While the two Titans and single Nyx The Initiative / Gypsy Band destroyed is quite impressive, the other big story this weekend was the WormHole Wars.

World War W: Russian WormHole Wars rattle the Eve Online Netherworld.

As null sec continues to stagnate, w-space begins to bloom. Word has begun to seep out of w-space that major battles are starting to take place as alliances and coalitions form, jostling for power in the complicated and convoluted expanse known as wormholes. In battle lines reminiscent of the Cold War Era, Russian speaking alliance vs English speaking alliance wars have broke out in various hot point systems.

Beginning this past weekend (9/23), shit got real.

It all started with… Brotherhood of Starbridge (the core alliance of the w-space Russian power bloc) was expanding their space in a similar way to the DRF expansion in null. Namely: dump a pile of expensive ships into a system, reinforce everything important, log off until the reinforcement timers end, and then finish the job. Unfortunately for Starbridge, you can’t field supers in w-space. So they went with the next best thing, a blob of RR tengus and capitals (blob is a relative term, this is w-space where a dozen people in a system is a bustling system).

[spoiler show=”Show WormRaider Fit”]
riverini insist in calling this one the WormRaider unless someone propose a better name[/spoiler]

Inevitably, Starbridge shot up the POS of someone who could fight back. The defenders had friends and jumped on the batphone to call up Narwhals Ate My Duck (an awesome alliance name). Narwhals showed up and shot things and made Starbridge look bad by killing some POSs… and billions worth of ships.

LINKAGE

One of the most powerful corporations in w-space is AQUILA INC. I didn’t capitalize that for emphasis, that’s their corp name (to differentiate themselves from the two dozen other Aquila corps). Aquila is so frightening, they’re peers with entire w-space alliances. Due to their imposing PvP acumen, Aquila holds J100549, a cozy little class-5 by themselves. A system that would turn almost anyone in game green with envy.

EVE MAPS LINKAGE

Aquila and Narwhals are BFFs. After the beating Starbridge received from Narwhals and friends, they decided they were going to attack what they assumed to be the soft underbelly, Aquila. Over the course of a month, Starbridge moved capital ships into Aquila space. On the 23rd, the body of the Starbridge fleet jumped into J1.

This image started to fly around forums. A truly impressive display of force. Following the tried and true DRF battle plan, they reinforced the main Aquila POS in short order, then proceeded to relax at their staging POS for the reinforce timer to count down.

Meanwhile, Aquila was busy requesting reinforcements, knowing even the most tenacious defense they could throw at the invaders would be little more than a stalling tactic against a force that size. Narwhals began forming up what would eventually be epic wormhole fleet.

Aquila began harassing the invaders. Their first engagement was a “loss”

AKILA. Battle Summary

Aquila kept it up though, taking out stragglers for several hours. Meanwhile, Narwhals and friends had formed an impressive fleet. An impressively bored fleet. So, the FC decided it was time to start looking for targets of opportunity. Probers head out in search of Starbridge systems and come back with a hit. The fleet moves out and puts a lightly defended POS into reinforce. Though it wasn’t a mythical “no stront” POS, it only had 15 hours of stront. So it was marked for later. Back to the waiting game.

Unlike null, there is more to waiting out timers in w-space. You have to continuously probe down entrance holes and close them. Starbridge apparently thought it would be a good idea to use their primary logistical ship, an orca, to bounce back and forth through the wormholes to close them quickly. Aquila apparently has balls, because they put together a 20 man gang to engage the wormhole closing gang in hopes of keeping a entrance open long enough for Narwhals to pour in. Probably a combination of luck and skill, but they caught the WH closing gang and made short work of the Orca.

LINKAGE

And the three towers it was carrying.

LINKAGE

Needless to say, that was a wrench in the Starbridge invasion doctrine. If you have ever seen the movie “A Bridge Too Far” this scene sums up the engagement well.

I imagine any surrender offer from the Russians to “avoid further, needless bloodshed” would have been given a response resembling “we’re sorry, but we haven’t the proper facilities to accept your surrender” from Aquila. The balls were just that epic in proportions. With Russian prime time coming soon, this fight, while epic in itself, merely amused the attacking general. “Flatten Banana Hammock.”

