Comments

Those of you, like me, who check eve-kill’s frontpage regularly (to see what interesting things died recently), may have noticed this 2.5 billion isk Archon that died in J173506.  Pricy carrier, sure.  The price isn’t what intrigued me though.  The most intriguing thing is that this pilot was killed by his own corp.  Another intriguing thing, however, is that the pilot was Gallium, CEO of Bite Me Inc.  I recognized the name from some really vague intel that had been reported a month ago about this guy creating quite a bit of drama in Narwhals Ate My Duck.  Because the intel lacked detail, we didn’t report on it at the time.  With this killmail out there, now seemed a good time to dig into that earlier report for more information.  And boy did we get it.

It seems Narwhals corps were chosing an alliance leader in September.  Gallium was one of the frontrunners for the position.  When the vote came back, he did not win.  Instead, Cipreh became the leader of the alliance.  For a while, this seemed to be without issue.  However, it apparently was not taken well by Gallium.  By mid November, there was a change in behavior by Gallium towards the rest of the alliance.  When approached, he laid out a list of demands to the rest of the alliance and threatened that if they were not met, he would take his corp out of the alliance.  He was told that every corp in Narwhals was an equal and no one got special treatment.  This was not taken well either.  It became known that he had sent out an order to his corp members to not be involved in alliance operations.  In December, Cipreh attempted to convince the CEOs that what Gallium was doing was dangerous for the alliance and he needed to be removed.  Gallium held a fair amount of respect in the alliance, having been in varying positions of leadership for two years, so the split decision that kept Gallium in the alliance did not shock many people.

This may have been the final straw for Gallium, evacing his corp from the Narwhal home system without warning a short time later.  He apparently began going out of his way to disrupt alliance operations, to the point that the CEOs began agreeing that Gallium had to go.  The alliance CEOs voted to ask Gallium to step down as CEO of his corp.  He refused.  So, they voted to kick BITIN from the alliance.  Gallium, wearing his pride on his sleeve, chose to pull his corp out of the alliance before it was kicked.  BITIN joined Exhale a short time later, and that was the last interaction Narwhals had with Gallium or BITIN.

Cipreh stated:

I am very proud of the guys from BITIN for standing up to him, and finally doing what was right.

At this point, we shift the narrative to BITIN’s current alliance, Exhale.  It seems BITIN members have been working for the last few weeks to remove Gallium from leadership in their corp.  The primary reason seemed to be that Gallium was rarely on anymore and they wanted an active corp leader (I’ve heard there are benefits to this).  The corp members voted to have him removed.  When he was approached by corp directors, the next time he logged in, with the request to step down as CEO to allow a more active member to lead the corp, his response harkens back to the way he handled rejection in Narwhals.  He removed the roles of the directors who had discussed this with him, then declined with a variation on “my way or the highway.” Then it came out that he had made off with billions of isk of corp funds. This was too much for his corp mates.

It was then decided, by members, to secure all assets.  Member and corp assets were recovered and secured in a different location during a long and hectic night.  Gallium was once more approached with the request to step down.  He not only refused, but claimed the wormhole was his, all his (I suspect there was some manic laughter after that statement).  With a heavy heart, the corp told him f you with their guns and popped and podded him out of their hair.

Because no one had roles, they had to tear down all their own assets, switch corps, and put up new assets in their place under the new corp.  In the words of the diplo:

The old bite me inc DOT is dead, all hail the new bite me inc
Proud member of exhale alliance.

The killmail for the carrier was included, as well as a wonderful image also accompanied this:

It looks like they are coming out of this as a solid, united group.  Kudos to them.  Within hours of all of this, Exhale (including several tired members of BITIN) began fighting the occupants of a Class 6 worm hole.  They initially found a Dominix attempting to collapse a hole, and attempted to put points on it.  However, it apparently had warp core stabs, because the points did not prevent it from warping off to a safe POS.  Exhale decided to send in a devoter to bubble up the hole in an attempt to draw them out to fight.  It worked.  Two Moros, a Triage Archon, and a Loki engaged the devoter.  Exhale sent in their T3 fleet, supported by one of the amazing, cap killing, Bhaalgorns and a few other battleships.  The dreads did not siege, but the Archon went into triage to support them as they began slow boating to the hole in an effort to escape.  They simply were unable to break through the Archon’s reps, losing three ships for the effort.

