic i.e – “leaving me and my people free to do as we please without needing to consider corporate, political, or media ramifications every time we make a **** joke, offend someone, or sell a supercap made of vapor.”, the sort of thing you expect from a spoilt child.As for his whining about being his ban, it is stupid computer game, perhaps he should HTFU, then grow up, then get a life.

March 31, 2012 at 11:41 am Reply
  15. A lot of what was said in many ways is just common sense, imo. However, many people use online to enhance their personalities to levels that they normally don’t have in real life.And as far as GS destroying Jita…..when has GS actually fullfilled a promise it’s made? They need to just go back to getting whipped by NC.

March 31, 2012 at 12:01 pm Reply
  16. Wait…when did politicians start being held accountable?

March 31, 2012 at 12:22 pm Reply
  17. Poor cat…. anyone else see its lion type haircut? :) hehe.

March 31, 2012 at 12:46 pm Reply
  18. “it is stupid computer game, perhaps he should HTFU, then grow up, then get a life.”The same should be said for the guy who was going to kill himself over an internet spaceship game. Apparently im a bad human being for laughing at said person.

March 31, 2012 at 1:31 pm Reply
  19. STOP video at start of 9second… heheheh EPIC FACE :)

March 31, 2012 at 1:54 pm Reply
  20. Yep absolutely, its the victims fault for not going out of their way to avoid being bully.

March 31, 2012 at 2:06 pm Reply
  21. He should of been perma banned and never allowed run for CSM again.

March 31, 2012 at 3:04 pm Reply
  22. OMG, more videos with the fluffy kittie!!!!!

March 31, 2012 at 3:42 pm Reply
  23. Someone said “Microchip” and I thought of Minty, came to have a look. It is now my second birthday, could not be happier!.As far as I see it, Mittens showed his true colours (he would not be leading Goons if he was not a jerk) and assassinated himself.*Dances around*.Thanks for the report. =)

March 31, 2012 at 3:56 pm Reply
  24. If you saw his presentation from last year you will see that he is an extremely intelligent, serious individual, but that didn’t go over well with the crowd, so this year he tried acting more like his in game persona and it failed dramatically. I personally feel like he is embarrassed at this public shamefulness because it hurts his RL appearance. If you have anything to add or debate to this, please let me know.

March 31, 2012 at 4:03 pm Reply
  25. I’ve always said fire kills itself and that’s what Mitranny did to his reputation. I wonder how he would feel if someone he loved killed themself because of someone else exploiting their real life human vulnerabilities. We as humans are not perfect and each of us have our own problems, but what Mitranny did IS PUNISHABLE BY U.S. LAW given if he was successful in his attempt regardless if he was drunk or not.

March 31, 2012 at 5:39 pm Reply
  26. like always mintchip derping it up with autism

March 31, 2012 at 6:55 pm Reply
  27. die in fire

March 31, 2012 at 7:09 pm Reply
  28. destroy Jita? yeah right keep dreaming.

March 31, 2012 at 8:12 pm Reply
  29. My thoughts exactly. CCP wants to be all political and stuff but has panels where people are drunk n stuff, IRL isn’t a game and as such people should take it seriously to some extent. Yes FanFest is a giant ball of party but you have to balance professionalism with debauchery.

March 31, 2012 at 9:03 pm Reply
  30. Alexandr

First. This adds nothing to the current debate.

March 31, 2012 at 10:29 pm Reply
    1. Since when has ***king Mintchip added ANYTHING to any debate? She comes late to every party and then just repeats everything that's been said before.

(Her ***king Soundwave interview was so much fluff, she was selling excess to the Spanish Inquisition (for their soft cushions and comfy chairs.))

March 31, 2012 at 10:41 pm Reply
      1. chevs

WAIT A SEC POETIC "FUCKING" STANZIEL is talking shit about being relevant?

Also all this Mintchip hate is weird, does EVE turn you against women or something? Thats pretty gay (pun intended)

April 1, 2012 at 12:17 am Reply
        1. No. For instance, Sindel and Arydanika. They're awesome women.

April 1, 2012 at 2:11 am Reply
        2. The Observer

It's a hate for everything retarded. I cannot abide useless people.

April 1, 2012 at 5:31 am Reply
          1. Alexandr

I see what you did there.

April 1, 2012 at 2:53 pm
        3. Common Sense

Women don't get a free pass on being stupid just for being women.