Of course, XXX Corps… errr… Narwhals… reached the final bridge… err… wormhole. Starbridge forces ran for their POS, which NATO (the Aquila, Narwhal, Transmission, K162, etc coalition) reinforced promptly.

The details of the next development are rather hazy, but amount to the NATO fleet obtaining the password (9043) to the Starbridge POS. This resulted in a hilariously one-sided bump’n’bash, as many Starbridge pilots decided it was a good idea to go AFK in a POS.

LINKAGE

The POS was then rape caged and NATO fleet members were provided with a steady stream of “log on into a bubble” treats.

http://kb.eveaquila.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13330

Starbridge pilots organized an escape out of game and about 50 ships logged in during the early hours of the 25th and burned for an exit wormhole, escaping the fate of the rest of the fleet. Eventually the POS was popped.

Battle Summary

In the end, over 20b isk was lost.

Campaign Stats

Quite an epic battle. Good Fight to all involved.

Raw Intel

Basically, it was the biggest fleet ever formed in wh space, making this system 4th most dangerous in eve.

It was 144 Russian coalition rr tengu fleet vs a coalition of a ‘whos who of wh corps’ numbering at its peak 114.

This battle kicked off the start to a great wormhole war taking place now. Basically Russians vs West, the ‘NATO’ coaltion is on the war path and about to remove a big russian entity from wh space.

I wrote the following battle-report:
[spoiler show=”Show Battle Report”]

The Battle Of Banana Hammock

The war has begun! The soulless care bear coalition of soviet fascists A.K.A. U.S.S.R. (United In Sleeper Site Running) offensive has failed.

The Russian butt rape that took place this weekend could only be blamed on their weak moral fibre for picking fights with 6:1 odds, and stubbornly flying their fail RR tengu fleets. We innocent little puppied eyed, monocle wearing, god fearing, freedom loving trolls of Aquila were able to pull a ‘David vs. Goliath’ get control of our static before the Russian sunrise, where NATO forces came rushing in to the rescue. *De Ja Vu?

*On the Russian forums they referred to this as ‘Russian Genocide’.

I have been privileged enough now to give you a completely unbiased battle report on what happened this weekend in J100549; 4th most violent system in Eve.

Day One 1: How A Simple Russian Sleep-er Over Op turned into Crushing Defeat.

We knew this day was coming. A full month before we had caught a Russian Naglafar jump in via our static and log off. We’ve had Russian probes appear on scan in our system daily for a month. Only thing we in Aquila could to was to deny them any easy entrance, and to start prepping for eventual war. Well, after a month we kind of got lazy, asking ourselves “will this really happen?”, and had left a hi-sec entrance off our static wide open for a few hours.

Bad Fucking Idea

*Russian screenshot from eve.ru of a 144 man fleet in our wormhole. Needless to say, our scout had to go change his underwear. Funny to think that 24 hours after this post, there was another post complaining about our NATO blob.

So these communist dogs start barking on our main death star POS with the help of 4 Dreads that they managed to sneak in. Then reinforcing a second POS shortly after. During this time, we had about 8-10 people online, kinda scratching our heads on what to do.
First idea was to try a little alpha. It wasn’t very successful.

Our ‘hostage’, a Narwhales director that we reluctantly allow to live with us, expresses his Stockholm syndrome towards his captors, by bat phoning pretty much every WH corp that shares our feelings towards communist aggression. A N.A.T.O rescue fleet stages in Hi-Sec with about 80 in fleet, waiting for some type of entrance.
Very late at night, the Russian B-Team takes over, their fleet numbering around 30, and are in full control of our static exit. After having our main ‘anti-tengu blob’ theory fleet fail, we agree to say ‘fuck this, lets nano fag this shit’.

Surprisingly, our battle hardened 0.0 warriors stunned these russian carebears with our 0.0 nano faggotry tactics; where the 12 of us could stay on field and not die to their 30man fleet. Their RR tengu ball starts to fall appart when various pilots try and Leerrroooyy into us leaving their tengu’s 6km rep range. We snag 2x Tengu, Dram, Cheetah, Drake & Rapier while only losing one of our Drakes.

The enemy FC calls a warp-out. We take advantage of this by sending in a few scanners. They quickly return and cycle a Moros through it, leaving one of our scanners out. We scan the new static, send scanners in. This time anchoring a pull bubble on the hole. This still doesn’t work as the tengu fleet makes quick work of the bubble, cycle, and traps another scanner out.

