EVE University graduate. Drama Llama. Covert operations pilot. Poetic Stanziel has been very active in the blogging community bringing views from seasoned high-sec pilots, we please to share his stories and views on current Eve Online events and invite you to read more stories from his Poetic Discourse blog.

Poetic Discourse: The CCP Loot Fleets – Naïve?

I’m not sure why CCP seems surprised over the outrage and whining that has resulted from their loot fleets. Seems the inevitable outcome to me. Any person that doesn’t feel they have the skillpoints, the PvP skills, the luck of the draw (on looting ships fast enough) or the social network to form an effective enough fleet is going to scream bloody murder. They’re going to feel screwed out of the prizes.

I’m not participating at all in the loot fleet battles. But I’m not crying about them either. To the people that participate go the spoils. I’m not participating because I figure I’ll end up losing far more than gaining. Plus, if I did participate and didn’t get any loot, I’d feel peeved about the events (just like the people who are peeved but not participating.) So, I’m not participating, I’m not feeling annoyed. It’s as easy as that.

Watching from the sidelines, reading all the rage and tears on the forums, it seems to me that CCP is a tad surprised at the vehemence of the responses, as if they didn’t quite anticipate the outrage. That’s really quite amusing. Can they really be that naïve?

If CCP wanted to limit the outrage, create a fairer system where everyone had a chance at loot, they would have run a lottery. “Hey, everyone, we’re giving away 75 PLEX. We’ll randomly raffle them off to any non-trial account created and paid for before December 07 2011.” Boom! Who the fuck can bitch and moan about that? (I’m sure a couple people would find a way “This favours people with multiple accounts! Waugh!”, but far fewer whiners overall.)

– Poetic Stanziel

[spoiler show=”Did we mess up?”]
We want to give you guys the best possible intel, to post as fast as we can confirm it, but Eve being :Eve: is quite confusing. If we messed up with our intel, please contact us directly [email protected], provide the proof of it and we’ll correct it immediately noting the change and bringing the correction on top of the article list.[/spoiler]

If you would like to send intel or contribute, feel free to use the form below:

[spoiler show=”Submit Intel Here”]

[/spoiler]

1. anatlasgoon

TL;DR: I don't want to seem like I'm crying, but wouldn't it be cooler if the rewards for killing CCP's fleet were just given to everybody instead of the people who killed CCP's fleet?

December 10, 2011 at 12:38 pm Reply
    1. I would prefer to think the TL;DR is: "To the people that participate go the spoils."

I don't care what they do. Was just surprised that they seemed surprised at the anger and outrage. If they want to limit the whining, the solution is socialism. :) I don't care either way. Seriously. I just find the drama of it all, hilarious.

December 10, 2011 at 9:11 pm Reply
    2. Gumpin

what if there were no awards? You just got to kill CCP members.

Instead of billions of immediate isk and trillions of t2 BPO isk forever and ever going to whichever powerbloc arrives first.

If they want to make the rich richer we can just vote in republican CCP 😀

December 10, 2011 at 11:55 pm Reply
      1. anatlasgoon

They're not T2 BPOs. They're BPCs.

December 11, 2011 at 12:52 am Reply
        1. DeadTitansEveryWhere

says ccp and who really thinks there telling the truth? 2 times now PL and NC. have been right on top of the ccp fleet, coincidence? I think not. This is a easy way for ccp to pass massive isk to PL and NC. as those are there favorite alliances.

And JFK wasnt shot, he was needed on mars!!

December 11, 2011 at 2:06 am Reply
          1. FormerWIDOTTER

Careful that tinfoil hat of yours is showing. CCP are just trying to have fun shut the hell up and join in.

December 11, 2011 at 4:31 am
          2. anatlasgoon

You know, if CCP wanted to give PL some T2 BPOs, they could just give PL some T2 BPOs instead of making a big show of it.

December 11, 2011 at 8:58 am
      2. DarthNefarius

Here's my favorite CCP loot drop so far http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=118

December 11, 2011 at 2:36 am Reply
    3. Silentskills

+1 internetz

December 11, 2011 at 12:30 am Reply
  2. DRP is fun

My advice is to join an alliance that does form up and PvP.

Instead of being in an alliance that does not and logs in to forum to cry about people that did.

Seriously, these live events can turn into one hell of a 0.0 alliance FFA, no supers, no rules and PHAt loot at the end (should make something that holds the field at the end (at a specific time) gets the loot.

December 10, 2011 at 12:51 pm Reply
  3. moarasperger

"I’m not participating because I figure I’ll end up losing far more than gaining." Well then, why don`t you just kindly STFU and go back to empire because damn you sound like a empire whinny pubbie faggot. Can`t get any more fair than this, as CCP goes in on it`s own and whoever has the balls and and manpower to engage them does so.

I seriously don`t think these events are about lewt or l00t or whatever the fuck you want to call it. It`s an opportunity to kick a CCP employee in the face and blow up their spaceship pixels.

December 10, 2011 at 1:33 pm Reply
    1. observer

Next time they do it they should come out in CONCORD ships. 40 CCP show up and just decimate the 200+ vultures who showed up to feed. THEN you would hear crying and screaming.

December 10, 2011 at 2:15 pm Reply
      1. Lorren Canada

Did you see their fits and implants this time around? Us and PL were all 'wololool we're gonna whoop these pubbies so hard' and instead we go in and get raped for the first ten minutes before really pulling out of range and settling down for an hour long slugfest. Go look at their fits and implants and it will blow your mind. Those abaddons had somewhere between 350,000-400,000 EHP.