April 1, 2012 at 6:45 am Reply
        4. BAMbam

"Thats pretty gay (pun intended)" Erm….Pun? Unless your incorrectly using the word gay there is no pun.

"Also all this Mintchip hate is weird, does EVE turn you against women or something?"

Now either you don't play EVE or you suspect that you yourself might be gay and are using this post to ask your peers their sexual orientation?

"Dude the only thing I hear from you is crying about Eveuni all day… get the fuck outta here… you serious?"

And noones heard from you at all and you think he talks shit yet you still read his stuff? Unless you dont read his stuff and you dont know what your talking about?

April 1, 2012 at 12:34 pm Reply
          1. Manks

If you are going try to come across as a fellow intellectual please try to use basic spelling and grammar in your debating posts!

You're not your *

Painful to see a language being used so badly, that is all.

April 1, 2012 at 1:54 pm
      2. The Observer

audible mouth diarrhea. that's what this was.

April 1, 2012 at 1:31 am Reply
  31. sadfs

Hah, guys listen to this:
    "Mintchip? MORE LIKE MINTSHIT
    YUBEENHAZED"

Yeah, I know.
    😐

March 31, 2012 at 10:31 pm Reply
  32. Killyourself

Go Kill yourself MintChip

March 31, 2012 at 10:46 pm Reply
    1. real op

this

April 1, 2012 at 12:04 am Reply
  33. CFC Fanboy

now i realize this is vague and only partially relevant but as and experienced attorney the mittens is he should know about this kinda stuff unless he was not as successful as lead to believe. and is just living off someone else's hard work. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr1966/… but maybe mittens needs to read this he has time on his hands too bad not longer like a couple years in prison.

March 31, 2012 at 10:46 pm Reply
    1. CFC Fanboy

let me help you mittens i do not want you to have to read too much this is cyber bullying.

intimidate, harass, or cause substantial emotional distress to a person, using electronic means to support severe, repeated, and hostile behavior, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

March 31, 2012 at 10:48 pm Reply
      1. gameon

that looks like usa law, he was in iceland at the time.

March 31, 2012 at 10:51 pm Reply
        1. stoicspoon

Talking about law on this forum would be pointless, but it suffices to say that there is very little chance he will be prosecuted for his actions.

March 31, 2012 at 11:15 pm Reply
          1. DOT

The bill also says repeated, so there is no problem

April 1, 2012 at 5:25 am
        2. CFC Fanboy

he is still an American citizen does not matter what country he was in.

April 1, 2012 at 4:51 am Reply
          1. iLOL'dAllTheWayHome

There's that famous American ignorance we all know and love, I'll be dining on that little gem for a week, thanks CFC genius.

April 1, 2012 at 10:04 am
          2. I blame the last two executive administrations for this.

April 1, 2012 at 2:10 pm
      2. Imigo

Seriously? How many PvP activities in EVE DON'T meet those requirements?

March 31, 2012 at 11:21 pm Reply
        1. CFC Fanboy

how true but that is why most laws are layered with gray areas

April 1, 2012 at 4:51 am Reply
          1. Common Sense

Amusingly, in your mind those grey areas exist to protect anyone you like and hang those you don't.

April 1, 2012 at 6:43 am
          2. BAMbam

This is EVE. This whole drama has been backed 90% by people pissed at beensuicide ganked and the Ice interdiction in particular, or by people who will otherwise beneft politically. Whether it be CSM or null motivated.

April 1, 2012 at 12:22 pm
          3. No. laws are not "layered with gray areas", laws are pretty black and white. It's a judicial systems job to see where laws apply to real world circumstances and to what degree, which are never black and white.

April 1, 2012 at 2:08 pm
    2. grow up

He is a grown up man who said some rude things to another grown up man.

This is what's wrong with the world when someone can go to jail for talking.

April 1, 2012 at 5:10 am Reply
    3. ftlog

Well that every person in eve in prison then, and bully is repetitive harassment, this was on comment with out a real name involved unless you count mittians real name being known by the whole eve commmunity

April 1, 2012 at 5:49 am Reply
    4. Jarasis Par

Last I knew, this bill was never passed over constitutional concerns…I would guess freedom of speech. Secondly, whoever suggested a lawsuit is being silly. Not to be cruel, but the guy didn't kill himself….the damages to be awarded would be limited at best and likely there wouldn't be any of substance.