At our darkest hour, with only 1 hour left before we knew the main Russian A-Team were bound to wake up, the gods smiled upon us and granted us a k162 to 0.0. We were getting desperate.

The Russian’s send their full fleet on top of this new 0.0 hole, while their Moros and Orca cycle it. Our remaining members go out to fight them, nanofag round 2! The enemies support fleet was disorganized in warping in, leaving a lone basilisk to die, before the second landed which too was swiftly removed. Next we killed an orca that dropped 3 control towers. Scuppering their plans for elongating their stay in our wormhole. The battle continues, their reps are holding strongly, so we send two of our warriors to reship to pure caldari jams. The enemy fleet retreats back into their POS having lost a good chunk of their fleet. After the dust had settled, we had traded a Tempest, for the enemies 2x Bassi, Orca, Drake, Arazu, 6x Tengus.
http://kb.eveaquila.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=13276

Battered and bruised, but morale shinning out our asses, we warp over to our static, anchor a pull bubble for anti-dread cycling. Sit and camp, while our scanners find a low-sec for our NATO reinforcements. The battle of the static has been won at the very last minute. Any longer and the full force of the Russians would have logged on leaving us helpless.

Day 2: Russian Genocide

After the NATO forces had settled in, we had absolute control in the hole. We quickly went and reinforced their POS. The attackers were now hunkered down in their POS; asking themselves how such an easy and sure POS bashing Op, could turn so ugly. Their morale was dropping accordingly, as there were now 90 dudes camping a rape caged POS.

If things could not get any uglier for the Russians…. well they did. An Aquila member who *happens* to speak fluent Russian, and who *happens* to have many alts, *randomly* figures out their POS password! (9043)

Time for some macherial action
AFK Russians learn being AFK Russian is a bad idea.

That mammoth had 500 million ISK in scourge fury…..
We also looted their GSC’s containing A LOT of spare mods and ammo.

Not only did the NATO forces drag their morale all over the mud. We bent over to take a giant spirally turd over it as well.

During the day, Russians would keep logging on and bouncing off their bubble, keeping our hungry killmail whores entertained camping the rape caged POS.

Watching 40-50 Russians POS spin all day was getting a little boring, so we sent a little nano fleet to bait the Russians out their POS. Our nano fleet managed to kill and drake, and pull a majority of them 10-20km outside the POS fields, when we then gave the command to warp in the entire static camping armor fleet at 0, killing the unfortunate souls that strayed too far.

During US TZ of the second night, retards were *still* bouncing off their POS shields.

Day Three: Russian Ninja Escape

Sneaky Russians being sneaky, had organized an early morning alarm clock OP for the remaining 50+ pilots to all log on at the same time. Our fleet at the time was a mismash of EU early birds, and US all-nighters busy repping Aquila’s incapped guns.
The Russian, with the numerical advantage and organization decided to…………..

Run away, yes, they fucking ran away. In less than 10 minutes of logging on, they had blown a path through their bubbled POS. Warped to the static, and jumped on through.

*This is what they managed to ninja escape with. (ships missing on the overview scroll)

So, all that was left to do was to kill idiots *STILL* bouncing of their POS. We even found the time to go on a little 0.0 roam. Then later repp’d our POS, and got everyone that helped to KM whore their POS when it came out of RF.

VICTORY

CAMPAIGN LINKAGE

First battle of NATO vs USSR has been won. The second taking place shortly. If you are Russian and care bear all day, I suggest you GTFO of WH Space, and keep to botting.

THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT CAME TO OUR SUPPORT.

[/spoiler]

Kasparas, who was in contact with us during the engagement also published a battlereport:

[spoiler show=”Show Battle Report”]

Battle report from the side of DUCK alliance (not so awesome cause i suck at writing BRs):

The story of how the fighting between Russian alliances and English speaking alliances has started:

About a month or so ago (can not remember exactly) Brotherhood of Starbridge has invaded one of our satellite systems. We formed up defended the system and in retaliation invaded 2 of their systems. Both systems were razed with losses on both sides but mostly on Russian side.

At that point only DUCK AQUILA and Talocan United were involved as numbers were managable by both sides.

