Comments

Here is the story of one pilot from a low sec corp causing the death of a super carrier.

The little Helios that could… Kill an Aeon.

Aldali (Domain Region)

Wolodymyr is scouting the area for a new home for his low sec corporation Breaking Ambitions. Flying his Helios he notices an Aeon on scan. Curious he launches scanner probes expecting to find him at a POS. To his surprise he finds the lone super capital vessel shooting a customs office.

When asked as to why he was shooting the structure the Aeon pilot, Cyber God from BLACK-MARK alliance, replied that it was

“faster than doing it in a battleship, and a kill mail is a kill mail.”

Shortly after this, presumably spooked by the scanner probes the Aeon warps to a safe spot and logs off, unaware that shooting the InterBus offices gave him an aggression timer. Wologymyr scans again and finds the Aeon floating in space. After a quick scramble to get an attack drone the Aeon is aggressed and stuck on field indefinitely by this single Helios. Corp mates streamed across from the old corp home in assorted ship, but it quickly becomes apparent that they won’t be able to kill him very quickly and with no heavy interdictor tackle the decision was made to test the batphone.

The older members of Breaking Ambitions had some connections with pilots in Against All Authorities. Quickly the message was passed to an AAA FC who at the time was 30+ jumps away and unable to help. The message was passed to Curatores Veritatis Alliance who immediately prepared their capital fleet and arranged cynos. As this was going on a number of AAA members who had heard about the Aeon clone jump to empire in order to assist in the take down. During this time a friend of the corp, Kernog, frantically burns 21 jumps in his broadsword in order to get an initial infinite point on the Aeon.

CVA Dreadnaughts and carriers cyno in on the Aeon as it hits armour. From then on the fate of the Aeon was sealed. The AAA gang that was too far out initially decided to burn for the system, however the Aeon died as this gang were entering local.

The participants exchange pleasantries in local and almost everyone goes home happy.

Video

– Wonk

——————-

Eve News24 invites you to show your support by liking our CSM thread, it takes less than a minute and every like makes a ton of difference.

Remember to +1 riverini’s CSM Candidacy post at the official EN24 thread.

[spoiler show=”Did we mess up?”]
We want to give you guys the best possible intel, to post as fast as we can confirm it, but Eve being :Eve: is quite confusing. If we messed up with our intel, please contact us directly [email protected], provide the proof of it and we’ll correct it immediately noting the change and bringing the correction on top of the article list.[/spoiler]

If you would like to send intel or contribute, feel free to use the form below:

[spoiler show=”Submit Intel Here”]

[/spoiler]

1. The14th

God, I love these kind of stories. Would love to see the look on that guy's face when he logged back in.

February 26, 2012 at 2:42 am Reply
    1. Eve Inferno: Now with webcam support!!!

February 26, 2012 at 3:16 am Reply
      1. you been looking at my pre rendered CSM video? 😐

February 26, 2012 at 5:54 am Reply
    2. I was there

The more I think about it, the more I think that this particular event exemplifies everything that is right about eve.

1. Interesting stuff happens even in lowsec.

2. The logoffski on aggression fix is working beautifully..

3. No matter how shiny your ship is the super pilot lost it because someone in a T2 frig understood Customs Office aggression mechanics better than he did. Skill > Isk + SP.

4.Some random dude in a 30 man lowsec corp started all this. And they did 20 bil worth of damage to a 1000 man nullsec corp. Talk about butterfly effect.

5. A super died /

6. I looked up Breaking Ambitions and their older members used to be in Controlled Chaos, but they still managed to Batphone AAA, CVA, and Waterboard.

7. The Second highest damage on the KM was an Oracle. Tier 3 BCs are doing exactly what CCP introduced them for. Also no other supercaps on the KM either.

8. This started because he was shooting a Customs Office. Glad to see PI is having an effect on eve.

February 26, 2012 at 9:37 am Reply
      1. gavingoodrich

amen

February 26, 2012 at 2:17 pm Reply
  2. Silentskills

Wait… where's bagehi? Doesn't he normally post this stuff almost as soon as it happens ? lol

February 26, 2012 at 2:42 am Reply
  3. Wolo

So this is the origional battle report I mailed to EN24

OK so we are a lowsec corp, and while scouting out some quiet systems in Amarr lowsec I notice that there is a super on D-Scan. Fortunately I was in a probing helios so I decide to drop probes and do the little scanning minigame. He's probably at a POS, but it I wanted to practice probing anyway, so I decided what the hell, he could be doing something derpy.

Well after probing him out I found that he was indeed derping around outside a customs office around one of the planets shooting at it. While floating cloaked 100 km off him I asked him why on earth he would be alone shooting at a customs office in a super.

He said something to the effect of, "Well it's faster than doing it in a battleship, and a killmail is a killmail." I guess you can't argue with that logic.

But seeing my combat scanner probes on scan and actually talking to me was probably worrying him a bit so he warps to a safe and logs off. Little does he know that the InterBus offices still give you the aggression timer, which doesn't let you log off for another 15 minutes. So I probe him down again and warp to him.

He's lazily floating in space and I am in the mood for a ridiculous killmail so I try to aggres him to keep him from disappearing. Unfortunately all I had on my helios was a scram, web, and one ewar drone. None of which seemed to want to effect the super carrier.