They began to attempt to bump the Moroses away from the Archon.  A slow process, but it was beginning to work when one of the Moros warped out, despite supposedly having points on it (likely refit lows for stabs on the Archon).  A Nid warped in, after it became obvious what Exhale was attempting to do.  Slow and steady, they eventually pushed the Moros out of range of both carriers.  Exhale reinforcements arrived about the same time, and they eventually burned down all three remaining capitals on the field.

Kill drama.  Kill caps.  Sounds like it was a good day for Exhale.

Bagehi

[spoiler show=”Did we mess up?”]
We want to give you guys the best possible intel, to post as fast as we can confirm it, but Eve being :Eve: is quite confusing. If we messed up with our intel, please contact us directly [email protected], provide the proof of it and we’ll correct it immediately noting the change and bringing the correction on top of the article list.[/spoiler]

If you would like to send intel or contribute, feel free to use the form below:

[spoiler show=”Submit Intel Here”]

[/spoiler]

1. zef

sounds good!

March 1, 2012 at 7:37 pm Reply
  2. The Observer

This is one of those stories that makes me wish I never left w-space. Expensive kills, successful revolution, alliance solidarity….

..wtf bagahi, Now I have to leave low-sec for the nearest wormhole…

March 1, 2012 at 7:42 pm Reply
  3. Cynic

Now that was a good read. My compliments to you sir.

March 1, 2012 at 7:51 pm Reply
  4. Ned Flanders

Good post and good story. Much better read than the usual AHARM propaganda.

March 1, 2012 at 8:01 pm Reply
  5. Chitsa Jason

Go Exhale dot

March 1, 2012 at 8:05 pm Reply
  6. Vega27

I really dont wana call out this story for being inacurrate because it does a great job summarizing what happened.

I want to make sure its known, we didnt take down assets over time in the past week(s). It was done overnight, quickly and efficently before mass roll revokes where dished out. Gallium even missed alts so we still had one or two ppl with enough roles to make steamrolling any standing towers belonging to gallium drop fast [nuthing like pulling all the fuel and stront to make it burn faster =)

Imagine how awkward it was when Gallium (X Ceo) logs on while I'm breaking down my faction tower as fast as possible (thank you ccp for star base changes … dam they came in handy)

The following situation occoured.
    Gallium <warps into main pos thats been cleaned out>
    Gallium (Comms): Vega, somethigns wrong theres been a theft, were going into lockdown.
    Vega(Comms): <Silence>
    Gallium (Comms): Vega , you need to pack your shit up and get ready for me to help you secure your assets
    Vega(Comms): Dont warp, youll get stuck in my boubles!
    Gallium(Comms): Vega get your stuff secured, dont want anyone trying to steal any more assets
    Vega (Comms): Already reacting to it! <continues tearing down pos while roles are getting revoked>

-Soon enough my tower finished its unanchor , Tier 2 Faction Large tower was scooped and then my roles were revoked.-

Dam this games FUN =)

March 2, 2012 at 5:24 am Reply
    3. BigD

2 words:
      EP IC

March 2, 2012 at 1:07 pm Reply
    4. some w-space hermit

One more reason I love w-space. Setting up POSes and moving stuff around? Anywhere else it's an excruciating, boring chore. In w-space, it can be a nail-biting adrenaline panic ride on the right day.

Now imagine someone rolls into you while all this is going on…XD

March 2, 2012 at 1:13 pm Reply
      1. Moirae

i can assure you, there was an adequate force supporting all of it. and yes it was a nailbaiting 30 hours of constant scanning and no sleep..

March 3, 2012 at 6:06 pm Reply
  7. Good job on sorting out the CEO. Fly dangerous o/

March 1, 2012 at 8:22 pm Reply
  8. Two step

CEO switches in w-space can be very tricky things. AHARM was very nearly in the same situation as Bite Me 2 years or so ago. Congrats to the guys who secured their stuff, and best wishes for the future.

March 1, 2012 at 8:35 pm Reply
    1. Anonymous

When you guys booted that emo drama queen Vendrin?

March 5, 2012 at 3:52 am Reply
  9. A nice well written writeup, most of which is accurate.