So we have finished the war, and went to do other things just to find out that Starbridge is moving capitals into AQUILA wormhole. Some time has passed and Russian forces actually invaded.

The actual fight. Day one:

Our alliance director who is living in Aquila wormhole has reported that Russian forces have gathered 150 man fleet on the wormhole. DUCK leadership has decided that we can not handle such fleet alone and we are in need of support. Mails were sent, after about one hour we had 80 man T3/logistics fleet ready in high sec to engage. Russians have collapsed the original entrance so all we could do is plan and wait for wormhole control to slow down.

Aquila did a great job at finding an exit and demoralizing the bigger attacking force by using 100mn Tengus and general nano ships. Wormhole control was seized late night. Combined reinforcement fleet got in numbering great amounts of Armor T3 ships and logistics to counter Russian RR Tengu fleet.

Day 2:

Russian staging POS gets quickly into RF mode. With help of some meta gaming POS shield password is discovered and enemy capitals are bumped out just to die quickly in the fire.
Throughout a day a number of small skirmishes begin.

Day 3:

Russians pull alarm clock escape op when our forces are at weakest point.
Russian POS gets destroyed and official victory is announced.

Conclusion:

Russians lost about 17-20bil in assets while English speaking alliances amounted to loose maximum of 2bil isk.
http://narwhals.eve-kill.net/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=13324

This was probably one of the biggest Invasions/Defence operations so far in wspace where multiple alliances have ganged up together in the face of overwhelming enemy.

This time Russians lost… Is it going to be so next time?

Chitsa Jason
DUCK Leadership

[/spoiler]

Huge WH battles are to come!

Alot of Russian WH alliances are currently figthing Aquila in J100549. 150-200 fleet with 95% of the members offline or not in the WH. They control the WH but there has been intel leaks from Aquila friendly alliances that they are gathering forces right now.
It all started with a normal WH OP to siege some random alliance POS. It has now escalated too cover almost all Russian WH PvP corps/alliances and alot of the englishspeaking community fighting against them.

A post made on eve forums about one of the Russian alliances 1.5 week ago:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=9119

Back to today. We are currently Destroying POS by POS in J100549 while they try to gather forces outside.

Some leaked mails from the english alliances:

“[spoiler show=”Show Leaked Alliance Email”]

“russians
From: Zariah Oken
To: Talocan United [TALUN],
ALLIANCE
One of our Allies has come under attack in their home system.

TALUN has been given the honor of being asked to participate in the defence of an Aquila home system alongside Narwhals and LOST.

Rally system is austraka.

Please bring ECM, Logi and Armor Fleet

Please all attend as this is a very important step for TALUN and Aquilas relationship.

COMMS Teamspeak 3 : 64.46.44.91:5875
Password: ducksoapdish

Best behaviour lets show them what talun is made of.

Z””

I’m in the russian alliance FYI. Please rewrite all text except the mails that are copied from ingame.
Oh and you didn’t get this from me :< Ziirn - Director of StarHug"

[/spoiler]

– Bagehi

[spoiler show=”Did we mess up?”]
We want to give you guys the best possible intel, to post as fast as we can confirm it, but Eve being :Eve: is quite confusing. If we messed up with our intel, please contact us directly [email protected], provide the proof of it and we’ll correct it immediately noting the change and bringing the correction on top of the article list.[/spoiler]

If you would like to send intel or contribute, feel free to use the form below:

[spoiler show=”Submit Intel Here”]

[/spoiler]

76 Comments

  1. sup

    You, good sir, should write more articles!

    September 27, 2011 at 11:16 pm Reply
  2. Samej_Arkanus

    EN24 Bagehi Best Bagehi

    September 27, 2011 at 11:27 pm Reply
  3. Stauf

    I love the banner for the article. Event Horizon was just one of those horrible movies you have to love. We won't need eyes to see when CCP screws up EVE more because life won't be worth living.

    September 27, 2011 at 11:28 pm Reply
    1. Thanks man,

      Regarding the move, I totally agree, I also tried to make the reference that living in wormhole is hell compared to other parts of space (difficulty wise).