December 10, 2011 at 4:26 pm Reply
        1. DarthNefarius

Maybe the reasons that CCP's fits looked so strange the first time around was because of the implants that they have. The POD KM's now show CCP's advantage: https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboard/view_kihttp://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item.php?type_

December 10, 2011 at 4:44 pm Reply
  4. SW GRUNT

well ccp dont know how to pvp , they shot random targets , if let say they would get a good nullsec FC , with there fits and implants they will rape some ass , anyway nr1 for CCP i guess they are learning what is eve all about

December 10, 2011 at 2:09 pm Reply
    1. Lorren Canada

Actually this time around they were very good and wicked hard to kill. I've heard (reportedly) that the famous Elise Randolph of PL was fcing for them which would make sense considering how it was the toughest fight TEST/PL has had since coming south.

December 10, 2011 at 4:21 pm Reply
  5. james

And how does being American do anything with anything? Are you implying that only American's are the ones who are complaining about all the loot that was ninja'ed? Yes socialism is the plague, yes I do favor the current loot system, and yes I am American. People should be mad at the ninja looters and not CCP.

December 10, 2011 at 3:16 pm Reply
  6. MM_Grunt_001

A "fair" system? Wtf is that? Welcome to the sandbox – HTFU or GTFO.

December 10, 2011 at 3:49 pm Reply
    1. Lorren Canada

well at least MM has something right about this game :O

December 10, 2011 at 4:19 pm Reply
  7. DarthNefarius

Looks to me that the loot drops where destroyed by all the bombing runs that where happeneing. Also at the end CCP had begun to suicide themselves at the gate before they got surrounded by PL & NC

December 10, 2011 at 4:41 pm Reply
  8. it's raining here

All this guy ever does is complain.

December 10, 2011 at 4:50 pm Reply
  9. Virtually every part of this game DOES favor the EUTZ over the USTZ, though. And people on the west coast like myself are thoroughly screwed. I go to bed last night with the Polaris thing the top news item on login. I wake up this morning and the event is OVER. And I assure you, I didn't sleep in.

LEs, mass tests, static sites, even market trading all strongly favor the EUTZ player, with US players getting the scraps.

December 10, 2011 at 6:36 pm Reply
    1. BREAKING NEWS: ICELANDIC WORKING HOURS DO NOT COINCIDE WITH US TIMEZONES. MORE AT 11 (EVETIME)

December 10, 2011 at 7:26 pm Reply
      1. Gumpin

An EU corp's game with a large EU player base (and aussie/NZ) not having a majority of set piece times for US?

WE MUST CRY LOUDER ABOUT THIS!

December 10, 2011 at 11:58 pm Reply
    2. DarthNefarius

Damn lazy CCP GM's & DEV's should be forced by Hellmer to do a live event on a weekend in an Asian timezone perrferably on Christmas 😛 baaaaaHUMBUG

December 11, 2011 at 12:14 am Reply
  10. Lykouleon

Stop posting.

December 10, 2011 at 6:46 pm Reply
  11. wutwut

"When you want to limit whining, think socialism. (In their real lives, Americans treat socialism like it’s a plague rat, but they fucking love it in their MMOs.)"

Good god, STFU, moron…

December 10, 2011 at 8:05 pm Reply
  12. DarthNefarius

While CCP's choice of a cyno jammed incursion system this time was an improvement it still handed handed the advantage to NULL SEC alliances again. 30+ jumps into NULL SEC really cut down on the previous hilarious chaos which was visited on Tama before the Titans hotdropped. A visit to a lo sec incursion would have REALLY been more chaotic with an influx of HI Sec noobs… was fun to see the bombing runs though flashing many a drone ( & corpse? )

December 10, 2011 at 9:01 pm Reply
    1. anatlasgoon

Wait, weren't you the guy who was complaining a few articles back that you didn't want PVP imposed on you, and now you're complaining because the PVP isn't close enough?

December 12, 2011 at 1:48 pm Reply
      1. DarthNefarius

nope

December 12, 2011 at 9:10 pm Reply
  13. Imigo

I think what CCP are trying to do with this (just like with Incursions) is encourage people to get out of their comfort zones and get together to go out and risk something to gain something worthwhile, even if that is a thrilling experience (which people who hug highsec don't really get).

December 11, 2011 at 6:38 am Reply
  14. THAT'S A LOT OF WORDS JUST TO SAY THAT YOU ARE HURT THAT THAT GUY IN THE NOOBSHIP PICKED UP THAT PLEX BEFORE YOU GOT TO IT.

December 11, 2011 at 1:12 pm Reply
  15. Zapranoth

Heh… it's reward enough to kill CCP pilots… loot is just icing on the cake.

December 11, 2011 at 4:15 pm Reply
  16. Fu!!!!

yeah CCP does it to hear the crying tho thats the best part……..i think most PvPers play eve for the tears…i know i do

December 12, 2011 at 6:09 am Reply
  17. Little Fistter

With the Aurora implants, how could they lose??? Those are game=breaking enhancements!

I mean I know they need to be uber and all, but damn, 50% bonuses???

Would'nt it be better if one or two of them played officers and each hit a different region? A little role playing as named officers?

December 12, 2011 at 3:09 pm Reply