March 1, 2012 at 8:53 pm Reply
  10. RP_Moment

I wounder how close this clip was to the situation at hand hahaha.

[youtube IPphyjkXnPc&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPphyjkXnPc&feature=related youtube]

March 1, 2012 at 9:24 pm Reply
    1. M1k3y

Dang that'ss a long code o.O

March 1, 2012 at 9:46 pm Reply
  11. bakchich

Bhaalgorns are evil

March 1, 2012 at 9:30 pm Reply
  12. Random Pilot

Did you check out the pod mail? 1.7bil of implants

March 1, 2012 at 9:58 pm Reply
    1. Space Jew

Did u jizz ur pants?

March 1, 2012 at 11:12 pm Reply
  13. F4CE

Cool story bro? So killling a carrier. And airing out drama from a no name corp. Makes news eh?Where do I post?

March 1, 2012 at 10:49 pm Reply
    1. Slartybartfast

no name corps become name corps when they do noteworthy things. Previously I had no idea who Exhale or BITIN were. Now, I do.

Funny how that works.

March 2, 2012 at 12:30 am Reply
    2. WH4LIFE

If not being a part of 0.0 bullshit politics and blob warfare makes a Corp "no-name", then I raise a pint in the air to being and staying "no-name". This is what the people that actually play Eve do on a daily basis instead of wait for the call that the cyno is lit and undock… Lol

Good story!

March 2, 2012 at 1:23 pm Reply
      1. Hahtrul

if you had ever been in wormhole space you would know who the corps are and who the alliance is. not everyone is as ignorant as you :)

March 2, 2012 at 3:16 pm Reply
        1. WHs

Wooo Wormholes !

March 3, 2012 at 6:10 am Reply
        2. wtf

exactly.

March 5, 2012 at 1:56 am Reply
    3. Falcon

I'd rather be a name in a no name corp than a no name in a name corp. In 0.0 you don't have a name, you are slave #23546434.

March 6, 2012 at 11:06 pm Reply
  14. Hahtrul

good post, good story, and especially the part talking about narwhals pretty much entirely false. nice read though :)

March 1, 2012 at 10:50 pm Reply
    1. Jack Miton

Yeah the story sums things up but it's not really very accurate.
      The Narwhals part is very inaccurate in particular.

March 2, 2012 at 5:52 am Reply
      1. Lups

it depends how u look at it jack, it seems fairly accurate to me, good job new bite me inc

March 4, 2012 at 9:43 am Reply
  15. Slumber

Well done, good read … Reminds me of the drama we had going a few years ago.

March 1, 2012 at 11:20 pm Reply
  16. Devore

Some people need to be reminded occasionally that EvE is just pixels.

March 2, 2012 at 3:48 am Reply
  17. CandybarHotrod

Good read

March 2, 2012 at 6:58 am Reply
  18. Uwi M'Bawehp

The best wishes to all the Bite me Inc members! *kwak*
    Don't take shit from nobody, not even your CEO!

March 2, 2012 at 8:27 pm Reply
  19. masterochi

Congratulations to BITIN (Bite Me Inc) for getting around their anal obstacle.

Nothing like a pod enema to clear things out!

March 2, 2012 at 11:11 pm Reply
  20. Grimm the TRUE!

Finally a good article riv (u still a noob)
    cheers o/

March 4, 2012 at 7:34 am Reply
  21. Sir Lomax

I knew Gallium from his time in DUCKS. By far the most paranoid human I have encountered in this game.

Constantly accusing people of taking his ships, saying in coms 'Who took my Ship!?" I'm Removing everyones access till someone gives back my ship"… Ackward silence for 5 mins… … "O here it is, i just moved it to a different hanger" LOL

I once spent 20 mins getting a cycno alt to a jump point for him, to just cancel the request without reason. I'm like " bro.. I spend all this time getting here are you ready?" He just stayed silent for like 10 mins and said he "didn't have a good feeling about it… and thanx anyways" then logged off.

Its funny to see that his own paranoia and control issues resulted in him actually getting killed..

Goes to show you… just because you THINK everyone is out to get you … dosn't mean they arn't.

March 5, 2012 at 8:20 pm Reply
  22. Str3tch2

Nice read,and I find it to be very accurate.

Str3tch2 (CEO) ,Pandora Sphere, Narwhals