      September 27, 2011 at 11:30 pm Reply
      1. ZedoTelhado

        Indeed

        September 28, 2011 at 2:40 pm Reply
    2. ViperRum

      How dare you sir. Event Horizon is one of the few science fiction movies to utilize Lovecraftian elements in its story. Many go into the movie thinking it is just a science fiction movie, no, no, no it is a horror movie in a science fiction setting.

      September 28, 2011 at 12:18 am Reply
      1. HavenShallBurn

        +1 for mentioning Lovecrafts Horrorfanatasy

        September 28, 2011 at 8:53 am Reply
      2. Stauf

        I'm glad you agree it was a horrible movie that you have to love.

        September 28, 2011 at 11:33 pm Reply
  4. Cap'n Soap
    September 27, 2011 at 11:42 pm Reply
    1. Cap'n Soap

      Thats the video of the bumpage ; D

      September 27, 2011 at 11:43 pm Reply
      1. I would like to point out that it was "Talocan United" assisting, and NOT the "Talocan Empire" (full name Revival of the Talocan Empire) as listed, who are a bit more fail. 😉

        September 28, 2011 at 6:57 am Reply
  5. http://youtu.be/KOV62h3gltg?hd=1 video of the dread pos bump you referenced

    September 27, 2011 at 11:44 pm Reply
  6. anon

    For those who are wondering the english speaking coalition consisted also of AHARM, TALUN, and LOST members. I was a member of TALUN who was there for this, it was quite fun.

    September 27, 2011 at 11:47 pm Reply
    1. Cap'n Soap

      Norcorp too!

      September 27, 2011 at 11:52 pm Reply
      1. c.e

        Yup norcorp was there as well. Bringin ze bubblies!!

        September 28, 2011 at 4:59 am Reply
        1. dephekt

          Norcorp was super helpful during that particular engagement for sure. I can say personally Norcorp has been helpful to us in a lot of other ways besides just this too, like pro scanning.

          September 28, 2011 at 5:34 am Reply
  7. WhatsMyNameAgain

    The Starbridge & Friends fleet running away:
    http://i.imgur.com/dM38I.png

    September 28, 2011 at 12:09 am Reply
    1. dephekt

      I'm imaging them here with their tails tucked between their legs, sadly beaten and going back to Soviet Russian w-space (what's left of it).

      September 28, 2011 at 5:25 am Reply
  8. thiscall

    you really have a *thing* for DRF references, don't you?
    otherwise, very interesting article.

    September 28, 2011 at 12:26 am Reply
    1. Mess

      Actually the russians invading were blue to Red Alliance and use dthe blue status to get in caps via null exits.

      September 28, 2011 at 1:47 am Reply
      1. Guest

        Not true.

        September 28, 2011 at 10:22 am Reply
    2. bagehi

      The log off in the target system after reinforcing structures thing is almost exclusively a DRF thing, as far as I was aware. It is a solid tactic which seems to work well. Starbridge did a variation on it that failed in this case.

      September 28, 2011 at 8:38 pm Reply
      1. SirBacon

        Log off in target system could work, if they weren't rapecaged every fucking place they logged off at. Wspace scanners are good, EVERY single capital they snuck in had their logoff spot found weeks ahead of time and completely rapecaged to fuck making them waste time. At least they were nice enough to remove the 400+ bubbles on dscan during their attack.

        September 29, 2011 at 5:40 am Reply
  9. Lathlrilanq

    Mess with the best and you die like the rest!

    Big hand to all those who came to lend a hand kicking the ruskis outta our hole, shame i could only be there for part of it.

    Smooches to Starbridge and Co

    September 28, 2011 at 12:31 am Reply
  10. Seraph IX Basarab

    Nice. One of the best reports in a long time.

    September 28, 2011 at 12:48 am Reply
  11. Dizsen

    wow. very nice going guys. scouting/moving all of those ships around must have been a huge pita.

    September 28, 2011 at 1:07 am Reply
    1. The scouts definitely deserve credit for their hard work. A lot of the times chains were already available and it was a matter of knowing what system to jump to to get involved. Really good organization by the coalition leaders and the individual alliance heads that put a lot of work into organizing things.

      September 28, 2011 at 3:10 am Reply
      1. Dizsen

        Ya I lived in a nested c4 for awhile and thought finding routes out for that was a chore so I can only imagine what your scouts went through.

        September 28, 2011 at 10:28 am Reply
        1. dephekt

          One would be surprised how quickly a chain can be scanned out by only a few people with good scanning skills and the proper technique and organization.