That said, I think Mittens likely just banished himself to simply being the Goonian that he is rather than playing nice guy politician. Wonder what the vote looks like next year? Goons and friends will keep him on the CSM as long as he wants to be on it I'd think.

April 1, 2012 at 6:40 pm Reply
    5. anon

I have yet to see evidence of how really 'successful' an attorney Mittani really is. Given his childish and immature nature, I would guess not a good one.

April 3, 2012 at 3:37 am Reply
    6. Maskghord

He was a corporate lawyer. Not criminal lawyer. Corp lawyers are equivalent to accountants.
      Their prestige is limited to the company they are retained by. I'm going to hazard a guess that if he had so much time to play an MMO, he didn't work for a big firm.

April 3, 2012 at 5:17 pm Reply
  34. crap

shh i am having a W**K

March 31, 2012 at 10:48 pm Reply
  35. Lt Probable

Oh cmon, vids are light entertainment. If you dont like them dont watch them.

March 31, 2012 at 11:01 pm Reply
  36. TEST

Kill yourself Mintchip lol

March 31, 2012 at 11:08 pm Reply
  37. Aw, you're all such meanies. Ignore them, Mintchip!
    If I were that young and cute, I'd make videos, too.
    So just be happy it's Mintchip, regardless what she has to say, and not wicked old me.

March 31, 2012 at 11:08 pm Reply
    1. Wash your hair

You're Such a beg

April 1, 2012 at 12:00 am Reply
    2. real op

she are not cute

April 1, 2012 at 12:04 am Reply
  38. stoicspoon

Am I the only one that finds her "title" on this site bizarre?

What she really does is simplify major events for casual players that need a "TLDR" version.

This is not an insult, just an observation. I don't have a strong dislike for her or anything. I think the more people talking about Eve, the better.

However, calling her a "leading opinion maker" is definitely inaccurate, right?

March 31, 2012 at 11:09 pm Reply
    1. crap

shh dick

March 31, 2012 at 11:14 pm Reply
    2. as one of Eve's top opinion makers it is of my opinion that she is one of Eve's top opinion makers….
      </wormhole>

March 31, 2012 at 11:56 pm Reply
      1. Trolololololol

Lol top opinion maker? More like top kugu copy and paster

April 1, 2012 at 12:59 am Reply
        1. Common Sense

Incidentally, she'd actually have to make her own opinions which are then shared by others to qualify as an "opinion maker" this applies to yourself, Riv.

April 1, 2012 at 6:53 am Reply
      2. Gumpin

Riverini, I want to you go to youtube and look up Brianna Frost.

Start posting some of those and i'll watch them. Even if they don't involve internet spaceships. (Well one of them MIGHT involve something that could be a Thorax).

April 1, 2012 at 7:23 am Reply
      3. BAMbam

Just out of curiosity do you mean that by been a top opinionj maker that once she HAS an opinion she unifies 90% of the eve community on the opposite end of it?

April 1, 2012 at 12:42 pm Reply
    3. Dutchman

Riverini has a little crush on her. He has admitted this on kugu somewhere (too lazy to find the exact thread and page)

April 1, 2012 at 12:12 am Reply
      1. Mintwhore

She slept her way into PL guess she can do it again to get more coverage on evenews24

April 1, 2012 at 9:28 am Reply
        1. BitterMuch?

And yet it's you that looks like a bitch. GJ.

April 1, 2012 at 9:50 am Reply
    4. Mildly Bitter Vet

As always, i came just for the comments. Like most do im sure.

They are the real entertainment in anything posted about her in my opinion.

April 1, 2012 at 12:43 pm Reply
  39. Rainbow Dash

Hater gonna hate

March 31, 2012 at 11:10 pm Reply
    1. Gumpin

You done been hated on.

April 1, 2012 at 7:22 am Reply
  40. Lords

eh… not rocket science here. She makes crap video on YT, you watch it, YT pays her, she buys stuffs, you remain trapped in basement?

March 31, 2012 at 11:11 pm Reply
    1. Paid by youtube for this drivel?

userious?

April 1, 2012 at 12:32 am Reply
  41. hirrrr

that bitch is lookin' hella raggedy lately

March 31, 2012 at 11:17 pm Reply
  42. nix

I wish I could be EVE famous just because of my gender…

March 31, 2012 at 11:38 pm Reply
  43. Somedude

that's an awesome looking cat!!