So I go 1 jump out to buy a light drone then fly back and shoot at him. Finally we get him stuck on field and a few of our corp is scratching at his shields with random battlecruisers.

We text our CEO and start telling people to wake up and get their dreads. Also we decided to test out our batphoning abilities. We have made a few friends in null over the years and there were some people in lowsec that we were buddy buddy with.

So we batphone our friends who batphone their friends. And being the nature of relationships in eve we get a bunch of nullsec people who are actually hostile to one another to show up. This is about the point our tiny little lowsec corp decides not to drop it's entire cap fleet into this mess. Everyone decides not to shoot at each other for a bit and we blow up the super. At which point we have a nice little lowsec mexican standoff as a bunch of sieged dreads stare each other down and everyone else tries to ninja loot the wreck.

February 26, 2012 at 2:44 am Reply
    1. Deals_are_Big

Great addition to the report, I particularly like the Mexican standoff after the super died.

February 29, 2012 at 12:42 am Reply
  4. sup

cool burger

February 26, 2012 at 2:59 am Reply
  5. Dude

Cool vid .. for future reference, if he activated mods before he logged, they will remain active even when he logs.

February 26, 2012 at 3:06 am Reply
  6. Mugre (CEO BKN)

BKN FTW!

February 26, 2012 at 3:17 am Reply
  7. CONFRIMIGN ANOHTER GRATE SUPRE CARRYIER !

ALSO LETS US TO SEEIGN MANY MANY MOR KM FUR THESE.

KEEP UP GOOD POASTIGN!

February 26, 2012 at 3:24 am Reply
  8. CareBearStares

lol Man.. I bet he's regretting that killmail comment at the very least when he logs on in a station with a flashing email and an Impairor waiting on him.

February 26, 2012 at 3:48 am Reply
  9. killroy

good job guys

February 26, 2012 at 4:12 am Reply
  10. <3 Test Alliance

dont go for the loot – _- 1 its cva they dont shoot logged on players – so ya fine
    2 its cva they dont shoot neutrals
    3 – its not worth that much typically the fittings are worth over 2 billion -_- Fail Fail Fail

February 26, 2012 at 5:09 am Reply
    1. lowsec

Anybody in lowsec who says they don't shoot neuts is a goddamn liar.

February 26, 2012 at 6:38 am Reply
      1. CFC With Intellect

Was deployed to lowsec late last year, Querious to be exact, and goddamn; if it didn't have blue alliance standings, you better believe it got blapped. So you're right on the mark, ALWAYS shoot neuts in lowsec.

February 26, 2012 at 7:35 am Reply
        1. The Observer

ummm…Querious isn't low-sec…

And CVA does say that they are "NRDS" but that's a load of shit to get noobs into their systems for easy kills. Also, their KOS list is like a bazillion pages long.

February 26, 2012 at 11:06 am Reply
  11. Death2supercaps

Well, this will be a black mark against his name.

February 26, 2012 at 6:42 am Reply
  12. Kowalski

yep shit happenz… but I would like to see after party as well :P:P

February 26, 2012 at 9:38 am Reply
  13. Urziel99

Dead Supercap, Best Supercap.

The fact that it died to a Helios pilot acting on a hunch just makes it all the better.

February 26, 2012 at 9:42 am Reply
  14. pam pam

"…and a kill mail is a kill mail."
    Yes, it is:)

February 26, 2012 at 10:29 am Reply
  15. African

Love to see that KOS list.

February 26, 2012 at 11:24 am Reply
  16. starranger

lol

February 26, 2012 at 11:50 am Reply
  17. zef

so CVA are called AAA in this film or am i deaf?

nice karma though, cva loosing a super and killing a super.

February 26, 2012 at 12:58 pm Reply
    1. Manks_Girl

Exactly what I thought lol….

February 26, 2012 at 1:20 pm Reply
  18. 0.0

I wonder if he didn't got agression from something else, like one of his two (!!) ECM Burst ? I was killing a INB Custom Office last week, went back to my tower and logged off expecting to stay there for 15 minutes, and to my surprise I saw my ship disappear only one minute later. Still as it is at the very least highly suspicious (to me log-off mechanics are right up there with POS agression in the 'anything can happen' domain) I would never count on it

February 26, 2012 at 1:08 pm Reply
    1. Rezilliant

He warped off to a safe spot not a POS so he was just floating out in space. He was an idiot for not staying logged on cloaked for the 15 min aggression timer to run out. If he would have warped to a POS there was nothing anyone could have done to it

February 26, 2012 at 2:38 pm Reply
  19. CVA Grunt

CVA Are NRDS and will not shoot you if you are indeed a neutral Pilot, Providence is open to anyone to come into and use as long as you dont act like a retard and shoot the place up.

Obey the KOS list and CVA rules of the area and you wont have any problems living free of charge in Providence exploring the area, mining, ratting, killing bad guys etc.

February 26, 2012 at 2:32 pm Reply
  20. Zak Z

The Department of Defence regrets to inform you that your son's Aeon died because he was stupid.

February 26, 2012 at 7:18 pm Reply
  21. Tempest

Cybergod got booted from his corp it seems, good riddance I say!

February 29, 2012 at 1:34 am Reply
  22. Devil

Nub A: Should we try and loot it?
    Nub B: na its not gonna be worth that much

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I guess we can chalk this up to them starting out and not know alot. Still funny

March 4, 2012 at 5:53 pm Reply