          September 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm Reply
          1. Dizsen

            "…few people…"
            ya that would help alot. Most times it was just me sadly. Small corp blues lol.

            September 29, 2011 at 12:02 am
          2. dephekt

            I just had to solo scan a way out of a random wh chain by myself, so I know where you're coming from. Finding those unoccupied systems with 15 sigs of just sites before you find the wormholes.

            September 29, 2011 at 2:29 am
          3. c.e

            Decent scan skills and a knowledge of where wh's statistically appear can make that much less of a chore.

            Faction up, bump your skills and its not that bad.

            September 29, 2011 at 8:21 pm
          4. dephekt

            Covops V, Pinpointing V, etc already. Using sisters launcher and probes, deep space and sisters core. Using OOG tools for stats, etc. Either way, scanning can take a while and that's all we were saying, not trying to make a pissing contest of the most pro way to scan 😛

            September 30, 2011 at 2:49 am
          5. Sir Knobcheese

            Use deep space or combat probe to find the k162's and the static, makes wh life a shitload easier

            September 29, 2011 at 9:39 pm
  12. No one important

    Very well-written report. I like the reports that summarize several engagements, or a short campaign, all at once, rather than the disjointed "Goons shot some PL blah blah blah" individual reports we tend to get.

    September 28, 2011 at 1:30 am Reply
  13. Baillif

    This was a slaughter
    I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS
    It's hard to overstate our satisfaction.
    NATO Pewalition
    We do what we must
    Because we can
    For the good of all of us
    Except the ones who are Reds
    There's no sense crying, being blobbed off the field
    Just keep guessing X3 passwords
    Till you get into their shields
    And the slaughter gets done
    And the rest get forced to run
    Taunt the Russians who are still alive

    I'm not even angry
    I'm being so sincere right now
    Even though you reinforced two POS's
    And shot us for hours
    And incapped at least 100 mods
    As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you!
    Now this giant coalition makes a dread congaline
    And we're out of Banana
    Coming for you this time
    So I'm glad you got burned
    Think of all the things you learned
    For the Russians who are still alive.
    Go ahead and leave us
    We prefer to see your backsides
    Maybe you'll find someone else to help you
    Maybe Pandemic Legion
    That was a joke
    HA HA FAT CHANCE
    Anyway, this fight was great
    It's so fun to rout you

    Look at me still talking
    When there's more slaughter to do
    When I look out there it makes me glad I'm not you
    I've plexes to run
    There is roaming to be done
    To kill the Russians who are still alive
    But believe me we are still alive
    We're killing Russians and we're still alive
    We feel fantastic and we're still alive
    While you're dying we'll still be alive
    And when you're dead we'll still be alive
    STILL ALIVE

    September 28, 2011 at 2:12 am Reply
    1. bagehi

      I promised no more poetry…

      September 28, 2011 at 2:44 am Reply
      1. Baillif

        My bad

        September 28, 2011 at 3:25 am Reply
  14. SgtSimons

    well worm holes are the new null. I know where I am going now

    September 28, 2011 at 2:54 am Reply
  15. derp

    stealing news from kugu urrday

    September 28, 2011 at 3:01 am Reply
  16. I just wonder how it would have felt to be sitting in your POS in a dread and have a Machariel come up behind you and continuously bump you out of your POS, then get raped by a 90 man fleet while your fellow fleet members watch in their POS.

    September 28, 2011 at 3:05 am Reply
    1. bagehi

      Smart cap pilots log out and don't log back in unless a scout says it is clear (the scout being preferably one of their own alts). At the very least, logoffski if you are being bumped. Caps left AFK on a POS deserve to get popped.

      Seeing something expensive slowly die when you can't do anything about sucks.

      September 28, 2011 at 4:46 pm Reply
      1. SirBacon

        Doesn't help when you get aggressed via out of shield tricks that still work 😉

        September 29, 2011 at 5:42 am Reply
  17. Concerned One

    ya know, as reporter you have a duty to "black out" sensitive info from the material you publish such as TeamSpeak address and password and so on. You should not endanger corps by airing sensitive info if you expect to get other stuff back again to publish.