March 31, 2012 at 11:44 pm Reply
  44. BLAH

Kitty!

March 31, 2012 at 11:52 pm Reply
  45. real op

Mintchip is a noob

April 1, 2012 at 12:01 am Reply
  46. No. You seem to be missing a few things: Chronology and content. It’s quite crucial. There is abuse and then there is response to abuse. He abuses, I respond. He tells people to go kill themselves, I support a ban. Your “conclusion” is simplification to the point of lying.

March 31, 2012 at 11:12 pm Reply
  47. iskbot#1337

titts this time?

April 1, 2012 at 12:13 am Reply
  48. newsoul

I think MintSpin got a hard on for the Martini .

April 1, 2012 at 12:21 am Reply
    1. lol

Have you seen Gianturco's face? A tree stump would wilt if it was asked to have sex with that.

April 1, 2012 at 12:48 am Reply
  49. Hey somehow I have not been subscribed to you when I thought I was 😀 I wanted to let you know this problem has been resolved haha. And thanks for being subscribed to me also :)

March 31, 2012 at 11:22 pm Reply
  50. Fidens

What Mittani has done is unacceptable in virtual reality or in real life. To complain about the lenient punishment imposed by CCP and threatening a Jita-bombing to celebrate his un-banning equates to a convicted criminal claiming persecution against justice being exercised and exacting revenge on parole.

This childish behaviour demonstrates Mittani's immature character as a person completely unfit for the leadership role of CSM

Mintchip was clearly making an observational point. It disgust me people behave like complete jerks behind the veil of internet anonymity. Grow up

April 1, 2012 at 12:26 am Reply
    1. Imigo

I'll preface my statement with this: I have no veil of internet anonymity (I ran for CSM last year so my real identity is out there for anybody who looks), and neither does The Mittani (for the same reason).

EVE Online is a game. In particular, it is a game about blowing up spaceships. Keep that in mind when you start making parallels to what might happen to real life criminals. Just imagine if the same parallels were made with in-game activities in GTA, or CoD, or even the fucking Sims.

Threats against The Mittani's dog however are not within the boundaries of a game. I wonder where you stand on those?

April 1, 2012 at 2:25 am Reply
      1. Fidens

Perhaps you've misunderstood. Although EVE online is game, encouraging others to cyber bully or even giving them the opportunity to attack someone who may be mentally vulnerable and potentially suicidal in a public arena that is alliance panel crosses the line.

Ransoming someone as a scary EVE pirate is one thing but when that sort of behaviour involves real life problems then it's just unacceptable. You wouldn't want people to send your own mother hate mail now would you?

I'm glad you have the guts to stand publicly in CSM but the point above refers to the numerous profanity filled comments with a nameless tag. Do you honestly believe people, like those above, would walk the street and shout insults at the first person that looked at them funny or made a comment they didn't entirely disagree with or even the for the fun of it?

Threatening people's pet's is not something I do and is a completely different kettle of fish

April 1, 2012 at 8:52 am Reply
        1. Imigo

Yes, I'm quite familiar with Gabriel's Greater Internet Dickwad Theory, but that's not what we're talking about here (although I do appreciate being able to engage in a reasonable discussion about it, and on the Internet of all places!).

What you said was "What Mittani has done is unacceptable in virtual reality or in real life". What he did was encourage people to attack somebody's internet spaceships. We do this all the time in EVE Online, it's the core foundation of the game. How can it be "unacceptable in virtual reality"? And again, The Mittani was a dick about suggesting at Fanfest that people blow this guy's ships up. He saw this in the video footage and apologised to the guy for it. He didn't blame being drunk, and it wasn't a conditional apology.

Sure, suggesting that people harass somebody in reality is unacceptable, regardless of whether they are suicidal or not, but (and let me be very clear about this) EVE Online is a game about blowing up spaceships, it is not reality.

Now you're saying "when that sort of behaviour involves real life problems then it's just unacceptable", which strikes me as odd. From what you're saying, anybody who has logged in to EVE while they're feeling bad should have special rules for whether you can engage their ships or not.

In the version of EVE I play it's generally accepted that if you undock your spaceship it's possible that you might lose it. It's your choice to undock a ship, and (noobs aside) everybody should be well aware that suicide ganking happens. It's not everybody else's responsibility to check to make sure you're mentally healthy before ganking, or even to stop if you say you're feeling bad.

April 1, 2012 at 10:53 am Reply