    September 28, 2011 at 3:44 am Reply
    1. dephekt

      I do agree with that one. I imagine it was an oversight, but I'd like to hear the writers actual opinion on the subject of redacting secure corp or Alliance information from posted "leaks".

      September 28, 2011 at 5:18 am Reply
      1. I just reverted the change Bagehi made on the alliance mail, we wont be editing leaks and this is one of our golden rules, if alliance "x" can't keep their comms from being spammed in CAOD, it's their issue, not ours.

        September 28, 2011 at 4:17 pm Reply
        1. SirBacon

          Only problem is, no wormhole alliances or corps use CAOD nor probably will be anytime soon anyway. The amount of stupid in there is boring.

          September 28, 2011 at 4:29 pm Reply
        2. dephekt

          Password's already been changed either way. I understand your editorial points. The alliance is ultimately responsible for their own operational security. I see a hypothetical policy where you commit to reviewing leaks for sensitive information, but are you expected to manually read through every leak post, then make a determination of what information is secure to the alliance or not, etc. I can understand your point that the editor is not the best person for that burden to lay on.

          However, something I would consider, if the leak is being manually reviewed anyway, that obvious sensitive information could be edited relatively easy without a large amount of overhead. This would include things like passwords (when clearly identified as such) or personal contact information that made it up in a mail.

          All in all, I can respect the policy if it's "the alliance's job to protect the alliance's info" as a zero-tolerance rule. However, I think you could easily fix the concern without much change on your end in the interest of people being more likely to leak info, keeping users using the site that don't want passwords for teamspeak posted like Wikileaks, instead of a news site about Eve where some data that isn't relevant to the news is removed from the article. What are your thoughts? Still the same position?

          September 28, 2011 at 6:19 pm Reply
          1. the only thing we edit out is RL info, TS and game related stuff we keep it.

            someone pointed out that we didn't edited the TS info, but the sender appeared at *************, it is edited but not by us, its posted as we received it.

            September 29, 2011 at 5:57 am
    2. bagehi

      I missed that. Sorry. Edited it out just now.

      September 28, 2011 at 3:44 pm Reply
  18. Silentskills

    Nice job "Nato", I wouldn't expect anything else from Narwhals in specific other than excellence, they were an extremely organized and experienced group when I flew with them.

    September 28, 2011 at 4:25 am Reply
  19. " "

    it's really funny but sad when i am reminded again how shit incarna is

    September 28, 2011 at 5:33 am Reply
  20. Dreams_are_real

    If null becomes stagnate, as it already is, those that want to still have GF's ect without the looming supers. WH space is such a place, where the biggest things you see are normal capitals. Where blobbing is small becuase jumping from system to system is mass based, so either you have a few large ships or a bunch of smaller ships. Also in WH space the scouts get all the glory, not the actual people fighting. Many times in null the scouts get a small shout out but thats about it, in WH a scout gets all the glory and its the people killing that get the small honorable mention. For to live in WH space, you must know how to scan down not only WH's but ships too.

    Will be nice to see more fights occurring in WH space as null becomes a dry land. After all, WH space is like null but minus a few big perks.

    September 28, 2011 at 6:42 am Reply
    1. dephekt

      I have a strong feeling this story is not the last you'll be seeing about w-space warfare in the coming month.

      September 29, 2011 at 7:03 pm Reply
  21. Deen Wispa

    Wormhole PvP has always been where it's at. No local. It's just that very few publications/blogs cover it . Corps like Laughing Men and AHARM have been at this for awhile and contributed to alot of great fights in WHs.

    I lived in a C3 for a while. I can honestly say that pilots who know how to scout and scan down POSs and WTs without having to use probes are worth their weight in gold.

    Hope to see more coverage of WH PVP as it really is the last frontier of small gang PvP.

    September 28, 2011 at 7:33 am Reply
    1. SirBacon

      WH PVP isn't actually special. 99% of the time its just ganking people carebearing, thats it. The other 1% is the rare times shit like this happens or other big entitiies go brawling.

      September 29, 2011 at 10:46 pm Reply
  22. Y.i

    Adhocracy Incorporated and The Red Circle were also there

    September 28, 2011 at 9:56 am Reply
    1. Nix

      I think a few of the ADHC guys made it in for the Aquila defence op, but pretty sure TRECI only got involved in the follow-up op not mentioned here.

      Props to TRECI though for the short-notice cap supply they provided, jumping in right at the deep end with us :)

      September 28, 2011 at 10:14 am Reply
      1. Lord of the Dance

        At the time of the AQUILA defense op, most involved groups did not know TRECI well enough.
        They were suspected of being communist due to the "Red" in their name. After extensive interrogation of several TRECI members, it was proven beyond without a shadow of a doubt that TRECI are not related to the Russians in any way shape or form, aside for the exchange of blows.

        I cannot expose the secret methods used to determine if someone is a communist or not for the sake of security, but I can assure that these methods are fail-proof.

        September 28, 2011 at 11:40 am Reply
  23. Socrates

    Well done guys.
    No supers in WH space, so they can only blob you at best.
    And dont forget to post photos of their frozen corpses in space.

    September 28, 2011 at 12:08 pm Reply
  24. Grimm the TRUE!

    I see another null sec coalition in the future in "NATO" To move out of w-space and claim suv in Delve u must. All ruskies must be punished for the sufference they brought upon you little carebears.
    Congrats on the cap kills, even better when they are russian origin.
    Cheers o/

    September 28, 2011 at 2:33 pm Reply
    1. SirBacon

      Null sov? Why would anyone living in wspace downgrade fucking shitty isk and dealing with supers? The most common hole in C5s are nullsecs so plenty of holes for roaming null. In fact that is all AQUILA INC does 😛

      September 28, 2011 at 2:45 pm Reply
      1. La Lola

        cause 1 moon of technecium >>>> 100x times the money you make in your lonely hole?

        September 29, 2011 at 8:42 am Reply
        1. asdf

          Imagine a world where you don't need 250 supers to actually fight. In this world you also don't need tech moons. Badaboom

          September 29, 2011 at 3:39 pm Reply
          1. dephekt

            Oh, and there's no local so people don't just POS up the second you appear in system local.

            September 30, 2011 at 2:52 am
        2. SirBacon

          We have a tech moon, white noise fucked up and let their pro tower run out of fuel a few weeks ago, but still don't have to live in shitty null space to get the goo out 😛

          September 29, 2011 at 4:08 pm Reply
  25. F26

    This fight had absolutely nothing to do with the DRF. Other than those retarded references to DRF good report bro.

    September 28, 2011 at 2:57 pm Reply
  26. Rogueclone2

    wh war's has started.

    September 28, 2011 at 3:46 pm Reply
  27. Firartix

    "Due to their imposing PVP acumen, Aquila holds J100549, a cozy little class-5, by themselves"
    I lol'd. As a 50-100 people CAREBARS corp we held a Class 6 Cataclysmic Variable (so even easier to run) for about a year without a problem. …. well, i think i still fear AQUILA, though – but that wouldnt be the first W-Space alliance to fear

    September 28, 2011 at 4:06 pm Reply
    1. SirBacon

      AQUILA isn't an alliance 😛 Nor does AQUILA go around evicting people in wspace, they go do that in null, most killing everything.

      September 28, 2011 at 4:30 pm Reply
  28. FU!

    its good to see pvp is still alive and well somewhere in eve

    September 28, 2011 at 11:56 pm Reply
  29. Observer

    Its a nice example of now sc DO NOT affect some aspects of the game.
    Nowdays its easy as hell for big alliances to throw 12 titans and 123 sc on some ratting sc in anomaly.

    Welcome to the real world drf.

    September 29, 2011 at 9:42 pm Reply
  30. King of Data

    Too bad -A- wouldn't put up that good of a fight for DRF. It saddens me. :(

    September 30, 2011 at 3:23 am Reply
  31. OMG

    To bad that reports are never written by people who dont really care for either side, but what can be said, its pretty much the standard for real life so I guess you get the same in unreal worlds setted in the real world. Anyway people in wormholes make to much money to really care for losses summed up to 20b isks, its just a scratch.

    September 30, 2011 at 7:25 pm Reply
  32. […] Two weeks ago, we reported on a dramatic escalation in the w-space conflict between the NATO coalition and Russian coalition. Clearly, the w-space Cold War is hot. […]

    October 13, 2011 at 9:01 pm
  33. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is wonderful blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.

    February 13, 2019 at 3:24 am Reply

Leave a Reply